Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:41:13 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The future of remakes « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The future of remakes  (Read 4185 times)
HK streetfighter Pod
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2003, 11:12:31 AM »

The s**ttiest remake is the american version of "the ring". For crying out loud the original (and by far the best ) japanese version was brillent. Bloody sceary , great directing, just a awsome movie. Until you get some american ass changing it all around, making it into just another horror wannabe. Even the lesser ring0 and ring 2 by them selves are better then the remake. I really pitty the people who like the remake and dont even know its a remake and havnt even seen the Japanese ones.

The biggest let down in the remake is that Sadako,in the original version had this brillient way of moving and walking that  was so fricken sceary and eery. The american version of corse totally screwed that up.

And they totaly missed the meaning of the ring. Its not a physical thing that  you can see(like they did in the remake).

So anyway, i hope the people responsable for the remake die and burn in hell...

HK streetfighter Pod

dan_d_man
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2003, 02:17:55 PM »

Mofo Rising wrote:

> How about THE BLOB OF THE BASKERVILLES.  Sherlock Holmes
> battles an alien menace!

Allready avialable!  Go to your local bookstore for a copy of "Shadow Over Baker Street".  An anthology based on "What if Sherlock Holmes faced off against the Cthuhlu Mythos?"
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2003, 03:17:43 AM »

Hey I kn ow the Ring is a re make of the much slower based and poorly acted Ringu and I like it.

However, I do not think any movie is safe from remake, look at Planet of the Apes, oh boy. Also, I just saw T3, and while a fun experience, it just lacked what the rest of the series had in acting, story, robots, etc. and was just too self parodying, which is the annoying trend of all recent remakes/sequals.

As for Friends, I think that you are mistaken, it is already being re made, Joey is getting his own show with (surprise) guest appearences by former Friends, and the new show taking its time slot is called Coupled about a bunch of white middle class friends sleeping with each other. Wow, how original.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
JackFlack
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2003, 06:28:51 AM »

Um... I think The Ring was a definite improvement over Ringu.  My friends and I had all seen The Ring, we thought it was ok.  Not spectacular, but ok.  Someone got their hands on Ringu, so we decided to watch it, thinking it would be better because it was the original.  

While it wasn't horrible, Ringu was slow and really boring for the most part.  Yeah, and the acting was weak too.  The few creepy parts from The Ring are pretty much non-existant.
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2003, 08:24:20 AM »

Yeah, you know, I liked the remake (The Ring, as opposed to Ringu) better myself.  I sense a case of "it was forign and the original version so it must be better" syndrome.  But, then, that's the vibe I get any time someone tells me Ringu is better than The Ring.

See, in The Ring, the characters actually had to figure things out.  There was a mystery there, and as a part of the audience, I got caught up in that.  There was a mystery in Ringu, too - but instead of figuring things out, the lame Psychic Flashback (c) plot device is used.  This plot device, a staple of Anime and Japanese live-action horror, is merely an excuse for lazy writing - the screenwriter tells us, in essence, the following:  "I can't figure out a real way for these people to figure this out, so I'm just going to hand it all to you through a contived deus-ex-machine style plot device."

Now, was the chick in Ringu scarier than the one in The Ring?  Yes and no.  She did have a cool, spooky movement about her that was, in all honesty, better than the special effect that was the end of the Ring.  But the goofy wall-eyed stare pretty much ruined it for me.  It made the horror of it unearthly and implausible to me (not that anything in either movie was all that plausible, but hey...).  The fact that there was a direct explanation as to why the freaky chick in Ringu was the way she was also did the movie no favors.  In The Ring, there is no true explanation for the evil - it just is evil.  And the little girl in the roll spooked me out with her one or two lines of dialogue a hell of a lot more than the crazy-eyes no-talkie schtick in Ringu.  To be honest, when I saw that eye, I laughed.

In short, to HK streetfighter Pod, you are more than entitled to your opinion.  But please understand that your opinion makes as little sense to me as mine does to you.

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The future of remakes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.