Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:16:55 AM
714335 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Druids « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Druids  (Read 1806 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: October 01, 2003, 07:43:17 PM »

This incoherent mess of a movie has been discussed before, but I just finished watching the thing and feel the need to vent.

My first problem was the location:  Gaul.  I know that the Druids were a Celtic religious sect, but I do not think of Gaul when I think Druids.

The second problem is that this movie is trying very, very hard to be "Braveheart."  It does not quite make the grade (not even close), but watch a couple of the scenes and try to put some bagpipes in.  Yup, it wants to be "Braveheart."

An absolutely HUGE problem was that the movie seemed to jump from major plot point to major plot point with no good reason.  Even though it was about 2 hours long, I have a feeling that 50% of this movie ended up on the cutting room floor.

Hey, were we to believe the relief army was deadlocked on who should be general for a month?  Also, the great warrior woman is stupid enough to turn her back on the Romans?

Oh, and why were all the city's women baring their breasts?  Talk about gratuitous breasts shots.

Lastly, when the movie ended, I read the text and cried out, "What was the point?"

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Gecko brothers
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 07:59:51 PM »

Wow! I say we find the people who thought this was a good idea and choke them
Evil Matt
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2003, 10:03:12 PM »

As far as the indecision on the part of the relief army goes, I can say that we had a hard enough time finding the right personnel to do inventory on our toolboxes on any given day in the motor pool at Ft. Bragg, but yeah, I kind of see your point.

Everything's funnier with monkeys.
FearlessFreep
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2003, 11:40:00 PM »

Yeah, Christopher Lambert's last gasp to be Mel Gibson, I guess.

A lot of the whole 'Druid' backstory didn't seem to make much sense to me, or be fully thought through.

And his final plan seem fatally flawed, depending on all the armies to act united without prior evidence they could agree on what side of the plate to put the soup spoon.  Not attack without *knowing* they were not to attack.  He gave them zero strategic direction and then counted on them to do something highly counterintuitive and against their own nature
Alex
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2003, 07:45:21 AM »

What do you mean, shocked by druids in Gaul?? They're as much as part of Gallic culture as the pyramids are of Egypt! Caesar and other Romans are constantly going on about them. Don't you have Asterix in the US?

Neville

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2003, 09:41:44 AM »

It must be truly bad if it has Christophe Lambert as the lead and you didn't even have to criticise him in order to demolish the movie.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
FearlessFreep
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2003, 10:49:37 AM »

I tend to like Christopher Lambert; I usually don't critcize a movie because of his involvement and, in fact, sometimes that's the best part of the movie
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2003, 01:00:34 PM »

Christopher Lambert is on my list of "Most Aggravating Actors."

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flangepart

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2003, 07:11:30 PM »

Yeesh...i feel your pain, Andrew.
The thing is so...stupid! And Lambert is a glaze eyed loon through out.
Except for the breasts...well, most of them (Granny...put...the shirt...on!), there is little to redeam this travesty.
Better to read Astrex the Gaul....thats a good comic book, and its loads better then this load!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2003, 08:05:27 PM »

I do not have any big problem with him as an actor.  He certainly was not very good in this, but I would blame the director for a great deal of that.  One thing you do not have Christopher Lambert do is yell loudly and stride around like a king.  He sounds terrible when he tries to yell, but there he is - walking on a table and yelling about only leading the people if they want him to be their king.

Bloody awful...

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Druids « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.