Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:34:17 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  ROBOC.H.I.C. has arrived!!: All must read this!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ROBOC.H.I.C. has arrived!!: All must read this!!  (Read 5874 times)
peter johnson
« on: March 05, 2001, 01:29:21 PM »

Everyone be sure to check out the single-skull review of Robomess now showing in the reviews section!  Link to a picture of myself in the film as Gimp the Satan's Onion!!  See what I look like!  Collect Andrew's reward!!
I feel this film has never gotten the attention it deserves, B-wise.  What a cursed production!!  Not the least of which was the copywright infringement suit brought against us by Orion (Robocop) productions.  No sense of satire & fun has Orion.
Abby?  Are you out there Abby?  I recall you said you didn't think it was that bad, & I know those who would agree with you.
Write in!! Controversy!! I love it!!
Not to contradict Andrew's funny & mostly right-on review, but there are some reasons to watch -- Phil (Firesign Theatre/Rocky & Bullwinkle/Dr. Doolittle/Rugrats/The Tick) Proctor's monologue over the end-credits is completely improvised & actually quite funny -- unlike most of the film.  My own mother calls me up once a year to remind me how much she hates this film.  While I can't claim it to be in the same hallowed league as Plan 9, for instance, I do feel it deserves its own small stinky place in the annals of bad cinema.  I have real affection for it.  
Thanks for the coveted Single Skull!!
flangepart
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2001, 03:02:10 PM »

"Annels of bad cinema?"...sound like "Ainals" to go by Sgt. B! Dang,though, that was a funny review. See, pain is important in humor! The scary part is, The Corps might add this to the Crucible! Or worse, Hell Week! Talk above and beyond!
Andrew
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2001, 02:24:56 PM »

Egad man, don't you realize that Abby is even now donning her "Tracker" red wig and fueling the Ford Mustang of doom?  She'll hunt you down and gut you like a heartshot buck, then come to collect her reward of a working toaster oven.

That's it, I've got to review "Cherry 2000" - just to get it off my mind.

Oh, I did see your comment on the film and felt hurt.  The last screen capture was indeed of the "other woman" who appeared in Robo C.H.I.C., wasn't it?

Andrew
peter johnson
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2001, 03:48:30 PM »

Gad, now you've got me wondering --
The gal on the video clip & the close-up ones are all of Jennifer Estrada, but the one standing next to Phil(Morty/Police Chief)Proctor in the last still-photo may indeed be Kathy Shower.  She looks slightly compressed to me in that shot if it is indeed her -- Nope, the more I look at her the more I think you're right.  Put 2 long shots side-by-side & you can really see the difference -- Ms. Shower looks a tad emaciated next to the robust Ms. Jennifer --
Abby
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2001, 04:10:35 PM »

In case you missed my other posts, Peter, the robo-cop with women I was thinking of is NOT ROBO CHIC. The flick I was thinking of had nice looking women.

I killed the horror web awards. Didn't really mean to. But Andrew's right ... I'm dangerous. Watch your back.
peter johnson
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2001, 07:43:26 PM »

Say what?  I mean, rip the film if we must, but Ms. Shower was Playboy Playmate of the Year(c) in '88 and Jennifer ain't no slouch either.
I think the women are quite attractive.  Not their fault that this was a star-crossed production.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  ROBOC.H.I.C. has arrived!!: All must read this!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.