Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:55:10 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Iron Monkey 2 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Iron Monkey 2  (Read 2182 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: October 02, 2003, 08:27:08 PM »

You know, the IMDB lists this as 1996, but I am not so sure.  It feels more like an 80's kung-fu flick, in terms of both the quality and the dubbing.  Maybe they just repackaged an unreleased Yuen Wo Ping movie?

The plot is that some bad guys are taking people's land and buying firearms.  At first, Iron Monkey and another student of Monkey Fist harass the gang, but for different reasons.  When they finally do team up, they are joined by two con artists (one male and one female).  Eventually, the girl con artist is killed by the bad guys, which causes the boy con artist to reevaluate his life.  He becomes a master of shovel fu.

Besides containing the same characters, the big opening fight seems like it was lifted from a totally different film.  Then there is the matter of the grand finale fight.  I was astounded to see that they used "Molotov Fu" to destroy Jade Scorpion (the head baddie).

Lesson learned:
Never hire an assistant cameraman whose name is "Ho s**t."

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
yaddo42
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 09:06:23 PM »

I've run across that a few times with IMDB concerning dates of films. After watching the South African cop flick "Vengence Cops" on Lost Drive-In on Speedvision. I attempted to look it it up. They had next to no info, naturally, but worst of all they listed the movie as 1988. This was clearly wrong since the cars, clothing, and hairstyles had a very late 60s-early 70s look. Unless style and trends were frozen by the later trade embargo, I'm guessing the mid 70s for the movie.
Dave:Blackeye15
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 09:39:01 PM »

I saw this a few weeks ago with my friend who had gotten it for his birthday and this was the first time he was watching it. I think Iron Monkey two is the sequal to an other Iron Monkey made in the 60's-70's (O.K that's a HUGE DUH) but I checked up on it at HKFlix.com and I think Iron Monkey 1992 was a remake and I haven't Seen Iron Monkey 2 1990's so I don't know for SURE if the 90's Iron Money Movies are remakes or just under the same name. We thought the movie was pretty ok the Molotov death seen was Awsome to us.

-the first rule of fat club-
slax
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2003, 04:20:30 PM »

The movie is not entirely a sequel,Yuen Woo Ping just attached his name to it as a favor to Donnie Yen the star who does not play the iron monkey in the first.

It was indeed made after iron monkey 1 but has a very cheap look to it which could lead one to believe it's an 80's action movie.The crappy Tai-seng dvd doesn't help in that department.

For $5.88 at wal-mart it's worth it though just for the fight on the stack of logs and the end fight.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2003, 05:27:39 PM »

I dont know, I saw a movie Iron Monkey, I remember enjoying it and being amazed at the fight scenes. It had a doctor who was the Iron Monkey, a female assistant, andI think they fought some old woman with the help of some cop and in the end had an awesome battle on top of burning bamboo shoots.  I could be mixing this and Crouching Tiger though. In any case, which Iron Monkey have I seen.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
freelancePatsy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2003, 10:18:12 PM »

There were two movies called "The Iron Monkey". The one that Andrew rates on Badmovies.org, and one that was made later (early - mid 90s I think) that Evan saw with the doctor and his assistant that was similar to Crouching Tiger. It was released on DVD by Quentin Tarantino I think. Awesome flick.

"Shooting's fine, as long as the right people get shot"  -Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry in Magnum Force
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Iron Monkey 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.