Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 11:51:04 PM
714145 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Lucio Fulci: Some new releases are coming out « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lucio Fulci: Some new releases are coming out  (Read 1947 times)
Chris K.
« on: July 29, 2001, 10:09:40 PM »

Just recently read that Image Entertainment is going to release two Lucio Fulci films on both VHS and DVD which are ANEGMIA (1989) and A CAT IN THE BRAIN (1990). But I am disappointed that A CAT IN THE BRAIN will not be in English dubbed format. Though I love watching films in original language with English subtitles, I rather watch them in their original English versions if they were released in that format. And I rather have Anchor Bay release the Lucio Fulci films rather than Image. Oh well.

On a side note for Fulci fans, DEMONIA (1988) was just released on DVD and VHS and I was wondering if anybody has ever seen it?

I am really dying to see the film THE MURDER SECRET (1989) that was supevised by Fulci himself. In fact, he used a scene in which a childs head gets cut off with a chainsaw in his film A CAT IN THE BRAIN! I am also interested in seeing his made-for-TV films (which ended up being released theatrically due to being to violent for television) HOUSE OF CLOCKS and SWEET HOUSE OF HORRORS (both 1989). I just wish that they would be relased in video soon becasue I don't want to resort to buying the Japanese import videos that are in English but with annoying Japanese subtitles on the bottom!
StatCat
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2001, 08:32:15 PM »

Whats wrong with Image? In my opinion they are just as good as anchor bay or sometimes even better with their dvds. I'm not really into Fulci, only a few of the zombie movies he made (zombie, zombi 3 sort of by Fulci I guess, beyond, gates of hell, house by the cemetery (thought it was ok.))
PoorLogic
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2001, 12:43:04 AM »

I heard that "A Touch Of Death" (my favorite Fulci film) is going to be released by Synapse on DVD - no date set...which for Synapse could mean never.

Still, it's a great dark comedy about a gambling loser playboy who dates ugly old women to get thier money and kills them off by chopping them up and feeding them to his pet pigs..what a plot!

Don't forget "The Smuggler" the ultra violent mafia filck released by Italian Shock Video (Pal format - region 2).
Guitarwolf
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2001, 12:46:15 AM »

What's wrong with Image? There movies are cut to shreds. Of course there Female Vampire disc was going to be cut. But Ms. 45, Dreamscape and a few others have had scenes missing. The weirdest one being Dreamscape. That movie was PG-13. I might understand if it was a hard R. I wouldn't be forgiving, but I would understand as I have with Female Vampire(Franco's Bare Breasted Countess).
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Lucio Fulci: Some new releases are coming out « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.