Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:13:29 AM
714357 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dreamcatcher spoilers « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dreamcatcher spoilers  (Read 1540 times)
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« on: October 05, 2003, 02:25:34 AM »

Well I rented two movies today and hear are my reviews of them.
Dreamcatcher
Wow was this movie bad.The movie is based on a Stephen King book of the same name, now I havn't read the book but I can tell that the movie is just a thin creation of it.The movie you see would actually have some promise if it was not done so s**ty.
The movie is about 4 friends,Jonsey,Beaver,Pete, and Henry,who go up to a cabin for the weekend, they call the place "The hole in the wall", and find out that there is a alien plauge on the loose, that can take over other peoples bodys.These friends are all telepathic, an ability given to them by a retarted kid they met in there youth.
Now I do have to warn you that this has some of the dumbest dialouge I have heard in a movie.I have never heard guys speak to one anouther like they do in this movie.Its just seems to lame and tame for a couple of close friends.
Now the retarded kid they met is named Duddits, his real name is Douglas but he can't seem to pronuce words very well.Well we learn through flash backs that Duddits has some remarkable abilitys and shares them with his new found friends.
Back to the woods.Aparently an alien race has come to are planet to infect the population of the planet with bad gas and worms (I think my dog had that once), and Morgan Freeman has come to save the world from them.Freeman whos charector is Col. Abraham Kurtz is apart of a black opps alien defense force, has apparently fought these aliens before and stops at nothing to achieve this.Well mean while the four friends have gotten them selves into trouble two of them while hunting finds a lost hunter with a nasty rash and an even nastier ass, as he farts and belches constantly.The other two friends while coming back from a beer run narrowly miss a women sitting in the middle of the road, there truck flips and they are left stranded.The women apparently also has a case of the nasty rash and ass.
Well its not long before we find out whats going on with these people.In a very disguting scene a eel like alien pops out of the lost hunters ass, yes this is true, the two friends try and keep the eel in the toilet into which it was despensed.While one of the guys goes out to find some duct tape the other sits on the toilet lid and trys to keep the alien from getting out.But heaven forbid that the tooth picks that this guy is so obbssesed with have fallen on the floor and as he trys to reach for one the creature gets out and bites his face off.
Ok, now im going to jump a head to try to cut this post down.
We find out that Duddits is really an alien, this is never explained in the movie.I mean why was he on earth sense childhood,how come he is retarded, and how does he know that these four friends are going to meet these aliens.Duddits manages to prevent one of the aliens, which has taken over Jonseys body and seems to have watched way to many bond movies, from infecting the world with this alien plaugue.
Now there are alot of things in this movie which are not explained one is the before mentioned Duddits being a alien and anouther is something called SSDD.What SSDD is I do not know,the friends sure know but the audience is apparently not privlaged to know what the f**k it is, and seeing how it is brought up so often you would think they would tell what it is.
There my review is done now I hopefully never have to remeber this horrible movie again.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Ellie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2003, 02:35:46 AM »

I am a big fan of Stephen King. I read "Dreamcatcher" and didn't like it.I don't plan on seeing the movie. My favorite book is "It". I didn't like the movie.
Evil Matt
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2003, 03:36:45 AM »

SSDD = Same Sh*t, Different Day

Everything's funnier with monkeys.
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2003, 05:01:50 AM »

I've read the book and the movie that was made from it was about the best that they could do.

If they had made it like the book...it seriously would've been over 4 hours long.

And I enjoyed the book!

An interesting tidbit:

King wrote all 879 pages of it by hand....with a pen!
That's f**king insane!

Also....in the book Duddits was human and died in the end......you can see this if you watch the "alternate ending" in the DVD.

The best scene by far in my opinion was when the choppers blew apart the aliens.

"Theres no infection here!...."We're dying!"  "We need help!"

I'M THAT DOG!!
dean
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2003, 10:15:29 AM »

i actually liked the film, though i can see the bad bits people didn't like about it.
and yes it couldve been alot better, it just combined too many things: aliens, male bonding-type movie, telepathy, psycho general type guys.

it had some pretty cool elements: the aliens were kinda cool [yup, that scene with the choppers and the aliens was pretty cool]  but Mr Grey was a great character in the film, i thought that was pretty well done.

one reason why the dialogoue was so wierd could be because they are 'connected' though jason lee dying was very annoying, and yes they left too many things unexplained [like why that guy with the spinny finger power had that and the others had no other traits like that]

was this was the book king wrote after he got hit by a car?
if so, then all the accidents make more sense.

btw i only saw the film because they were showing one of the animatrix films before it, and that was worth the money in itself
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dreamcatcher spoilers « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.