Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:11:39 PM
714160 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  ATTN All Wal mart Shoppers!! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: ATTN All Wal mart Shoppers!!  (Read 5851 times)
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2003, 07:37:35 PM »

no kidding! wallly world must have spies they hire to look at message boards. Frogs is a true z-grade classic, i was hoping to atleast see some frogs eating people though, kind of a letdown.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2003, 07:42:51 PM »

LoL, trading one monster for another, what a rebel!
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2003, 07:47:08 PM »

haha yeah i kicked myself in the ass after i paid mundo$$ for the Brood off of amazin, then i found it at walmart for 10$. Damn walmart!
B-grade
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2003, 08:14:24 PM »

I recently got Run Lola Run (great film) and Titan AE at walmart on VHS for  $3.88 each.

Plus I got the orginal Samuri Jack, Carnivore, and an Ernest movie for my kid for $5.88 each.  Almost bought The Gate and Legend of bogy creek.
Susan
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2003, 08:40:22 PM »

>>haha yeah i kicked myself in the ass after i paid mundo$$ for the Brood off of amazin, then i found it at walmart for 10$. Damn walmart!<<

Deep discount has it for $9.12 which would be cheaper than walmart because you have no shipping or taxes.

This is a good site to compare prices:
Price Search

Post Edited (10-19-03 20:43)
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2003, 07:04:06 AM »

Susan, thanks a bunch for the info. I've surfed Deep Discount before and they seemed like a good service, although from a post i read on this board someone mentioned how their items take forever to arrive since there's no shipping charges.
yaddo42
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2003, 10:00:35 PM »

My latest scores from Wally World:

"Captain Kronos, Vampire Hunter"
and two "4 movies on 2 DVDs" sets from the AMC "Monstervision Collection"

"A Bucket Of Blood"
"Little Shop Of Horrors"
"The Terror"
"The Wasp Woman"

"The Atomic Brain"
"The Brain That Wouldn't Die"
"Carnival Of Souls"
"Night Tide"

I know they're mostly just the usual public domain limbo and cheapo flicks every low end TV station shows used to show, but I realized I didn't own any of them.

Although these are pretty blurry, probably mastered from videotapes copies, from the picture quality of "Little Shop" and "The Terror" (which looks really bad here, lots of artifacting).
chopper2
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2003, 09:11:10 AM »

"Although these are pretty blurry, probably mastered from videotapes copies."
yeah it baffles me how they can rerelease an old movie on DVD & not take the time to atleast remaster it. but then again these aren't the most "quality" films out there to reprint. last night i scored the Omen & the Texas Chainsaw Massacre (special edition) on dvd. i'm a happy camper!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2003, 01:38:24 PM »

To yaddo42:

I have some of the movies that you mentioned on DVD. My copy of A BUCKET OF BLOOD is very good quality . . . but I don't think I paid a bargain price for it.

I bought THE WASP WOMAN and THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE (bloody, uncut version) from Alpha for less than $6.00 each. The WASP WOMAN has a VHS-quality picture, but THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE is surprisingly sharp & clear considering the price. I have a few other DVDs from Alpha that range tremendously in quality:

* KILLERS FROM SPACE (picture is scratchy in many scenes)
* THE KILLER SHREWS (not bad)
* BELA LUGOSI MEETS A BROOKLYN GORILLA (very good . . . almost as sharp & clear as THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE)

Post Edited (10-24-03 13:40)

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Susan
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2003, 04:11:11 PM »

>>Susan, thanks a bunch for the info. I've surfed Deep Discount before and they seemed like a good service, although from a post i read on this board someone mentioned how their items take forever to arrive since there's no shipping charges.<<

True, you can expect an average of i'd say 7 days. But if you like to save money and don't care about the rush that's the best choice. My only complaint was my first shipment was damaged (the case was broken). At first I was goign to use an empty case blockbuster gave me but I decided to return it. What bothered me was the return form they gave me had an address that was completely different from the internet or the original receipt. I called and got a hold of someone who told me it must be an old one..why would they have sent me that?? But they did ..I just didn't like having to wait for the movie, wait for it to return to them and wait for it to be replaced back to me. There was no idescrepancy with the charges, I think they just need to work better on their customer service. Receiving damaged items probably isn't the norm with them, I've had it happen with amazon too.

