Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:00:43 AM
714229 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  sci fi movie with Gene Simmons?? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: sci fi movie with Gene Simmons??  (Read 4398 times)
Raffles
« on: July 21, 2001, 03:21:44 PM »

not "Balde Runner" it was more of a conan/road warrior type thing.  At one point he's standing on top of this aztec monument going "i'll poison your water supply!" my girlfriend in high school used to say that I'll the time "I'll poison your water supply"
Apostic
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2001, 11:47:45 PM »

I suspect this to be Never Too Young to Die, wherein Simmons plays a evil super bad guy (or maybe bad gal -- wardrobe is most unhelpful here) who plans to destroy the water supply of Los Angeles.

regards,

Apostic
Hairzilla
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2001, 11:51:51 PM »

Hhhhmmm....I can't say that what you describe sounds familiar to  me Raffles...However, if this helps to somehow jog a thought, [even though I know it's not the information you're looking for] when Gene was toying with the idea of being an actor....there are just some things that shouldn't be toyed with....he did star in a distinctly "B" level sci-fi movie with Tom Selleck called RUNAWAY. [As, of course, the bad guy!]  

....Y'know, now that his KISS gig is ending - which I'm totally skeptical about. It wouldn't surprise me if he and Paul Stanley continued on with different guys in a strictly studio capacity.- and with all due respect to his impressive career, I'd love to be a fly on the wall and witness an aging Gene Simmons in his family life. Couldn't you just picture him, even heavier than he is now, [Yeah, like we weren't going to notice his increasing girth sticking out beneath the costumes!] sitting with beer in hand, surrounded by six or seven nieces and nephews at some family thing?.... "Uncle Gene! Uncle Gene! Do that weird thing with your tongue again!"

For more laughs regarding Gene's foray into the world of acting, check out an older thread, also started by yours truly, entitled "B Movie Kisstory". Everybody's comments on it are hysterical! AWK!
Raffles
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2001, 03:16:33 PM »

Ozzy had some success solo. Black Sabbath was still pretty popular in Europe with that Dio guy.  Aerosmith has had hits of course.  I mean obviously all these groups best days were before the eighties, but Kiss seem to have accomplished the least since then.  They basically perform Kiss Alive every night. They should've just taken a 20 year vacation
Steve.
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2001, 03:51:16 PM »

Dio? - Jesus, is the vertically-challenged mutant still going? He is without doubt the most un-Black Sabbath vocalist I have ever heard. Ritchie Blackmore and he deserve each other.
Hairzilla
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2001, 11:15:50 PM »

Ok, I think I've made an important discovery.... Excessive thought about B' movies may have the unfortunate side-effect of messing with one's short term memory....[Well, at least I havn't started melting or something.] I'd completely forgotten, Raffles, that you'd already graced my earlier, KISS related post with your comments until I ran across it again just now. Looks like I'm deserving of the "Zombies Would Ignore You" award for that one. I'd like to...sniff...thank my mother and Anothony Michael Hall.

....Zombies eat brains....and if one doesn't seem to have any....Y'know? Aw, just skip it.  8)
Ian "GameZMaster" Nathanson
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2001, 07:15:56 AM »

The name of the movie is called RUNAWAY it stars Tom Selleck its one of my favorite crappy 80s scifi , its one of the few movies directed by Micheal Crieton (yes the guy who writes those books like Jurrasic Park) I recommend it highly.

BTW this is my first time on the board so be gentle :)
Steve.
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2001, 03:23:34 PM »

Is that the one where Mr. Magnum chases a itty-bitty robot around a field. Or was it a car-park?
Ian "GameZMaster: Nathanson
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2001, 06:59:43 PM »

theres alot of chasing of robots, i dont remember a field but there are a few scenes in a car-park (as the british say) during the climatic end.
Steve.
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2001, 08:43:46 AM »

That's the one - extremely crappy indeed (as we British say).
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  sci fi movie with Gene Simmons?? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.