Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:53:46 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The future of remakes « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The future of remakes  (Read 4196 times)
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« on: October 18, 2003, 02:02:16 AM »

With the many reamkes of old movies and tv shows being made these days Ive begun to wonder what movies and tv shows might be remade 30 years from now and also what improvements might be made to them.With the heavy use of special effects now days it seems that many movies might be a very daunting task to remake.
So what movies do you think will be remade 30 years from now and how would they be improved or made suck.
I think in 30 years we will see a remake of Blade Runner.It would have a vast improvement to special effects but propbably wont have the same emotional impact.
I could see possible remakes of Willie Wonka and The Chocolate Factory,The Blob,Conan the Barbarian,and maybe Star Wars and Alien.

Smells like popcorn and shame
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2003, 08:17:43 AM »

How about a remake of the series FRIENDS about 30 years from now.

Excuse me . . . I have to go hang myself.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Neon Noodle
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2003, 06:08:33 PM »

WIlly Wonka is going to be remade, word has it Johnny Depp will be starring and Tim Burton will be directing.

In the night, the skull came to his dreams and said, 'You are a fool to rejoice in the entanglements of life.'
Chuang Tzu couldn`t believe this and asked, 'If I could return you to your life, you would want that, wouldn`t you?'
Stunned by Chuang Tzu`s foolishness, the skull replied, 'How do you know that it is bad to be dead?'

-From The Matrix: The Path of Neo
Fearless Freep

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2003, 06:19:21 PM »

How about a remake of the series FRIENDS about 30 years from now.

Anybody really looking forward to "That 90s Show"

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Brock
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2003, 06:41:02 PM »

I sort of miss "That 80's Show".  The show itself was cheesy as all get out, but they had some good talent in the cast.

But I'd give another 10 or 15 years before "That 90's Show".  Just picture it: people in Reebok Pumps doing the Macarena while shopping for Beanie Babies at the mall after catching their 12th viewing of "TItanic"...
Susan
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2003, 06:48:53 PM »

>>The Blob<<

Wasn't the blob already remade? :)

Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2003, 08:13:46 PM »

Susan wrote:

> >>The Blob<<
>
> Wasn't the blob already remade? :)
>

Once is never enough.

Just think about all the Hound of the Baskervilles

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
yaddo42
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2003, 08:56:31 PM »

Actually, if it got remade again, the producers would probably claim they were remaking the 1988 version of "The Blob".
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2003, 09:48:24 PM »

How about THE BLOB OF THE BASKERVILLES.  Sherlock Holmes battles an alien menace!

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2003, 10:03:27 PM »

What is needed for a good remake is the right combination of characters, atmosphere, and dialogue. Actually they shouldn't really bother.

A significant film dosn't need to be remade. Whatever the original film created it was also those elements made it a significant film. Why remake it. A remake can be done only if the film couldn't get anything significant on screen. If a film couldn't capture anthing significant then it wouldn't be significant and hardly anyone would have seen it and nobody would have used the same title of a poorly executed film.

There was be a number of films out there that had great stories and ideas, but were so poorly executed that nobody cared. In this case a film could be remade and put under a different title with a few other changes.

wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2003, 01:15:07 AM »

Well Scott wether or not a movies should be remade is not the point.Movies are always going to be remade by some jackoff director who thinks they can do better

Smells like popcorn and shame
Susan
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2003, 03:33:32 PM »

Post Edited (10-19-03 15:46)
Susan
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2003, 03:33:57 PM »

2004 MOVIE LIST
(let me know if there should be more).

SEQUELS, PREQUELS and RIPOFFS (oh my!)

Barbershop 2
Kill Bill: Volume 2
Agent Cody Banks 2
Scooby Doo 2
Shrek 2
Cats & Dogs 2
Mulan 2
The Ring 2
Spiderman 2
House of 1000 Corpses 2
Princess Diaries 2
Scary Movie 4
Halloween 9
Exorcist: The Beginning
Dirty Dancing: Havannah Nights
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Whole 10 Yards
Oceans 12
Chronicles of riddick
Alien vs predetor (not sure how to classify this)
The Bourne Supremecy
Son of the Mask
The LiongKing 1 1/2 (what the heck is this?)
Fletch Won

REMAKES
Starsky & Hutch (more of a big screen adaptation)
Dawn of the Dead
A Cinderella Story (technically not a remake of a particular movie but when will the cinderall movies END?)
Same with King Arthur
and..Phantom of the Opera

It's a bit harder to initially spot the remakes and in some cases the sequels since Hollywood often changes the title.

Btw in my search I found this hillarious plot for a movie :
GINGERDEAD MEN:Evil yet adorable Gingerbread men come to life with souls of three convicted killers - these real life cookie monsters reak havoc on girl who sent the killers to the electic chair)
GINGERBREED: When disaster strikes on a Martian Research complex, the American and Russian governments, in the midst of the cold war, grudgingly join forces. They quickly assemble a crew of the finest astronauts and cosmonauts, and mount a daring rescue, in which they must fight off killer martian gingerbread men.

Post Edited (10-19-03 15:43)
dean
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2003, 09:33:06 AM »

"these real life cookie monsters reak havoc on girl who sent the killers to the electic chair)"

"in which they must fight off killer martian gingerbread men."

i always knew the little buggers were evil, i just knew it.
ever since i heard the words "you can't catch me i'm the gingerbread man" i always thought that they had some evil reason for running!!

oh god, i can here them now, the pitter patter of tasty snack feet...

BTW i wouldn't be surprised if someone, somewhere down the line tries to pitch the idea of batman the live action tv series, but they try and make it like smallville or something silly like that [though i don't actually mind smallville]

also i can imagine  a remake of minority report somewhere down the line, but the person in charge is probably going to still be speilberg, out to make a quick buck.

oh, and he replaces all the guns with walkie talkies! :-P
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2003, 12:58:56 PM »

Nah-- with all the nostalgia rampant in the 90s, That 90s Show would just be a bunch of people watching That 70s Show.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The future of remakes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.