Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:19:44 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Popping The Tick « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Popping The Tick  (Read 3106 times)
Squishy
« on: July 25, 2001, 08:20:26 AM »

J**** H. Lap-Dancing C*****, Fox, take your sweet-ass time. Considering the season's been in the can for YEARS now, how many people think The Tick will be renewed, regardless of its success?

Worse, there are SEVERAL episodes left over from the previous season of Futurama--and look how late they're kicking off the next one.

You're watching Fox. Dumbass.
We hate you--even more than we hate overselves.

"The Tick live-action television series will premiere on Thursday, Nov, 1 at 8:30 p.m. on Fox. Eight episodes of The Tick, which stars Patrick Warburton as the super-hero created by Ben Edlund, have been produced by Sony Television.

Other Fox season premiere dates include (all times ET): Dark Angel on Friday, Sept. 21 at 8 p.m.; King of the Hill on Sunday, Nov. 4 at 7:30 p.m.; The Simpsons on Sunday, Nov. 4 at 8 p.m.; The X-Files on Sunday, Nov. 4 at 9 p.m.; and Futurama on Sunday, Dec. 9 at 7 p.m. "

--From Comics Continuum at http://www.comicscontinuum.com/

NOVEMBER FIRST? DECEMBER NINTH?

Go Fox yourselves.
Flangepart
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2001, 11:26:51 AM »

Is it too much to think they'll use the way cool theme music from the Cartoon Tick? Heck, will edlund write any of the storys? And who is playing Arther, Sewer Urchen, American Maid, and the rest of the gang?
Stefan Robak
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2001, 11:43:36 AM »

No:  Sewer Urchin, American Maid and many others aren't allowed due to some kind of legal thing.  Odds are they won't have the old sitcom.
Yes: Edlund is writing as well as a few of the cartoon's other writers.  Arthur will be there of course.  And a killer robot is sent to assassinate Jimmy Carter.  An American Maid and Dieflatermaus type couple will be in the series so at least it's close.  I got a bad feeling the show won't be good but Warburton is pretty funny and could do a good Tick (after watching Emperor's New Groove, you know he could).  I just hope the do an adaption of the comic story Night of the Million Zillion Ninja's.  Those Ninjas crack me up.
Squishy
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2001, 03:45:44 PM »

American Maid will now be Captain Liberty (eh) and Dieflatermaus will be...Batmanuel (yeee).
Vermin Boy
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2001, 04:12:06 PM »

Damn shame about the characters... I was hoping to see Bruce Campbell as Die Fledermaus.

Still, the move to primetime means they might be able to use characters from the comics they couldn't use in the kids show, like Paul the Samurai and the Chainsaw Vigilante.
Flangepart
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2001, 05:08:17 PM »

realy. Hummmm. Well.......i'll wait and see. Bruce Campbell as Die Fledermause. Funny! Huh, now that i think about it, who would you cast as the other characters, if they ever do get on the show, or who would ya' like ta' see as new character? BTW, who's playing Arther?  Oh, one last thing. The Tick Costume shows his face, unlike the comic. Edlund okey'ed it, but it just don't seem right. and, do ya'   Think Warborton can catch the Tick's voice/diologue match from the Toon?
Squishy
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2001, 05:34:19 PM »

The open-face costume takes some adjustment, but consider the alternatives--either big-but-static lenses, or too-expensive and possibly-detrimental animated eyes to match the book/cartoon. It's all up to the actor now, but...

Batmanuel (yeee) is reduced, if I recall, to a simple eye-mask. (Obnoxious fart noise.) Yeah, a Batman-spoof with a Domino mask. (Repeat obnoxious fart noise.)  Actually, it's LESS than a Domino mask, but...

Flangepart, http://www.zealot.com/tick/index.php3 has pics and a preview, but I can't guarantee the links work. Give it a shot! Warbuton doesn't sound exactly like the 'toon--or match the toon version's attitude--but...
Stefan Robak
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2001, 08:51:06 PM »

The comic came way before the toon (1988) so the cartoon shouldn't be the be all and end all.  However, I the voice work wqas so good I can understand why.  Like I said: Warburton was a great Tick like character when he played Krunk.  He also sounds kinda like a young Adam West, which should really help the role.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2001, 09:16:43 PM »

Dustin Hoffman would seem like a shoe-in for Sewer Urchin... :)

If they end up using the Chainsaw Vigilante, I think they should try to get Jeffrey Combs, far and away the best nutjob actor in the biz these days.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Popping The Tick « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.