Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:02:58 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The touching story of a cyborg and his son. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The touching story of a cyborg and his son.  (Read 1708 times)
Hairzilla
« on: July 19, 2001, 06:05:35 PM »

Hey, I was just curious as to whether anybody else has been following the ROBOCOP: PRIME DIRECTIVES mini-series that wraps up tonight? As a Robocop fan myself, this is what I've thought of it thus far:

Part one began on a less than stellar note. Robocop didn't arrive on the scene in the usual, trademark style - with the shot of his foot coming out of the squad car- [At least, not that I can remember.], instead he just kinda shows up. The actor playing Robo' this time around is also noticably short, and walks/moves more like a big wind-up toy, as opposed to the convincing, fluid mechanical movements of his two movie predecessors. And what is with the back of his head when his helmet is removed??? The costume dept. seems to have blatantly ignored recreating all of the intricate little details that made seeing Murphy without his helmet so startling in the first place! Instead, it looks far more like a piece of molded, silver painted plastic that's been stuck to the guys' head....which, I'm sure, is exactly what it is. Fortunately there aren't too many shots of Robo with his helmet off to deal with.

Part one, with that stupid "Bone Head"?...."Bone Marrow" guy?....whatever, should have been scrapped entirely and it's main plot elements injected into what served as part two. However, with part one safely out of the way... thank God... and my complaints about Robo' aside, I have to admit that it's turned out to be a decent series, and an entertaining follow up on the character.

And with that, taking a cue from Andrew's "reviews" section, I'd like to take a moment to tell you about a few of the THINGS I'VE LEARNED FROM THIS MOVIE [SERIES]:

Cyborgs, despite not having even the slightest built in allowance for this, are able to produce tears and weep.  

Extremely traumatic memories that caused a cyborg to jolt back into a state of  awareness of his former, human existence, and that have been reoccuring in flashbacks ever since, can abruptly register as never having been used before and need to be switched on??!!  "This is your brain on, whatever..."

Skilled soldiers, armed with advanced weaponry and riding motorcycles, will still fail to even knock a slow moving cyborg off it's feet. However, three guys with sledge hammers can accomplish this in a matter of seconds. ["I wanna beeeeeeeeeeeeeee your sledge ham-mer"....Uh, sorry.]

The highly complex process which resulted in the creation of one cyborg, and that was accomplished through the team efforts of a large number of brilliant individuals, can be relatively easily duplicated by one, elderly, former member of said team. [And quickly, I might add.]

And lastly....The one, unique, successful experiment [as Murphy has been described, over and over, since movie one] in the field of cyborg technology can be repeated, with minimal difficulty, just by giving the new creation the right suggestions and talking to it.

Well, here's hoping that the conclusion turns out to be sasifactory.....I still think that Ann Lewis should have been shockingly re-introduced as the next stage in "crime prevention unit" development at the end of movie three...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The touching story of a cyborg and his son. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.