Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:22:10 PM
714316 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Biblical movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Biblical movies  (Read 8401 times)
Evil Matt
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2003, 01:55:24 AM »

After "Phantom Menace" came out, it seemed to me that Lucas turned Darth Vader into a "perverted Christ" figure.  He was immaculately conceived ("He has no father," Anakin's mom tells Qui-Gon, in one of the laziest pieces of screenwriting ever.  I don't appreciate the series' decision to force-feed literary themes down my throat, nor do I appreciate the way they took the easy way out on introducing Vader's father), he grew up poor, in the desert, no less.  Eventually he dies and is resurrected (in a sense...Luke sees him standing around with the ghosts of Obi-Wan and Yoda at the end of "Jedi") mirroring Christ's death, resurrection, and ascension to heaven.  The only thing Vader was missing was a group of twelve guys following him around preaching about the force.

Everything's funnier with monkeys.
Blair
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2003, 10:13:15 PM »

Oh my god, ya'll.  I just can't get enough of those freakout  '70s movies on the Church Channel. "Image of the Beast," "A Thief In the Night," and "A Distant Thunder." The crux of these movies is if you are left behind and don't want to take "the mark" --- you have to have your head chopped off!
dean
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2003, 10:31:43 AM »

i really really really think very little of george lucas.  i love a lot of his work and i like a fair few of his films, but the direction he has taken with the new batch of star wars s**ts me beyond belief.

my main problem: R2D2 never had rocket packs, so why do we need to see it in attack of the clones? oh that's right, so we can see all the bloody special effects they did on the film.

it's just a money making merchandising machine and nothing else, story is almost non existant [no new real information has really been given]

sigh... i'll shut up now, i've vented my anger for today!
yaddo42
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2003, 12:25:24 AM »

I love watching the TBN bunch promoting their movies like "The Omega Code" and "Megiddo".

They made such a big deal out of the first film breaking into the top 10 movie grosses  (#7) its opening week, harping on it even though its box office take dropped greatly from the second week on. The first one made money because it was so cheap ($5 mil, IIRC) and they had little to no advertsing outside of promos on their own channel. They never mentioned the box office take or performance of "Megiddo", so I'm guessing it did poorly compared since it cost a lot more (about $10 to $12 mil).

Also how proudly they listed the cast members like they were bigger stars than they were. Casper Van Dien? The Crown Prince of bad straight to video crap. Michael York? A once medium level star in the 1970s with a respectable career now best known for the Austin Powers flicks. Catherine Oxenberg? A minor aging starlet most famous for being the daughter of the Queen of Yugoslavia and being married to producer Robert Evans only long enough to have it annulled.

I love that they threw the name Udo Kier around when he was in "Megiddo", but never seemed to interview him or mention his other film credits. I guess films like "German Chainsaw Massacre" would be hard to explain to the TBN audience.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Biblical movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.