Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:30:30 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  scary nudity « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: scary nudity  (Read 12328 times)
Alexandre
« on: October 25, 2003, 04:06:58 PM »

Nice site...
But could could you tell me what scares you about women breast? I mean, you don't mind showing exploding heads and by the mean time you censore nudity. This is something I don't get with you americans.

-=NiGHTS=-
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2003, 05:04:14 PM »

Hey.   Horiffic, deplorable violence is OK as long as you don't say any naughty words.

..Or show boobs.
Dumbass
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2003, 06:39:28 PM »

Is this on a website or something?
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2003, 03:15:29 AM »

While I respect Andrew's desire to keep the nudity down so the site stays "PG-13", I agree with Alexandre.  Why the hell are Americans so damn scared of breasts?  I blame it on our country being started by a bunch of stuffy whiny puritans who were kicked out of Europe for deciding fun was a sin.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
JohnL

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2003, 05:25:54 AM »

I think it sucks as well. The SciFi channel will even censor thong scenes here, but they include outright nudity in the European versions of their shows.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2003, 10:07:35 AM »

Believe me, I am not afraid of breasts.  Well, except for a giant boob that shoots half & half.

There are a number of reasons that I do not have nudity on the site:
* It allows me to use (amusing to me) censorship boxes at times.
* I often hope that the deliberate blocking of the nudity will increase a reader's interest in renting or buying the film, so that they can see what I am talking about.
* Other Marines never have to be worried about visiting the site, since the Corps frowns on anyone who has a picture of a naked woman on their screen.
* It is not my thing, really.

Why worry about it?  It is a free world.  If I decide not to do this or that, so long as it does not infringe on your rights, all is fair.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Susan
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2003, 01:11:32 PM »

>>Believe me, I am not afraid of breasts.<<<

When I saw the topic for this thread I was going to nominate the old woman in the hotel room in "The Shining". But alas, wrong topic of discussion going on here..lol

onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2003, 02:19:56 PM »

My nominee would have been Kirk Douglas in Saturn3, with William Shatner in Big Bad Momma a very close second.  However, in light of this thread's true nature, I withdraw . . . . . . . . . . .

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
Flangepart

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2003, 03:26:00 PM »

Topic title made me think of the hot tub scene in " About Schmidt"...and i only READ about that!
Yeesh! Make me wanna scream like a girl, and flee into the night....

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Fearless Freep

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2003, 02:04:22 AM »

Topic made me think of a scene from "Replikator"

Andrew's right though.  Some people could get in trouble if they surfed to this site from their work locations

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2003, 09:48:20 AM »

Yeah.  And I was going to bring up Bangers, with legendary stripper Kit Natividad showing it all on stage -- almost at age sixty.

(My eyes!  My eyes!)

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2003, 09:51:14 AM »

The Covenant Productions FilterPak blocks badmovies.org for nudity.

They only started doing it a few weeks agol I can only assume they react poorly to the cap from Mark of the Astro Zombies on the front page.

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
dean
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2003, 11:59:14 AM »

"When I saw the topic for this thread I was going to nominate the old woman in the hotel room in "The Shining". But alas, wrong topic of discussion going on here..lol"

dammit susan, you have got me thinking of the shining, and now i'm going to have to poke my eyes out with hot slivers of metal, just to try and get the image out of my head!!!

:-P
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2003, 12:07:59 PM »

You know, it bug me  whenever anyone says "you americans."

Not to get off on a rant, but I don't think that a single website - or two, or a thousand - is (are) enough to pass judgement on what makes citizens of the United States who they are.  

We aren't prudish.  One look at what comes out of Hollywood these days should tell you that.  

SO, there, Alexandre, I have a question for you.  Why do all you people in your country of origin obsess over wether or not Americans show breasts on television or on their web sites?  Why does it matter weather there are breasts on the site or not?  I guess it must be something everyone from your country must be obsessed with, just like all Americans find nudity scary.

=AHEM= All blanket statements are bad.

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
raj

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2003, 07:56:06 PM »

I saw a movie in college that had a four hundred pound naked lesbian. That's something I don't think I'll ever get over.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  scary nudity « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.