Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:59:54 AM
714336 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Actors who always use the same entourage « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Actors who always use the same entourage  (Read 2486 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: September 23, 2003, 02:19:02 PM »

I noticed that there a few actors out there such as Adam Sandler & Kevin Smith who always seem to include the same people in their films.

I wonder what reasons they have for doing this because when you think about it...it is a rare thing.
Not many actors do that...only a small handful.

What other actors can you think of that always have the same entourage of people in their films?
Dave:Blackeye15
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2003, 02:25:02 PM »

Chris Farley and David Spade worked on the same movies often.

-the first rule of fat club-
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2003, 02:37:18 PM »

I'd have called Farley and Spade a team. Although, just about every time somebody from SNL makes a movie, it's almost guaranteed to have a bunch of other SNLers appearing in it.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Brock
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2003, 02:40:04 PM »

Soderbergh has kind of a posse, what with Clooney and all.  And Clooney comes with a posse of his own that kinds of overlaps into Soderbergh's.  And the Coen Brothers have Frances McDormand at least, and also Clooney, now.
Brock
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2003, 02:43:38 PM »

P.T. Anderson used a lot of the same people in his movies - Julianne Moore, William H. Macy, John C. Reilly, Philip Seymour Hoffman, etc.
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2003, 04:04:53 PM »

Jackie Chan likes to use a lot of the same guys in some of his films.  Members of his stunt team are usually henchmen (MARS in particular) or buddies.  

Robert Rodriguez has a thing for Antonio Banderas.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

Nick
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2003, 04:56:55 PM »

In addition to actors having entourages, I think that a lot of directors have them:

Woody Allen uses many of the same actors in his films, although his cast of "regulars" has changed over the years.

Martin Scorsese has used his mother, his father, Harvey Keitel, and Robert DeNiro in various films.

George Romero has his little troupe of regulars, including his wife, John Amplas, Tom Savini, etc.

John Carpenter used a lot of familiar faces in several movies.

I think they gravitate toward people that they enjoy working with, or who seem to "fit" their movies.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Fearless Freep

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2003, 05:29:12 PM »

Sam Raimi and Bruce Cambell?

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Bmeansgood
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2003, 05:59:25 PM »

Clint Eastwood in the 70's and 80's.  My wife refuses to watch any movie where his (former) real life girlfriend (that blonde chick) plays opposite Clint as some sort of love interest.  

He is always surrounded by the same bad guys/good guys.  I only wish the orangutan's could have been in more movies.
yaddo42
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2003, 07:52:51 PM »

John Ford had his "stage company" of actors he used over and over, John Wayne inherited it when Ford retired, and added people of his own. But Wayne also used actors like Jim Davis, Hank Worden, John Agar, and Chris Mitchum many times, in addition to using members of his family like Patrick Wayne many times.

Arnold Schwarzenegger used people like Bill Duke in lots of his movies.

Jeff Bridges put some of his friends in his movies. He was buddies with the late Joe Spinell and got him roles in "Winter Kills" and "Rancho Deluxe".

Besides Sondra Locke while they were dating, Eastwood has his own stable of actors he turns to many times like Geoffrey Lewis and Albert Popwell.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2003, 09:45:28 PM »

Yeah, I remember Bill Duke appearing in Arnie pictures. Sven Ole Thorsen appeared in a few as well, and Jesse Ventura was in at least a couple.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
dean
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2003, 01:28:29 PM »

I think that all these people work together because they have a lot of fun making movies with their friends.  [i'm mainly referring to the SNL crew and View Askew] They all look like they had a ball making their films [which means, mainly for Adam Sandler, that we don't get their jokes, because they all think its funny, but many times, we don't quite get it]

But then you have people like De Niro and Scorsese, are they actually good friends or do they just click together well creatively?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Actors who always use the same entourage « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.