Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:41:54 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies where you can see things that shouldn't be there « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Movies where you can see things that shouldn't be there  (Read 4768 times)
Susan
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2003, 08:00:33 PM »

>>Can anyone list movies that have some of these "mistakes" that were captured by the camera?<<

Pauly shore?

JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2003, 12:13:49 AM »

You can look up goofs for many movies on the Internet Movie DataBase.

>R2-D2 and C-3P0 show up in the hieroglyphs in the Well Of Souls in "Raiders Of
>the Lost Ark";

And when Ford is face to face with the cobra, you can see the snake reflected in the glass partition between them.

>Is it true that someone killed them selves in the apple orchard and you can see
>him hanging from a tree or is it just another myth.

Myth: Wizard of Oz Suicide

Dance of the Dwarves - When the arm reaches out and grabs Deborah Raffin at the end, the guy playing the creature reaches out too far and you see the end of the glove.

Killer Klowns from Outer Space - The guy working the toilet puppet reaches up too far and you can see the guy's arm.

Robocop III - When he gets blasted on the steps of the church, the bottom of one foot comes off revealing the actor's shoe.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2003, 04:41:01 AM »

It's a shame that the new editions correct mistakes like the stormtrooper hitting his head, Luke shouting "Carrie" and things like that.

As for the shoes and golfballs, I've heard similar stories, and would not be surprised if they're true. Those people apparently threw in lots of things where they wouldn't be noticeable. The blockade runner model from the opening scene of Star Wars has a tiny Playboy centrefold and a Star Wars poster hanging on the back wall of the cockpit. It doesn't show up on film, but somebody went to the trouble of doing it, just for laughs.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
HK streetfighter Pod
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2003, 11:20:34 AM »

In the movie " jabberwocky" , when he fights the black knight, you see the back of a truck , taking up half the shot in the background.

FearlessFreep
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2003, 12:37:03 PM »

Dance of the Dwarves - When the arm reaches out and grabs Deborah Raffin at the end, the guy playing the creature reaches out too far and you see the end of the glove.

Similar in "Carnasaur" where a character is being grabbed by a dinosaur and you can see the hand and arm of the off-stage hand pulling the actress' leg (Andrew has a shot of it in his review here)

As for the shoes and golfballs, I've heard similar stories, and would not be surprised if they're true.

In the re-working of "Star Wars", I saw a Klingon ship take off from Mos Eisley; also I'm fairly certain I saw some of Spielberg's "E.T"s in the Senate in "The Phantom Menace"
frannie
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2003, 01:32:24 PM »

i have the special edition tapes in widescreen and the head bump wasn't cut out.  it happens on the side though so i'm pretty sure it would get cut based on changing to full screen aspect ratios.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2003, 02:23:04 PM »

I didn't follow that link, but if memory serves, the "hanging munchkin" in Oz is actually an ostrich that was loose on the set.
To be REALLY geeky for a minute, it's Crow that tells Corman to cue the horses.
And while I'm on MST3K, Cave Dwellers has 4-wheeler tracks in the ancient forest, a caveman is wearing a baby blue shirt and shades, and Ator sees a modern city from his hangglider.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2003, 02:28:50 PM »

FearlessFreep wrote:

> In the re-working of "Star Wars", I saw a Klingon ship take off
> from Mos Eisley; also I'm fairly certain I saw some of
> Spielberg's "E.T"s in the Senate in "The Phantom Menace"

I got a kick out of seeing the pod from 2001: A Space Odyssey sitting in Watto's junkyard.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
wuggles451
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2003, 05:44:20 PM »

In the Lion King there is a scene where Simba colapses in the grass and kicks up all kinds of dust and pollen that clearly spells S-E-X. Which make you wonder if those really are penises on the Little Mermaid vidoe cover.

JohnL

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2003, 09:15:57 PM »

>In the Lion King there is a scene where Simba colapses in the grass and kicks
>up all kinds of dust and pollen that clearly spells S-E-X. Which make you wonder
>if those really are penises on the Little Mermaid vidoe cover.

Snopes has pages on both, as well as others. Their opinion is that the SEX in Lion King was actually supposed to spell SFX (special effects). The penis on the Little Mermaid cover was drawn by a tired artist who didn't notice what it looked like.

Disney Myths
wuggles451
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2003, 11:19:55 PM »

Ah yes snopes i believe also they have an audio clip of donald duck using the "N -word" from Who framed Roger Rabit and aparently on an older video copy a picture of a topless woman can be seen in a window in the background.

JohnL

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2003, 04:04:38 AM »

>Ah yes snopes i believe also they have an audio clip of donald duck using
>the "N -word" from Who framed Roger Rabit

I've listened to that clip and I can't tell exactly what he's saying, but it doesn't sound like what people claim. In fact, most of the time, I can't understand half of what Donald says.

>and aparently on an older video copy a picture of a topless woman can be seen
>in a window in the background.

Yes, a photo of a topless woman is visible in a background window in two frames of the film The Rescuers, on some prints.
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2003, 12:51:07 PM »

Nitpickers.com is Chock Full O' Plenty of nothing but gripes from the obvious to the oh so anal, concerning almost every movie you can think of. Now with 75% more invective!!!

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Jonathan
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2003, 04:22:18 PM »

In the movie "Blacula" from the 1970s, there is a scene in first person perspective where some one is slowly approaching a door, behind which are no doubt scary vampires, and the music builds in tension as he gets closer and closer to the dreaded door, and then you suddenly see a shadow on the door of a guy holding a camera!
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies where you can see things that shouldn't be there « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.