Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:08:07 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I Love the 80's Strikes Back « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I Love the 80's Strikes Back  (Read 2886 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: October 25, 2003, 11:22:18 AM »

VH1 has been running this series of shows this week.  The amusing thing, that Katie called on me to see, was that a section of each show highlights some of the weird movies.  Last night they were talking about "Howard the Duck" and "Soul Man."  Pretty funny, if you ask me.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
wuggles451
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2003, 11:43:45 AM »

I love this show and was actually gonna start my own thread but you beat me to it. The pop culture references in this one are way more obscure than the first I love the 80's.

lester1/2jr
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2003, 01:35:08 PM »

I watched all of them.  Yeah it was great to see tj hooker, glo worm, etc.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2003, 11:47:54 PM »

I caught some of it the other day. I liked the comments by the guess. They even had Chris Jerico from WWE talking about the 80's.

My early 80's favorites were Geogia Championship Wrestling, Conan the Barbarian, Billy Idol, and Van Halen . I even liked the Go-Go's and the Bangles. Kiss broke up, but they were the 70's thing, and in the 90's I discoverd the B-52's and learned to appreciate U2.

From 85 to 89 I didn't even watch TV nor see any movies. I studied the Bible and drove a taxi every waking hour for 4 years.

jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2003, 12:56:59 AM »

KISS didn't really break up, they just unmasked.....remember LICK IT UP and ANIMALIZE?  Or maybe they went on hiatus later in the 80s...I don't remember.  I got out of the regular metal stuff in the mid eighties and was more into punk and death metal.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2003, 03:11:16 AM »

I was born in 83, so most of this series flies over muy head (cant wait for the 90s edition), but my favorite segment by far was He Man.... "I have the POWER"

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2003, 01:45:12 PM »

I really liked the one about the 70's. My only problem with these shows is that  they have commentatry by people  who weren't even alive at the time.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Scott

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2003, 10:29:46 PM »

Yea, I remember LICK IT UP. Good video also. They go down the street beating people up. Yea they came together after the single albums (never really broke up), but the intrest was lost for me without the make-up. Didn't one off them leave the band and then another soon after the single albums.

I also remember my disappointment with the KISS movie. Man that was bad and I might even say boring.

Remember the KISS ARMY? My brother joined the army and had all of their records which I listened to for years.

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2003, 10:42:12 PM »

I think it was Bruce Kulick who left the band...not 100% sure on that though.  He was recently an innocent bystander who was shot.  He was only slightly injured though...he lived.

Eric Carr was also the drummer but I believe he died of cancer shortly after their unmasking.

I have been to numerous concerts and I can say without a doubt that Kiss was the best!

I saw them on their Psycho Circus tour with all 4 original members in makeup.

Scott

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2003, 11:13:07 PM »

Wow. I would love to have seen KISS, Ozzy Osborne, Van Halen, AC/DC, and Billy Idol live, but I really don't like those big crowds. My brother went to a live KISS concert a couple years ago and must have been a great moment for him.

I almost got a job working for Brokum Corp. who does most of all the concert merchandise for most of the big shows. I delivered tee-shirts to Philadelphia and Washington D.C. for the screen printer for two years. Seen some live shows and the road crew tried to hire me for $1100 a week to help them with Tee-Shirt sales touring  the country, but I was like 20 years old and thought they wanted someone responsible on their tour, so when I went to the interview and told them stuff like I don't drink or do drugs they said "We can't use you then". That was the last I heard from them. :) True story. I just wanted to travel the country.

Brian Ringler
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2003, 06:47:45 AM »

I saw the one where they talked about Garbage Pail Kids and that just got me itching to get myself another GPK tattoo (I got Dying Dinah on the left arm and Adam Bomb on the right) and also made me want to hunt down a copy of the movie since I haven't seen it in a few years.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2003, 08:49:45 AM »

My wife and I are also obsessed with this show, being as we are both children of the 80s.

My favorite segments are the "Deja Video" parts.  Watching Don Johnson doing a music video after all these years....and it's still hilarious.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
lester1/2jr
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2003, 10:18:09 PM »

They need to have fruit pie the magician
Jim H
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2003, 03:52:05 AM »

Watched most of it, missed 1980 and 89, but I loved it.  I'd buy both if they came to DVD, I think.  When they started to get to 1986, I was shocked to see stuff I remember - being born in 83 and all, it's weird seeing stuff you actually recognize that you first saw at age 3...  Like I had a hypercolor shirt.  That was cool while it worked.  The 80s was a fantastic decade, so outrageously over the top (more so then the 60s, 70s and especially the 90s, IMO).

Of course, I have a sister five years older then me, so a lot of stuff I still experienced a few years after the fact.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I Love the 80's Strikes Back « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.