Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:54:31 PM
714191 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Night Visions « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Night Visions  (Read 2491 times)
Chadzilla
« on: July 20, 2001, 01:51:05 AM »

Just snagged about 45 minutes of the new Fox horror anthology show Night Vision, hosted by some stone faced guy with tattoos and an impressive jawline.

On one hand I like seeing genre stuff on the tele again.

On the other I guessed every single plot point/twist.  The one the Bill Pullman as the Army guy that investigates the portal to another dimension was okay, the lingered on the mushy stuff and managed to make it slightly effective.  The second episode had me rolling my eyes and saying "I cannot believe your passing this off as something special or new, or original."  I guest the "twist" within three seconds and basically waited for it to end.  Boring save for the very Joe Dante moment (yeah, he directed it, re) where Carey Elwes flips through the channels, each station broadcasting some reportage of violence and death.  Cute but nothing I would have missed.

I hope next week will be better or I'll turn my evening viewing elsewhere.
StatCat
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2001, 10:55:34 AM »

You mean Henry Rollins of black flag and Rollins band fame? Stoned faced dude with many tattoos sounds awfully like him. I think I heard he was hosting this show.
Chadzilla
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2001, 12:23:50 PM »

Yeah, that's him.  Didn't know his name though.
J.R. Weber
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2001, 01:19:30 AM »

I was really looking forward to Night Visions and now that I've seen a bunch of episodes I must agree that it's pretty lame. I guessed the ending of every single episode before the halfway point...sigh. I remember seeing stuff just like this on Tales From The Crypt and it wasn't scary then, isn't scary now. The host is Henry Rollins, singer for the legendary punk band Black Flag, who has been known to rant against bad T.V. ( he calls it empty entertainment)...pretty ironic.
Steve.
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2001, 02:51:56 PM »

How the hypocritical fall, eh JR? I used to like Black Flag's energetic put-downs, but Hank has gone all establishment on us. If Night Visions comes to these shores (as it surely will) I will have to watch the first few, just to see if it's as average as everyone says.
Chris
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2001, 11:15:32 AM »

I think it stinks too  because it's like the anthology series of the 80's like Darkroom, Tales From The Darkside, The New Twilght Zone, Alfred Hitchcock Presents(The new one), The Hitchhiker, and The Ray Bradbury Theater.  And the 90's like Tales From The Crypt, The New Outer Limits, and that really stupid one on Lifetime Tv they all sucked  on some episodes but they all  were good with some. This show has no thing to really like about it the only anthology show I like from FOX is Beyond Belief (Fact or Fiction) now that was a good show to understand. To bad they were stupid enough to canceled that show but I hope they are smart enough to canceled this one.
Chris1 (aka :Chris )
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2001, 11:52:19 PM »

I also forgot  another stupid one in the 90's  that was on UPN called The Watcher with Sir Mix Alot as The Watcher and host. Now that sucks bad too.
Chris1
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2001, 02:07:55 AM »

Now I remember the Lifetime show it was called The Hidden Room and now I remember the one that came on Showtime some years ago and still on called The Hunger  same name from the movie it sucks like the movie. So there you have it from my opinion.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Night Visions « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.