Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:14:29 PM
713360 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  How are things? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How are things?  (Read 2635 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: October 12, 2003, 02:20:29 PM »

I ask this every now and then.  Pretty much a reality check about what I am doing right or wrong with the site.  Lately, I think too many of the reviews have been for independent films submitted as screeners, so I decided to cut those back.  I also know that I am behind on posting reader reviews (my next late night project).

Hopefully, a couple of films like "The Shape of Things to Come," along with "Howling III" and "The Wraith" will be more fun for everyone.

Anyway, just let me know.  While I have to keep the site fun for myself, I definitely am not a person to simply ignore good advice and, at heart, we are all just a group of people who love b-movies.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
daveblackeye15
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2003, 02:38:01 PM »

OOOOOOOOOOOH! You're gonna review Howling III? Nice! The last time you did a Howling movie it was like "A Very Long Time Ago" As for me I'm doing fine thanks for ask'en.

-the first rule of fat club-
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 06:51:21 PM »

Hey, THE WRAITH is a great movie because he's got such a cool car.

Anyway, I generally don't like reading reviews of movies I haven't seen unless I'm probably never going to see them.  If you give a good review (or a good bad review) of an obscure movie, I might be tempted to track it down and actually watch it.  So it's good that you give the promo independents some time because otherwise I'd probably never hear of them.

Of course, I do enjoy reading reviews of movies I actually have seen.  Putting more mainstream (well, less obscure) movies into the mix seems like a good idea.

Otherwise, things are going great.  You might consider throwing some Euro-horror into the mix to shake things up a bit.  Or Japanese horror.

And now you know the rest of the story.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
JohnL

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2003, 09:19:43 PM »

For myself, I just enjoy reading whatever you review.
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2003, 09:54:48 PM »

Everthing's fine, I think.  I keep looking forward to more TV reviews, and more Godzilla and his kin type stuff, but I'm not going to complain if nothing more like that shows up.

Post Edited (10-12-03 21:58)

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2003, 09:57:55 PM »

I'd like to see clips of harder to find films like Coffin Joe, Mexican Horror, Italian Sci-Fi/Horror, Spanish Horror, Philippine Horror, Hammer Films, Euro Horror, or some of those "poverty row" films mention in my earlier post.

Maybe even some of the classic clips like Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Psycho, The Birds, Evil Dead, etc.

Branching out into other genre's over the years. Bad Movie would be a sub-genre.

Nobody else really does the clips like you do on the web.

freelancePatsy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2003, 11:51:41 PM »

I enjoy the site now just as much as when I started reading it (I've been reading for the past year or so...I've just only recently joined the forum discussions).

I have to second Scott's thoughts about the video clips...I think they're one of the best features of the site!

I enjoy the reading about the little crappy movies I've never heard of (like Count Chocula), but they're all great.

"Shooting's fine, as long as the right people get shot"  -Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry in Magnum Force
Fearless Freep

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2003, 01:09:43 AM »

I had noticed that you were drifting into more movies that I was likely to not ever see, either hrough accessibility or interest.  That didn't really bother me.  I very much prefer to read reviews of movies I've either seen or would likely to see, but since I've read almsot every review here and it only takes a few minutes to read the new reviews as the come out, it doesn't really bother me.  Mostly I'm here for the forums, now :)

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
raj

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2003, 02:36:18 PM »

I think the site is going well, especially considering how busy you've been lately.  How about a point-counterpoint on a movie, one side a "it's bad but good" the other a "it's just plain bad."

As for me, my allergies are keeping me home from work today, and while I'd rather be able to breathe, there is a Battlestar Galactica marathon on Sci-Fi.  Gawd, I used to look forward to this show every week.
chopper2
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2003, 08:28:09 AM »

Andrew, just fine thanks (or as good as can be expected at 8:24 am on a Tuesday after a 3 day weekend). But like the others have noted there seem to be a lot of B-films that are more accessible that you don't review, like the Street Fighter (1975-Sonny Chiba). But of course accessibility varies according to each person's video stores in their area and their access to good websites that sell cult films. But I mostly come here for the forum, it's a breath of fresh air sitting in front of a computer all day. Keep up the awesome work! and I hope you're enjoying your new base.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2003, 09:30:06 AM »

I really enjoy this site, and I don't think that there is a lot that you could do to make me enjoy it more.

Here are some genres that I'd like to see more reviews for:

* BLAXPLOITATION - One of my favorite genres. My DVD collection includes some fine 1970s inner-city sex and violence movies like SHAFT, BLACK CAESAR, HELL UP IN HARLEM, SLAUGHTER, TRUCK TURNER, FOXY BROWN, etc. I also have the classic DOLEMITE (which is reviewed on this site), and a couple of other Rudy Ray Moore trash epics.

* EURO HORROR - Another favorite of mine. My DVD collection is blessed with such 60s and 70s selections (some very good, some very bad) as THE REINCARNATION OF ISABEL, THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE, SHOCK, BLOOD AND BLACK LACE, DEEP RED, THE LIVING DEAD GIRL, FRANKENSTEIN'S CASTLE OF FREAKS, REQUIEM FOR A VAMPIRE, EXORCISM (a Jesus Franco trash classic), and THE ANTICHRIST.

* HIPPIE & BIKER FILMS - My collection includes such pieces of celluloid brilliance as ANGEL UNCHAINED, THE CYCLE SAVAGES, PSYCHE-OUT, and THE TRIP.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
chrisb
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2003, 12:04:29 PM »

Have you ever considered getting these reviews published and printed in book form?
In any case, I hope they're on backup -just in case.

Chrisb
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2003, 12:08:02 PM »

Actually that is a very good idea chrisb. Andrew  has alot of material to start his first volume. I know another person on the web who started with a small website and is now contacted to do speaking at big UFO type confrences.

Nemo2342
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2003, 04:10:46 PM »

I think the shopping links need to be updated. Several films that were VHS only now have DVD listings, and at least one film (Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter) doesn't have a purchase link at all. It's nothing major, but it would make it easier for me to use the site as my wish list ;)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  How are things? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.