Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:13:39 PM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies where you can see things that shouldn't be there « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Movies where you can see things that shouldn't be there  (Read 4828 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 21, 2003, 12:01:21 PM »

There are many movies in which the camera accidentally picks up things that shouldn't be in the shot. For instance, a scene in a western might have an airplane flying in the distance, or someone in a Biblical epic might be wearing a wristwatch.

Can anyone list movies that have some of these "mistakes" that were captured by the camera?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Fearless Freep

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 12:42:01 PM »

I think "Peral Harbor" is notorious for having a lot of such anachornisms

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
raj

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 12:43:22 PM »

I didn't see it, but supposedly there's a car in the background of the chariot race in Ben Hur.

And of course the wires for the flying saucers show up in various b-movies (Plan 9 e.g.)
Fearless Freep

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2003, 12:45:36 PM »

R2-D2 and C-3P0 show up in the hieroglyphs in the Well Of Souls in "Raiders Of the Lost Ark"; an intentional anachronism

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
kirk
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2003, 01:37:17 PM »

The boom mike is seen in a LOT of scenes in Dolemite.  It has more screen time than most of the actors.

In The Great Outdoors, you can see the animal trainer's stick that is prodding the bear in a few scenes.

In Terminator 2, you can see the power cable for the minigun while Arnie is shooting the police cars.

The textbooks in Dead Poets Society were current editions, not the books that would have been used in the 1950s.

Kirk
Bernie
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2003, 01:49:13 PM »

In the opening scene of Roger Corman's The Gunslinger, the camera pans too early and too far, exposing two stunt men sitting idly on horses; suddenly they spring into action & race around the corner into the center of the shot as if they'd been riding for hours!  A moment immortalized in the MST3K presentation of the film with Joel's line "Cue the horses!"

In Governor Arnold's first movie, Hercules in New York, you can hear car sounds (including very audible horn honks!) in the scenes that supposedly take place on Mt. Olympus.
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2003, 11:57:46 PM »

kirk wrote:

> The boom mike is seen in a LOT of scenes in Dolemite.  It has
> more screen time than most of the actors.

> Kirk

One thing that so many people over the years have forgotten when reviewing a movie and saying things like "the microphone is visible at the top of the screen" is that such a thing was never MEANT to be seen. Such reviews and comments are usually based on a television viewing or a full-frame video viewing. Bear in mind that for many films shot in 1.85:1 MATTED widescreen, the top and bottom of the image would be masked theatrically in the projector, and the mike would NEVER, nor was it MEANT to, be seen.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2003, 12:37:31 AM »

A trampoline is briefly visible during on the shots in DAWN OF THE DEAD, as is some traffic on one of the streets near the mall.  But it's something you probably won't see unless you know about it beforehand.....
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2003, 07:59:29 AM »

There's supposed to be a moving car in the background of the "deserted London" shots at the start of 28 Days Later; I've looked closely but can't say I've seen it.

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2003, 08:14:30 AM »

In the beginning of The Shipping News, it's supposed to be taking place about a decade ago but if you look in the background when Quyole pulls into the gas station there is a brand new shiny Ford Focus across the road.

Glaringly obvious.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2003, 08:46:43 AM »

In the movie THE VALACHI PAPERS, there is a scene with Charles Bronson driving a car. I believe the scene takes place in the 1930s or 1940s. I'm pretty sure that you can see a car in the background that looks like a sporty car from the 1960s or 70s . . . a Ford Mustang or a Dodge Challenger or something.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
dean
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2003, 11:47:45 AM »

isn't gladiator infamous for stuff like this?  i'm sure there's a site out there devoted to all the crap that goes on in that movie [like i think jet trails, wristwatches and tire tracks etc]
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2003, 01:26:22 PM »

In Eegah! there are an awful lot of tire tracks in the remote desert.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2003, 02:05:59 PM »

In Three Men and a Baby you can see some cardbord cut outs of the actors in one of the rooms.This is were the myth about you being able to see the ghost of a little boy in the movie came from.And what is the truth about Wizard of Oz.Is it true that someone killed them selves in the apple orchard and you can see him hanging from a tree or is it just another myth.Ive heard that in the first Star Wars movies you can see things like flying shoes and golfballs when they are going through areas with asteroids.

Smells like popcorn and shame
frannie
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2003, 06:02:47 PM »

don't know about the golfballs or shoes, but when the stormtroopers enter the control room where c3po and r2d2 are hiding one of them runs into the hanging door.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies where you can see things that shouldn't be there « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.