Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:41:38 AM
714148 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "The Terror...from Space!" « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "The Terror...from Space!"  (Read 3707 times)
Goon
« on: September 30, 2003, 08:55:54 PM »

My first assignment for video production class is to make a sci-fi horror movie for halloween.  I brought my copy of "The Creeping Terror" to class and pitched the idea of doing a homage to it.  So far I have a handful of cast/crew/extras.  I've gotten the script written (all three pages of it) and IF we are very, very, domo, super, ultra, VERY lucky, we will get some footage shot tomorrow.

Our monster at this point is a sleeping bag.  We will stick someone in it to make move.  We will use reverse clip effects to have it eat people.  Our space ship is a garbage can.  We will have someone drop it off the roof to simulate it landing.

Anybody got any comments or suggestions?  I'm going to bribe people into being eaten by offering them doughnuts.  Wish us luck!

-----ooo-'U'-ooo------Kilroy was here.

Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 10:29:46 PM »

Sounds like a blast Goon. I took a video production class one year and we couldn't stop laughing. Could barly catch my breath. We all had a chance to direct, write scripts, edit, and act. Lots of fun.

Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2003, 11:34:33 PM »

Same here, I cant wait to see what goofiness you got going. if you need any help just say when. I can help out with a story pretty well.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2003, 02:31:35 AM »

When I hear the words "sleeping bag" I cannot help but think of the scene in Jason X.

Lord help the rest of the class the day I get to do such a project!

My imagination knows no bounds!

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2003, 11:06:26 AM »

Maybe you should show the creature having a baby at the end. You could use a pillow case for the baby. That would give you an excuse to make a sequel.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Goon
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2003, 10:45:08 PM »

Well, we got most of the dialog done.  I play the FBI agent who does half the talking.  At the words of the video production teacher that "Every year, without fail, a student in my class has been arested while filming"  we decided to stay off the roof.  Instead of a garbage can we found a convenient pair of very large plastic pots that we put on top of each other for the spaceship.  It opens like a clamshell.  The classroom is right next to the local public access TV station, so not only will this be broadcast on the 31st of october, but we have access to all the shots of dials and guages we need for inside the spaceship.

"How many shots of dials do you need in any one movie?"
"You can NEVER have enough."  -MST3K

Thursday, we EDIT!

-----ooo-'U'-ooo------Kilroy was here

Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2003, 10:58:18 PM »

Hey goon where are you located anyways?

Flangepart

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2003, 07:13:31 PM »

This....sounds like fun!
Keep some bail money handy!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Goon
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2003, 08:15:01 PM »

Argh.  Bad lighting and lack of consistancy mean we need to re-shoot most of what we got.  We edited what we had together and it just didn't work.  We shall try again, on monday.
What would some of you do if you were making your own creeping terror?

------ooo-'U'-ooo------Kilroy was here.
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2003, 02:48:00 PM »

have plenty of stupid victims...maybe a sorrority scene with evil lesbians..naw j/k.

the dumb victims is hilarious though. but hang onto your old footage, its always good for a laugh and good to hang onto.

raj

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2003, 02:56:16 PM »

Don't forget slow-motion.
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2003, 10:45:52 PM »

Nnnnnnnnn......oooooooooooooooooo.......oooooooooooooooo......ooo.........

Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2003, 05:43:02 PM »

So when will we all get to see your 'Bmasterpeice' coming along goon? It sounds like a lot of fun to watch.

Goon
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2003, 09:54:02 PM »

The due date is october 31st.  I got some footage shot this weekend at my dad's.  I got him to do a spit-take for the camera.  The family dog gets eaten, along with me.  We might end up using some of it after all.  I friend of mine who draws much better than I do took a copy of the script home with him so he could do some storyboards for us.
Give me ideas for scenes you want to see.  We might end up editing them in, after the project is graded and if we have time to do them.  Who knows?  I could end up mailing a copy to Andrew after we print it to tape.
Oh, and I've stepped up the request from "wish us luck" to "pray for us".

-----ooo-'U'-ooo----kilroy was here.

Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2003, 09:12:23 AM »

Hows about a funny scene? say the terror from space finds some drunk girl and purposly keeps nudging her to wake up, and when she finally does she says "bite me a***ole" and looks to see the sleeping bag monster, then it eats her.

I just made that up in about 5 seconds there folks, can you say cheese?:)

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "The Terror...from Space!" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.