Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:05:37 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My Thoughts on KILL BILL « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: My Thoughts on KILL BILL  (Read 3677 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: October 10, 2003, 07:38:55 PM »

Holy s**t!!

Like Brother R. likes to say, "This movie rocked my face off!!"

The only phrase I can think of off the top of my head is "jaw dropping".

This has to be one of the most bad ass films I have ever seen.
I was leaning forward in my seat for pretty much the entire film.

The fight scenes have to be seen to be believed.
I would definitely say that there is more blood & gore here than in Freddy vs. Jason.  
The gore in that film is tame by comparison.

Blood sprays like a geyser when arms, legs, heads & whatever else are hacked off!  
A guy gets his head cut off and the blood sprays like a hose nearly 10 feet in the air!
Gallons & gallons of it are spilled.

There are some truly spectacular scenes such as when The Bride takes on The Crazy 88 (88 of O-Ren Ishi's henchmen who all wear black kato masks) in the nightclub/restaurant and the film changes from color...then to B&W...then to slow motion..then back to full speed...then to color with the lights off (you only see their sillhouettes against a dark blue background as they fight) and then with the lights back on again.  f**king cool!
And the hottie 17 year old Go Go Yubari as O-Ren Ishi's (Lucy Liu) personal bodyguard with her ball & chain.  Holy s**t can that girl fight!

As usual, the scenes play out of chronological order like most of Tarantino's films but everything eventually does come full circle.
The 10-15 minute anime sequence depicting O-Ren Ishi's parents' death and her rise to power was extremely well done and didn't detract from the film at all.  It had nearly as much blood letting as the rest of the film.

The music is also that trademark 70's stuff like on "Jackie Brown" mixed with some western type guitar tunes.....a very good score.

After seeing it, I do agree that it was wise to split it into two volumes.
Trust me on that.....one review I read said it would've been too much sensory overload and I feel that that writer was absolutely correct...just go see it and I think you'll agree.  
Plus the splitting of it into two films in my opinion adds a certain kind of coolness to it that will make the film somewhat of a cult classic collector's item in the future.
Splitting it up was an ingenious decision I think.

I absolutely cannot wait to see Volume 2.
I have to witness The Bride take revenge on the rest of the Deadly Viper Assasination Squad that left her and her unborn child for dead!

I cannot recommend this film highly enough.
 I'd write more but I don't want to spoil it for you if you do decide to go see it.

GO SEE THIS FILM NOW!!!

Read Roger Ebert's 4 star review of it here:
http://www.suntimes.com/output/ebert1/wkp-news-killbill10f.html

Post Edited (10-11-03 01:57)
Neon Noodle
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2003, 01:08:43 AM »

Well Ash, you pretty much summed it all up!

Anyone who lost faith in Tarantino after "Jackie Brown" will have their faith restored in Kill Bill.

It's 1am, and I wish i could grab another showing....
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2003, 02:10:52 AM »

Havn't seen the movie yet.It looks cool, but my only problem with it is that Uma Therman (sorry if last name spelled incorrect) is in it. I have just never liked her.To me she is ugly and not that great of an actress as well.Oh well even if she is in it I still want to see it.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2003, 02:15:29 AM »

Trust me guy....if you think she's ugly....you'll change your mind.
She's smokin' hot in this film.
Nothing's more sexy to me than a woman who kills without remorse with a sword!

I've always found her very attractive.  She looks great in those tight ass jeans when she fights Vivica Fox in the beginning of the film.  
I kept staring at her ass when it was shown!
"To each his own"  I always say.

Post Edited (10-11-03 02:17)
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2003, 02:43:39 AM »

Well, Ash kinda stole my thunder, but what the hell...this movie ROCKED MY f**kING FACE OFF!
As my friend Bob said as we were leaving the theater, "Remind me when I've seen a more badass movie."  I, of course, could think of nothing.
I agree with wyckednick about not finding Uma attractive, but who the hell cares!  Swordfights!  Flying guillotines!  Blood geysers!  Sonny Chiba!  An opening still of the old "Filmed In Shawscope" logo for Christ's sake!  GO SEE THE DAMN MOVIE NOW!

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Evil Matt
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2003, 07:17:02 AM »

Am I a bad person for actually liking "Jackie Brown"?

Everything's funnier with monkeys.
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2003, 07:31:12 PM »

Evil Matt wrote:

> Am I a bad person for actually liking "Jackie Brown"?
>

I hope not, I liked it too.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2003, 07:37:42 PM »

I saw this today and I thought it was great. I was surprised that the amount of graphic violence and bloodshed didn't get it an NC-17 rating.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
dean
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2003, 08:12:09 AM »

damn thing doesn't come out here until thursday.  why do i have to wait? WHY?!??!?!

i think i'm going to go and take my revenge on all the local movie distributors...
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2003, 02:01:37 PM »

I'm probably going to skip it....I'm not a big fan of the Asian action films that it's a homage to, so I don't think I'll enjoy it much.   Though it might be one of those things where I'm convinced beforehand that I'm going to hate it only to find out that I in fact like it.  But I don't wanna spend the cash to see it in the theater.
Uncle Fester
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2003, 11:58:18 PM »

This is the kind of movie that you will talk about 6 months,1year from now.The fighting scenes were awsome!The Brides battle withO-Ren,in the snow was so beatifully shot[wipes tear]and a cool spanish guitar song in the background made this a highlight for me.
Dave:Blackeye15
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2003, 01:59:20 PM »

Beautiful *SOB* so beautful. I haven't been that execited to see a movie in a theater since Matrix Reloaded. and the last time I had that much fun was well.. Matrix Reloaded. KILL BILL KICKS ASS!

-the first rule of fat club-
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2003, 04:05:37 PM »

Dave:Blackeye15 wrote:

"Beautiful *SOB* so beautful. I haven't been that execited to see a movie in a theater since Matrix Reloaded. and the last time I had that much fun was well.. Matrix Reloaded. KILL BILL KICKS ASS!"

I thought that KILL BILL was everything that MATRIX: RELOADED failed to be. KILL BILL was far more entertaining and the choreography of the action scenes in BILL was head-and-shoulders above RELOADED.

Plus, KILL BILL used the cheesy, psychedelic "Feature Presentation" announcement at the beginning that I remember so well from the early 1970s. And some of the music was classic "1973 cheapo martial arts movie" music, which gave me great feelings of nostalgia. Tarantino captured the look and feel of early 70s martial arts, contemporary Hong Kong action, anime, and even a hint of blaxploitation! Amazing!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Jackflack
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2003, 05:40:28 PM »

Yeah, there's not enough positive things to say about this movie.  They did EVERYTHING right with this one.  

The Matrix?  What's that?  After seeing Kill Bill... that movie just doesn't mean much to me anymore.  The Wachowski Bros. got OWNED by Quentin Tarrentino.

Kill Bill:  It'll ROCK YOUR FACE OFF.

Yeah, I like the sound of that.
wuggles451
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2003, 10:00:09 PM »

Yes Kill Bill kicked ass! I have already seen it twice and may go back for thirds. It doesnt surprise me that Japan got a gorier version especially reading about the ratings concerns in entertainment weekly. Personally I like the black and white segment but i wish it had been used over something other than the breakdance sword fight I would love to see what that looks like in full color. As far as the DVD realease goes do you think both movies will be on one DVD so you can watch it for 3 hours straight the way it may or maynot have been originaly intended. If not i hope the dvds will atleast give us R rated and Unrated versions of each film in one package.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My Thoughts on KILL BILL « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.