Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:08:42 AM
713347 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My Thoughts on KILL BILL « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: My Thoughts on KILL BILL  (Read 3631 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2003, 10:04:23 PM »

While sitting in the theater watching the movie I also wondered about the DVD.

I imagine that they'll initially release it as 2 seperate movies....to make more money obviously.

After that's been out for awhile I expect they'll release a special edition with the entire film uncut(the full 3 hours)...but it'll cost a bundle I'll bet.

(Oh and the scene where she spanks that guy with her sword had me rolling!)

Post Edited (10-13-03 22:05)
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2003, 12:52:16 AM »

Kill Bill destroyed the Matrix's sorry pathetic piece of crap ass because Tarantino absolutely forbade the use of s**tty CGI effects so they had to rely on actual TALENT.  And some of the Tokyo cityscapes were leftovers from GMK: Giant Monsters All Out Attack (I love IMDB trivia).
For those who haven't seen it, keep some superglue handy to put your face back on after the movie rocks it off.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2003, 07:48:34 AM »

Caught this movie over the weekend while my wife and I were on vacation.  WOW.  Great frigging flick!  I've been a huge fan of Tarantino's ever since Resivoir(sp?) Dogs and was looking forward to Kill Bill.  I never expected the film to be as fantastic as it was!  Great stuff!

Someone mentioned on here earlier that they probably wouldn't like it since they don't like the older kung fu flicks that it is paying homage to.  Forget that!  I myself am a huge vintage kung fu fan, but unfortunatly my wife is not.  She hates it.  Chiba, Lee, doesn't matter-she hates it.  Yet, throughout this flick she was as excited if not more than myself.  She loved it!

Only downside of the film for me was that I was trying to figure out what film I knew GoGo from.  I knew it was Battle Royale, but couldn't figure out which character.  Thankfully, the IMDB helped me out.  She was Chigsua in Battle Royale, the chick that stabbed the guy in the crotch numerous times.  Figured I'd post that on here in case anyone else was wondering the same thing.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
daveblackeye15
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2003, 10:22:45 AM »

To:Jackflack ,The Burgomaster, Brother Ragnarok.

I not sorry to say that I actually enjoyed Matrix Reload (Are you ok with that?) I'll admit I think Kill Bill is a better movie and I defintly had more fun at Kill Bill than "Matrix Reloaded" but I don't think Matrix Reload is a pathetic piece of crap as Jackflack put. Come on when I say "I hadn't had this much fun since well...Matrix Reload" that means it passed the bar of "If anybody says anything to me or touchs me at the slightest tap I'm gonna p**s myself because I'm so excited" (Kinda like my grandma's dog whenever I enter her house) At the end of Matrix Reload I said to my brother "Hey Matt thanks for buying that ticket for that cool movie." NOW at the end of KILL BILL I was like ".......*SOB* GOD BLESS YOU FOR BUYING ME THAT TICKET, FOR ALL ETERINTY!" So you see, you can stop kicking my ass now already guys SHEESH! (If I've offened anyone I'm sorry It's morning over here on the West Coast O.K.)

-the first rule of fat club-
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2003, 12:02:41 PM »

To daveblackeye15:

I don't necessarily think that RELOADED is a pathetic piece of crap . . . I just think that it was overhyped and didn't deliver the "punch" that it should have. When I saw it in the theater, I couldn't get into it . . . I even found the highway chase to be somewhat dull. RELOADED is all about CG effects and MTV style direction and editing. But it lacks "heart." You could see that Tarantino poured his heart into KILL BILL.

As for RELOADED, even though I was tremendously disappointed in it, I STILL ordered the DVD for my collection and I fully intend to give it another chance. Moreover, when Part 3 comes out, I will most likely go to see it . . . and I will also buy the DVD.

Is RELOADED a total piece of crap? No. It's just a movie that had a lot of promise, but turned out to be fairly dull.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
George
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2003, 01:43:27 PM »

Pseudo spoiler below

There is alot of homage ot Asian movies in the Lucy Liu segment of the film.  Beyond that, I didn't think the Vivica Fox segment was "Asian" at all.  This leads me to hope, albeit foolishly, that the showdowns with Darryl Hannah, Michael Madsen, and Bill will be different.  Maybe The Bride will confront each in their own favorite style....please....please.....please...
wuggles451
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2003, 02:53:43 PM »

Spoiler Ahead

To George I read that the final showdown with Bill is another sword fight, which is ok by me, on a beach during sunset. As you said about fighting everyone using their own style I think that is highly likely. She knife fights Vivica A Fox then mentions how she is the best with an edge weapon. She then sword fiights O-Ren Ishii who is a yakuza, also an adaptation to her targets style. So I would say that is a pretty good prediction George.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2003, 03:35:14 PM »

In KILL BILL, Tarantino certainly made up for the lack of violence in JACKIE BROWN.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
JohnL

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2003, 10:42:14 PM »

>I imagine that they'll initially release it as 2 seperate movies....to make more
>money obviously.
>
>After that's been out for awhile I expect they'll release a special edition with the
>entire film uncut(the full 3 hours)...but it'll cost a bundle I'll bet.