The Burgomaster

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2003, 09:46:04 AM »

CHOPPER:

As for Deep Discount DVD, I buy about 80% or more of my DVDs from that website and they arrive within 5 business days almost every time. The delay is meaningless to me because I order my movies at least a month or two in advance of the release dates, so the extra 5 days is insignificant.

Something else you should know . . . they ship new releases of current movies BEFORE the release date, so that you actually receive them on the same day (or maybe 1 day later) that they are available in stores.

I have saved THOUSANDS of dollars on this website. For example, I just bought BLACK SUNDAY (the Bruce Dern, Robert Shaw thriller) for $5.98 (with free shipping). I saw it in Circuit City yesterday for $10 more. For this level of savings, I don't mind waiting a few of days.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Susan
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2003, 01:10:08 PM »

Burgo - overall good experience with DDDVD? I hated my first time to have problems but I do want to order from them again, I guess with the assuredness they won't screw it up everytime. They are the cheapest thing out there.

The Burgomaster

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2003, 01:30:51 PM »

Susan:

I just did a little research into my history with Deep Discount DVD.

I started dealing with them on September 18, 2002. Since then, I have placed 37 separate orders ranging in size from 1 DVD to (yikes) 31 DVDs (a $508.00 order!)

Over this time, I have found their service to be excellent.

For new releases of OLDER movies, they generally ship them out on the release date and I get them 5 business days later.

For new releases of NEW movies, they ship them out before the release date, so that you get them the same day that they are available in stores. (My most recent example is MATRIX: RELOADED, which arrived in my mailbox the same day that it hit the shelves in Best Buy & Circuit City).

One thing I REALLY like about them is that they seem to have quite a bit in stock. I used to deal with DVD Express. They had excellent prices and fast shipping a couple of years ago, but they ended up going down the drain. Some new owners took over and they started screwing up orders and delaying just about everything. (I had an order for about 8 or 10 movies that I cancelled after waiting over 2 MONTHS for it). I refuse to do business with them anymore.

Deep Discount is easily the cheapest, and they have given me top-notch service so far.

They advertise free shipping within 5 to 10 business days . . . I live in Massachusetts and I normally get everything in 5 days . . . I have never waited 10 days. If you are anxious to get movies faster, they do offer faster shipping, but they charge you for it. I think they charge an extra $5 for Priority Mail. This is STILL okay, because a lot of their movies are $5 cheaper than in stores!

Anyway . . . that has been my experience . . .

Susan
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2003, 05:49:41 PM »

>>31 DVDs (a $508.00 order!)<<

holy crap! I bet it was fun to see the "what you saved" on that one. Glad to hear you haven't had a few bad experiences with them..it gives me more faith in them even tho their customer service base is really lacking, I guess they hire a few teens who don't really know what they're talking about. I personally never care about how long it takes to get a movie..you can get easily spoiled by amazon tho. But to dallas it took about ;7 days. What I like is that even walmarts cheapy bin doesn't compare to deepdiscount because even if they just match it you're still paying more at walmart after taxes. I think the mere expense of dvd's has been what's deterring me from having  a big collection.

I just pray the dvd never becomes obsolete in my lifetime. Companies are so quick to phase out one thing to replace with another just to remake all that money again.

Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2003, 07:48:13 PM »

Thanks for the info Susan(and the rest O' the regs!). I've never used the site before, but after reading the threads, checked it out and came away w/ Shane, Sahara, The Ipcress File...and another title that I seem to have forgotten the name of! All for under 50 bucks....woohoo....yeah capitalism!!!

Just remembered the missing title...Scaramouche!!! Whew, was afraid I'd ordered Steel Magnolias during one of my "Episodes". Good news for me.

Post Edited (10-26-03 19:00)

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  ATTN All Wal mart Shoppers!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.