Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:12:11 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  what is your favorite b-movie review site(besides this one) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: what is your favorite b-movie review site(besides this one)  (Read 4863 times)
Gecko brothers
« on: September 09, 2003, 10:03:22 PM »

Even though this is one of the best b-movies site on the web what are some of your othere favorite sites out theremine others are
Cold Fusion Review Site and Bloody-Disgusting
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2003, 12:35:17 AM »

I've been to many other B-movie review sites and in my honest opinion I don't care for any of them.
Badmovies.org keeps it nice, simple, easy & funny.  
I do admit that this Phorum is what keeps me coming back so often.
Many other sites do not have such a feature.

All the others in my opinion somewhat of a mess & have and long drawn out reviews where I lose interest quickly...especially the one's with the plain white backgrounds.  

Nothing personal against Shumate's site or even Jabootu....I have visited both of them.
I'm sure their creators are very talented, nice people and I don't want to make any enemies but I just don't like either of their overall layouts.  
Trust me when I say that COLORS & GRAPHICS ARE EVERYTHING when it comes to a website's layout. (my opinion again of course)
The writing may be decent but if the colors are all wrong...well then you get my drift.
To put it simply...neither of them do anything for me and do not give me a real desire to return.
There's that saying that successful things are like popcorn in a pan...some pop & some don't.
(Just a little constructive criticism)

There is a reason that I bookmarked this site over 2 years ago and keep coming back to it everyday and there is a reason why I've only visited certain "other" sites once or twice and never returned.

This one has that "right" formula that works...similar to an actor who is "perfect" in a role where another actor in that same role would not be. (my opinion remember)......
I feel that most other B-movie sites are definitely lacking and are in sore need of improvement.

Post Edited (09-10-03 11:18)
Fearless Freep

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2003, 03:56:41 AM »

I like Nathan's site probably the best.  I like the length, feel, and humour of his reviews, plus he tends to review a lot of movies I've seen or would be likely to see.  Love the "Notable Totables" and the Heriatric (sp) Head, although the breast count, like Andrew's "RGBS", have gotten me in trouble. I usually read Nathan's reviews within about 10 minutes of getting his email announcement. Of his associates, I will usually catch up with "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" and "And You Thought It Was Safe", but I don't care for "MonsterHunter"

I also like "Dante's Inferno And All Night Video Store".  Good reviews, about the right length. Again, movies I'm more or less likely to come across.

Lesseee....

"Jabootu" - Good reviews but I have to be in a certain mood to read something that lengthy. I'm more prone for the "Video Cheese" selections then the normal movie reviews.

"And You Call Yourself A Scientist" - I like that Liz tends to also review some more mainstream movies and does a good job (her "Mad Max" review ad how it tied to Australians and cars was excellent) . Tends to be a bit longwinded and I wish she used more paragraph breaks.    Also tends to get on a soapbox about scientists and women in movies, which usually gives a good perspective.

"Bad Cinema Diary" - Found that place before Andrew's and have read most of his reviews, so I usually just pop in after the 15th to see the latest updates.  Short and to the point.  I do like that he doesn't really try to rate the movies, just lays out a quick synopsis with occasional tags for the espcaially good, or bad, or violent, or...

I pretty much gave up on "Teleport City" as they tend to review movies I've never heard of and probably never will, in genres that really don't interest me.   Well done reviews, just not in my taste. GreyWizard's "Unknown Movies" comes close in this department of "stuff I've never heard of and probably will never find" but I'll drop by on occasion to see if anything catches my interest.
"Sci-Fi Films" - I'll check out pretty regularly.  I'm not as much into the older sci fi as they seem to be, or rather, I haven't had time to investigate the genre enough, so a lot of the stuff they review from the 20s to the early 70s kinda misses me.  Maybe someday...

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Fearless Freep

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2003, 04:03:33 AM »

I should say that almost all of the sites that are on Andrew's links pages I have visited at least a couple of times.  Some stick with me...many do not.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2003, 01:37:01 PM »

i really enjoy THE CAVALCADE OF SCHLOCK at:

http://www.geocities.com/tyrannorabbit/index.html

the design is nothing special but the reviews are funny, informative, and addictive. i really really encourage everyone to check it out.

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Foywonder
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2003, 01:52:27 PM »

"Trust me when I say that COLORS & GRAPHICS ARE EVERYTHING when it comes to a website's layout. (my opinion again of course)"

Then you must LOVE the Schlocktoberfest site! :)
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2003, 04:40:38 PM »

Wait, there are other b-movie sites out there besides this one?

Kidding aside, Cold Fusion is awesome.  A great collection of movies there.  Bad Cinema Diary is good as well.. although sometimes the movies border on a little too obscure or too weird.  Teleport City is a well-written site.  Unknown Movies is another great site.

But the one that I wish would come back was one of the horror sites that was linked off of here.  It was called Night of the Creeps.  I have never read such funny reviews of movies in my entire life.  I've always wondered what happened to the guys on there.  I think the last time they updated was two years ago.  It's a shame; that site was incredible.

Nick
pudgym
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2003, 08:45:11 PM »

I enjoy 'Brains on Film'.  [http://www.brainsonfilm.com/]
It's only partially about B-Movies. BoF used to be a cable access show in Lexington, KY.  
It skews older. There is a plea for those under 18 to go elsewhere (and one of those chasing links is to here).
Its colors are black , and shades of gray; but posters can use colored text and other BBCodes.
A site which is envisioned to be a complete multimedia experience of one B-Movie director, but which has generated a movie BBS as well, is William Girdler [http://www.williamgirdler.com/].
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2003, 11:15:24 PM »

CAVALCADE OF SCHLOCK was the first site I thought of when I saw the thread.

I enjoy a lot of the other sites, especially Cold Fusion, but it's more of "I think I'll go read a couple of reviews for a while" thing than a regular visiting schedule.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
andy80
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2003, 11:38:19 PM »

Once in a while I'll surf other B-movie sites, but the only other one I visit regularly is Jabootu.    The reviews are so long I have to be interested in the movie to read the whole thing.  His reviews on Superman IV and ROTOR are the best I've read at a B movie site.
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2003, 03:14:40 AM »

I'm a regular fan of Sci-FiFilms, Jabootu, the House of Pain.  Opposable Thumbs is pretty good, too.

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
Flangepart

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2003, 06:18:54 PM »

I found Badmovies.org through Bad Movie report, then went to Jabootu and Cold Fusion.
Ken Begg is the Tolstoy of the group. Big old reviews!
Andrew is the "Short story" master, and Nathan is more a novelist.
All in all, i like the civility Andrew and Ken and Nathan and Freeman (Oh my) keep the BBS full of. I gotta respect that.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
NEC
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2003, 12:11:36 AM »

Personally I also like Unknown Movies, which is hosted through Bad Movie Planet.

Foywonder
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2003, 03:05:01 PM »

:Andrew is the "Short story" master

Actually, they are more like Cliff Notes if you really look at them.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2003, 04:58:46 PM »

I go through phases where I get into different ones; lately, I've been digging Teleport City.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  what is your favorite b-movie review site(besides this one) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.