Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:11:36 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Skies Are Full of Crap!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Skies Are Full of Crap!!  (Read 2243 times)
Squishy
« on: July 26, 2001, 04:27:37 AM »

Fred Olen Ray continues to fortify his strong lead in the "How Low Can One Go?" competition by infecting the airline-disaster genre. It's bad enough that the complete box-office failure and worst-movie-of-the-year champion Turbulence has TWO buttsniff sequels now (...why?), but Fred revisited the already-ridiculous plot of Airport '77--complete with recycled footage--in Submerged, followed by a ripoff of The Concorde--Airport '79 called Mach 2. His latest is Air Rage, which at least has a funny title. I don't know what it rips off, but I know it rips off something; it's a Fred Olen Ray film.

(Idiot Trivia: one of the first cases of passenger incivility to be called "air rage" involved a drunken CEO climbing on top of a beverage cart--and defecating on it. In First Class. What the hell could he have been angry about? Too much leg room? Now that would be a funny Fred movie.)

Anyhow, speaking of Turbulence, I was still amazed, even in this day and age and in spite of my deep cynicism, by the box of Air Speed, which not only tries to pass itself off as a sequel to a certain Keannu Reeves/Sandra Bullock picture, but swipes the ad art from Turbluence--one of those moments (like the Battlestar Galactica footage in Space Mutiny) where you wonder, "how the hell did they get AWAY with that?!?" I mean, go the entire nine yards can put Reeves and Bullock's names on the box.

The box of Turbulence 3: Heavy Metal is one of those things you have to see to believe. Turn it over and try to read the plot description out loud without giggling or throwing the box down in disgust. You can't do it. I not saying you should WATCH the movie, mind you. Oh God no.
Chadzilla
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2001, 12:53:44 PM »

As long as it doesn't start falling, ew.

By the way Squishy, thanks.  Now I'm going to go out and rent these turds (I just tortured myself with something called Fear Runs Silent, ugh) based entirely on your condom nation, er condemnation.
Flangepart
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2001, 06:11:28 PM »

Guess you could call these movies the "Blue ice Capades". Look out below!
Squishy
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2001, 03:55:41 AM »

Flangepart understands why I giggle every time I read the title of the anime Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water. Or see those blue sports drinks.

Chadzilla, NO! Don't do it, man! It's not worth it! You have so much to live for! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Steve.
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2001, 03:08:41 PM »

Don't forget, chaps. We eat the fish that swim in the sea that we dump our dumps in.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Skies Are Full of Crap!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.