Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:19:44 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  my top 10 movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: my top 10 movies  (Read 5237 times)
philo9
« on: July 27, 2001, 11:41:06 PM »

these are movies from my personal collection(about 40 horror movies)

1.Dawn of the Dead-My alltime favorite movie of any kind.romero is a genius!!one of my fav. scenes is when "flyboy"gets ate by the zobies in the elevator.i could whatch this movie every day!

2.Evil Dead-bruce campbell makes this movie SO much better.the gore in this movi is GREAT!this was my fav. movie till i saw Dawn.

3.Day of the Dead-again Romero is a genius. this movie has more gore than dawn but i think the story is better in dawn.in the begining when they are looking for people in the city is GREAT!

4.Night of the Living dead(original)-this is what caused my lo for zombie movies.when i was little this movie scared the s**t out of me.

5.Evil Dead 2-Bruce Campbell is hilarious in this movie!more of a remake than a sequal is why this was not my fav. Evil Dead.

6.Zombie-i had doubts when i first whatched this because at the time the only other zombie movies i saw were the Dead series but when i was done i was shocked.this movie is almost as good as the dead series.

7.Nightmare on Elm Street series-i love freddy. he is great.my fav.out of the series is 1 but they are all good.

8.Friday the 13th series-these are all great movies.jason is great at killing all the counselors before any one else knows about it.

9,Halloween series(but not 3)-michael myers is cool because he just runs around and hacks people with his knife.

10.blair witch 2-the first time i saw this movie i was SO confused but after i saw it again i understood.this is a great movie because it messed with my head.

NOTE:i couldnt pick just one from #7,#8,or #9 because i like ALL of them

i want to hear your comments about my list.if you agree,disagree, or think im crazy post it.:)
Mofo Rising
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2001, 12:16:33 AM »

I think it's funny that the top five movies on your list all include the word "dead" in the title.  You should check out DEAD ALIVE, DEAD AND BURIED, and maybe CHILDREN SHOULDN'T PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS.

I'm with you on the top five, although I'd put EVIL DEAD 2 over EVIL DEAD.  Chalk it up to insanity.

I burned out on the eighties slasher movies after a while.  I still enjoy NOES: THE DREAM MASTERS, though.  And all the gratuitous nudity in the F13 movies too.

I couldn't disagree with you more on BLAIR WITCH 2.  People arguing for an hour and a half is not my idea of entertainment.  Like a particularly nasty episode of THE REAL WORLD with a twist ending.
StatCat
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2001, 11:42:48 AM »

Heres what my top 10 would feature but not in order (It would be tough for me to decide.)

- Return of the Living Dead
- Day of the Dead
- Zombie
- Let Sleeping Corpses Lie
- Black Christmas (A slasher before all of them it would seem)
- Deep Red
- Tenebre
- Tombs of the Blind Dead
- Basket Case
- Bloody Pit of Horror
Steve.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2001, 11:47:40 AM »

Slasher movies are drivel with one or two exceptions - The Burning (Romero's man, Tom Savini does the gore FX) and Funhouse ain't too rotten. If you liked Zombie, then try and see Fulci's House By The Cemetery. Mofo's right as regards Dead Alive aka Braindead, but get the unrated version - the gore is by the tanker load. Dead & Buried is a little nugget - it has a pre-Freddie Robert Englund in it. The first two Evil Dead's are both excellent.
Scott
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2001, 12:02:20 PM »

My Ten Odd Films.

1. Earth vs the Flying Saucers
2. Plan 9 from Outer Space
3.The Green Slime
4. It Came from Outer Space
5. Lady Frankenstein
6. Motel Hell
7. Dr. Strangelove
8.Godzilla vs Mothra
9. Dracula 1972
10. Farenheit 541
Stupid Jacob
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2001, 12:32:38 PM »

10-Return of the Killer Tomatoes:When I first I hated it. But now, after many repeat viewings, I like even more than the first.

9-American Werewolf In London: The transformation scene blows my mind no matter how many times I watch it.

8-X-Men: A comic book movie that's good? And made for the fans, not middle america? Damn. Freaky.

7-Grosse Point Blank: Nice little flick starring John Cusak as a hitman.

6-Wonder Boys: The best movie of 2000 (even if that's not saying much). I'm glad that kid is playing Spidey in the Spiderman flick.

5-Dawn of the Dead: Romeo is indeed a genius.

4-Dogma:Kevin Smith, I love you.

3- Clerks: See above.

2-Evil Dead 2: Do you really need to ask why?

1-Chasing Amy: My favorite Kevin Smith flick. This great story about love, friendship, and comics  always brings me up if I'm down. Plus, it's got lesbians.
Hero-man and Sidekick-boy
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2001, 04:14:07 PM »

ok
Dogma Good
Clerks my personal favorite
Chasing Amy, I really disliked for a Kevin Smith movie
but where's Mallrats? and if it was me, I'd already have Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back cause u know its gonna rule
Stupid Jacob
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2001, 02:33:50 PM »

Mallrats was ok. But I think it was just too commerical. Don't get me wrong, I love it and all, I just his others more.

Oh and about JASBSB, yes it's going to be amazing. Even if it does have Jason biggs and that Dawson's Creek guy.
Chadzilla
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2001, 05:30:02 PM »

Can't think of ten right now, so here's five in order...

1.  Jaws (1975) - Saw it with when I was eight and it blew me out of the water.
2.  Halloween (1978) - Had the pleasure to see this first run when I was 11, before the sequels ruined what was a nifty little movie.  Scared the hell out of me because it was so pointless and random.  The "Boogeyman" could be ANYwhere (damn you Carpenter and Hill for retroactively putting motivation onto motivationless killer and thus destroying what made the first one so special and unique - end mini rant).
3.  The Brood (1979) - Cronenberg's first really personal movie still gives me the creeps.
4. John Carpenter's The Thing (1982) - Bleak and nasty and sporting some of the greatest monster effects ever captured on film.  Loved the ending as well, so there.
5. Day of the Dead (1985) - Bleak and nasty and sporting some of the greatest make-up effects ever captured on film.  Loved the ending as well, so there.

There are others, but my mood is not introspective right now.
Joshua
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2001, 01:54:47 AM »

It's kind of hard to pick just ten, but here's my list.

1.Castle of Cagliostro
2.Porco Rosso
3.Whispers of the Heart
4.Clerks
5.Revenge of the Nerds
6.Goldfinger
7.The Thing(1982)
8.Star Wars
9.Nausicaa
10.Dawn of the Dead

You can see my top 50 Movie list at http://www.geocities.com/rimx78/Top50.htm'>http://www.geocities.com/rimx78/Top50.htm
Evil Ed
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2001, 08:48:39 PM »

I was with you at the start, Dawn of the Dead is a radical movie, and Evil Dead, what else can be said other than Sam Rami is a wonderful director.  But then you had to ruin it all with The Blair Witch II.  The Blair Witch II has to be one of the all time worst sequels ever made, thats right, its even worse than A Nightmare On Elm Street 2 which was awful.  It was a complete mess with no direction at all.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  my top 10 movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.