Don't forget the expanded 4+ hour director's cut and the mega-platinum version with 2 hours of behind the scenes info, and the ultra-gold edition...
Big Nern 420
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2003, 12:16:08 AM »

I loved Kill Bill. I usually never bother going to the movies. It seems to me like most movies suck these days, and the only ones that I want to see dont come to the theater in my town. just my luck...
Kill Bill amazed me. I loved how artsy it was. The shots from above the room were awsome, and I was so confused when they bleeped the brides real name. I was sitting in the theater like, "what the f**k just happened?" I think they should make a billion sequels. They could have vivica a fox's kid come after her and she is too old to beat her so she gets killed and then her kid comes after her and back and forth, generation after generation.
A few questions you all are probably wondering yourselves...
Who was uma marrying??
.Really... how old is David Carradine now....?

I also agree with the notion that she will battle each person's particular style. But how can uma really beat david carradine... i mean he is david carradine.
George
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2003, 11:03:19 AM »

Tons of questions in this one.  That's one of the things I really enjoyed.  As for David Carradine....she need only to snatch the pebble from his hand.....or.....he could hand the pebble to ......never mind.
Jackflack
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2003, 11:58:25 PM »

On the subject of different fight scenes for different targets, yeah I think that's gonna happen too.

And for some odd reason, I see her having a huge gunfight with Michael Madsen.....

But I'm probably completely wrong.
C Reynolds
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2003, 09:58:02 AM »

I saw this last night at the cinema and I thought it was brilliant. My dad however hated it and said it was full of sadism.

On the subject of fighting each opponent in their own particular style, so far the  knife fight with Vivica Fox which seemed very much in the style of fights in urban/ghetto exploitation movies like "Switchblade Sisters".

The fighting with Lucy Liu and her minions was in the style of Japanese samurai films like "Lone Wolf and Cub" (and there was a bit of anime thrown in there too).

That leaves the question of what style the fights with Michael Madsen, Daryl Hannah and David Carradine will be in. In the "Kill Bill" trailer there is a brief shot of Daryl Hannah doing a flying kick across the room, so it's possible that her fight scenes will be all kung-fu style.

There were also some shots of a Chinese man floating about on wires and leaping onto Uma's sword, so she might fight David Carradine in the style of Wuxia films and have to learn the secrets of Wuxia martial arts from the old Chinese man.

That just leaves Michael Madsen's fight, and like Jackflack said, it could be a gunfight. After all, how can you make a tribute to exploitation films without having gunfights?
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2003, 01:56:56 PM »

my brief thoughts.

kill bill is the first flick i've gone back and seen more than once since pulp fiction (which i saw 5 times in theaters (i was in some film classes in school and was using it as material)) the best place i saw pulp fiction was at chicago's briew n view where you can drink beer and watch the flick.

anyway, kill bill definitely holds up to multiple viewings. i got more out of the house of blue leaves crazy 88 fight the second time around and spent more time paying attention to the music and crazy sound effects whenever uma would lock eyes or see a rival assassin.

the great thing about this flick is that it shows the blood in the fights. think matrix reloaded, a couple of decent fight scenes but not one drop of blood. american cinema needs more blood. and of course it is over the top here, in a peter jackson sorta way.

i loved the retro "feature presentation" opening. i've heard some thought the sonny chiba chapter was slow but it's one of my favorite parts. not to mention that uma looks pretty damn cute in her white t-shirt and cleaned up.

great fun flick. no rich story like the Jackie Brown or twists and turns like reservoir dogs or pulp fiction to unwind, but just a lot of visceral fun. hell, i might go see it a third time. i expect part two to reveal some juicy plot turns, like how did darryl hannah's character lose her eye. i know i've seen a promo shot somewhere where she wasn't wearing an eye patch and her eye was missing. maybe uma did it?  who's keeping the baby and what's going on. i also think the entire wedding massacre will be shown as well. let's hope.

and i still wish we'd have gotten the colorized bloodier fight scenes found in the japanese version of the film.

Post Edited (10-19-03 13:59)

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My Thoughts on KILL BILL « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.