Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:02:53 AM
714311 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Is anyone else going to see Alien: Director's Cut on Halloween? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is anyone else going to see Alien: Director's Cut on Halloween?  (Read 1462 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 02, 2003, 09:56:46 PM »

I'm not a fan of the movie but I would like to see it on the big screen, should be lots of fun just from the audience alone.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2003, 11:38:48 PM »

I didn't know they were going to show it.

Will it be in wide release all over the U.S. or only on a small limited number of screens?

If they show it here in Iowa then I'm definitely there!

NEC
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2003, 11:43:17 PM »

I didn't even know this existed. Is it out on DVD or is it something just being uncovered and introduced?

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2003, 11:54:34 PM »

I own and have read the book and it contains quite a bit of stuff that the film version we've all seen didn't include.  
I noticed that in the Directors Cut alot of this IS included.

Here's some of the extras we can hope to see in the director's cut.  

The laserdisc release features a separate section with the scenes not included in the theatrical release.
After being awakened from hypersleep, Kane wanders out to the kitchen to prepare breakfast, he says "Rise and shine Lambert".

The crew gathers on the bridge and listens to the signal coming from the derelict craft.

Lambert confronts Ripley about Ripley's reluctance to let them back on the ship with Kane and the facehugger. Lambert tells Ripley, Parker and Brett how the face hugger got on Kane.

Ripley radios down to Parker and Brett to see how they're progressing on the repairs, Parker and Ripley exchange tense words over the radio.

After the face hugger's acid eats through a few floors, the crew returns to the med lab to check up on Kane's condition. Ripley sees an X-Ray of Kane's chest and asks Ash, "What is that dark stain on Kane's lung?" The rest of the crew starts asking if Kane's going to live, Dallas tells everyone to go back to work.

After Kane's death, the crew gathers around at the meal table to discuss what they're going to do with the escaped alien. Brett announces the cattle-prod idea and suggests "catching" the alien in a net.

Longer version of Brett's death. This scene had Brett frozen with fear as the alien grabs his head, he yells "Parker!" and then blood poors from beneath his cap. The alien lifts him up into the landing gear and Ripley and Parker come rushing in. Parker stands where Brett once was and looks up; blood drips on his shirt and then Brett's cattle prod falls to Parker's feet.

Part of a scene that involves Parker, Ripley and Lambert trying to flush the alien out of the air lock. As they are about to succeed, an alarm is triggered and the alien rushes out of the airlock (getting its tail caught in the closing door, and spilling acid that causes a hull breach). Parker falls unconciously to the floor, Ripley does the same and Lambert and Ash come to their rescue. Ripley vocalizes her suspicions about Ash by accusing him of setting the alarm off.
After Dallas's disappearance, Ripley (being suspicious of Ash) asks Lambert if she's ever slept with him.

The build-up to Lambert's death is much longer. (Watch the alien's shadow on the wall, it walks in, crouches down, then immediately gets up) A scene where we see the alien enter, crouch down and wait until Lambert notices its presence was cut. When Lambert sees the alien, it uncoils its tail and walks (like a crab) over to Lambert.

After Ripley discovers the remains of Parker and Lambert, she makes another discovery. Ripley enters the landing gear area of the Nostromo (where Brett got killed) and discovers a cocooned Dallas and Brett mutating into an egg. Dallas pleads, "Kill me". Ripley flames Dallas and the Brett-egg and then runs to set the ship on self-destruct.

Post Edited (09-02-03 23:54)
JohnL

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2003, 12:21:00 AM »

>The build-up to Lambert's death is much longer. (Watch the alien's shadow on
>the wall, it walks in, crouches down, then immediately gets up) A scene where we
>see the alien enter, crouch down and wait until Lambert notices its presence was
>cut. When Lambert sees the alien, it uncoils its tail and walks (like a crab) over to
>Lambert.

SciFi showed this and some other scenes in one of their special showings. It said that they cut this scene because they realized that they were showing too much of the alien. Personally, I thought it looked kind of silly seeing it crab-walk.

>After Ripley discovers the remains of Parker and Lambert, she makes another
>discovery. Ripley enters the landing gear area of the Nostromo (where Brett got
>killed) and discovers a cocooned Dallas and Brett mutating into an egg. Dallas
>pleads, "Kill me". Ripley flames Dallas and the Brett-egg and then runs to set
>the ship on self-destruct.

I've always wished they had left this one in. It makes the aliens much more dangerous if all of them can reproduce.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Is anyone else going to see Alien: Director's Cut on Halloween? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.