Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:59:36 PM
713371 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  MTV Programing « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MTV Programing  (Read 8217 times)
Scott
« on: March 04, 2001, 11:04:25 AM »

MTV has actually come out with some interesting programming over the past couple years. Let me list a few.

Tom Green Show
Celebrity Death Match
Space Puppet Show (whats the name of it?)
Fear (the show where a group of people must stay in a haunted buildings overnight for cash)
TRL (pop stars appear)
Say What Karaoke
Real World (I could never get into this show, but I think it has some popularity. I do like SURVIVOR though)
Sunday Night Heat (they picked up wwf wrestling recently)

Did I miss anything with MTV? I like how VH1 is showing some rock star movies now and then like ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW.
StatCat
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2001, 10:52:03 AM »

I would add on Jackass which is pretty funny most of the time. I couldn't believe some of things the idiots on the show put themselves through. Last night one guy got his ass cheeks pierced together lmao. I can't stand MTV because of most of their shows (real world, TRL, Making the video etc.) Bad rap and teen music is not my thing. so thats pretty much the ony show I would actually watch currently.  

Does anyone remember an MTV show with sock Puppets called "Sifl and Olly"? They got rid of it but it was one of my favorite shows when it was on.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2001, 02:23:04 PM »

I just wish somebody would rerun "The State".  That show was frickin' hilarious.  I bought the tape of it on Amazon, but they only have like an hours worth of stuff.  Just enough to remind you of all the really funny stuff that isn't on it.

"Ring ring.  Hello, cheese?  No!  Cheese can't dial a phone!"

"Awww, yeah.  That is $240 worth of puddin'."

"What's this blue meat?"
"Do you like it?  It's muppet."
StatCat
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2001, 05:59:45 PM »

I remember that show very vaguely. Is that the one that featured the lady attacking snuggles the bear in one episode? I'm 75 percent sure it is.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2001, 07:09:51 PM »

Yup, that's it.  In fact it's the opening skit on the tape.
Squishy
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2001, 04:35:34 AM »

I loved "Sifl & Olly" and Chester and the Orgasm. ROCK! What the hell is wrong with MTV that it just riffs through good shows, arbitrarily keeping some on life-support until they find an audience, shuffling others around again and again until they die?

Also missed: MTV animation programming, like "Liquid Television" and its various spinoffs (one show--"Cartoon Sushi," I think it was called--used "sound-altered" anime parodies, then there was the showcase program that gave us "The Maxx" and "The Head."). If MTV isn't going to run 'em anymore, can they at least sell 'em to Cartoon Network or release them all to video? Toons far less missed: "Downtown," "The Brothers Grunt" and "My So-Called Life, The Endlessly Whiny Self-Absorbed Yet Judgmental Animated Series" (AKA "Daria").
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  MTV Programing « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.