Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:30:55 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The most Cliche topics on this forum « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The most Cliche topics on this forum  (Read 1992 times)
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« on: October 27, 2003, 01:08:14 AM »

Excuse me for sounding like a dick, but often the exact same topics are posted over and over again on this forum.Examples are what is the scariest movies, what movies should or should not have sequals, what are the best/worst actors/actresses,etc.I suppose I don't have a problem with topics being posted over,lets people express there opinions, but it does seem like there is a lack of new and interesting topics.

Smells like popcorn and shame
-=NiGHTS=-
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 01:56:57 AM »

Yeah, god.  And those topics that Andrew always posts about movies that he's watched, with the reviews and everything?  Pff.  What the hell does he think this forum is FOR, anyway?  Movies?!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 01:21:11 PM »

I agree. I posted a thread a few weeks ago about "lack of participation" in this forum. I mentioned that there were quite a few interesting (and often hilarious) threads a few months ago, but we seem to be in a rut now and people (including me) aren't contributing as many new and refreshing topics. Have we run out of ideas???? Say it isn't so!!!!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flangepart

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2003, 01:45:56 PM »

Okey, it isen't so......
Seriously.....

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2003, 06:39:53 PM »

at one point i counted no less than 8 OT posts...some by the same people. i've done OTs before and i read them  and often respond but if you've got more than 3 at a time, get a blog.

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Susan
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2003, 08:10:51 PM »

I have no problem with same topics rediscussed...because every participant in the thread won't necessarily be the same, nor the direction of the conversation. Someone could bring up a movie long forgotten and then you're off to the races on an interesting topic of discussion.

Should we start titling our threads "The scariest movies: The Remake" or "My favorite sci-fi's: The Part II"? ;-)

kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2003, 02:04:27 AM »

....as I've seen on SO many other internet boards.....is no one ever seems to use or know HOW to use the "Search" to find an existing topic. They just start another one.

Go figure....

What people don't realize is this phorum script Andrew and others use will automatically bring an older thread back to the top of the board when a new reply is posted.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
JohnL

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2003, 06:54:47 PM »

>....as I've seen on SO many other internet boards.....is no one ever seems to use
>or know HOW to use the "Search" to find an existing topic. They just start another
>one.

I've done that once or twice. Mostly, I think people start a new thread to get a fresh start without having all the old discussion coming back as well. Also many topics change after a few days and end up being about something completely different.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2003, 03:10:32 PM »

Yeah, by the time a thread has about 30 posts, some diverging wildly from the topic, how many people are going to want to go through it all just to add something, especially if nobody's touched the thread for months. Better to start fresh.

The way I see it, there are new people joining the board all the time, and to them, these old, clicheed topics are something new they want to discuss. Those of us who have been hanging around for years just need to cut them some slack. Not all of them have as many bad movies under their belts as we do. Yes, I get tired of "the worst movie of all time" and the other topics that naturally keep coming back. This is mainly because they are almost impossible for me to answer. I don't really believe in an absolute worst or best or scariest movie. To me, the question really asks us to name some bad movies, which is a really dumb question on a site such as this.

I generally just skip over them, and don't give them a second thought. The people who want to discuss these questions are welcome to do so. I've said it on other boards — these posts aren't displacing anything. There's still plenty of room for stuff that is fresh and interesting. It's not the fault of these posters than none of us seem to be able to come up with it.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The most Cliche topics on this forum « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.