Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:44:06 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sort of off the topic on badmovies, but I was just wondering... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sort of off the topic on badmovies, but I was just wondering...  (Read 2024 times)
Chris K.
« on: July 29, 2001, 10:35:16 PM »

I was just wondering if any of you guys ever put up with an annoying person (and if you say "Chris K.", I mean some annoying classmate that you just couldn't put up with in school). I bring this up because I have a nice little story for you.

The school I go to is Joliet Catholic Academy (and no, I am not a "religious finatic" because if I was I would not be reminising about badmovies and watching gory films from Lucio Fulci or Dario Argento). And let me just say that the people I go to school with are the same type of people who go to regular schools and are not "goody-twoshoes". Anyway, their was this student that NOBODY likes. He goes by the name of Benny and he is African American. Now the thing about this kid is that he would always insult somebody for no good reason (lets face it, this kid NEVER HAS A GOOD REASON) and he ends up getting his stupid ass kicked! And I am one of those individuals who kicked his ass as well. Hey, I am a peaceful guy and I am nice to everybody. But when some fat, chinless, bald headed freak with a huge ass neckroll on the back of his head starts crap with me for no reason, then I KICK SOME ASS!

Benny is the perfect example of a character who fits the description of the word "jerkoff"- he is rude, he acts like he is better than anybody else, he tries to hit people, etc. In fact, he just doesn't get it when somebody tells this guy to F**k off.

Another problem with this kid is that he thinks everybody is against him because he is black! For example, his history teacher never liked Benny due to his dumb attitude. One day, Benny said outloud that his teacher hates him because he is black. This is not true for the teacher is a friend of a student named Brensley whi IS BLACK! Like with Reverend Jessie Jackson, Benny does not know the meaning of the word "racisim".

But try to imagine sitting in a small room with this kid and would you be able to stand it? I don't think so. In fact our Marine webmaster Andrew probably wouldn't even last five minutes with Benny. Andrew would be beating Benny up after the first two minutes roll by!

But have you ever put up with annoying people like this when you were in school? If you have not, then what do you think of Benny after the description I gave you. I welcome all comments.
FaerieOfDeath
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2001, 12:52:08 AM »

I don't know this Benny person, but I have known people like him.  Now I will start on a few paragraphs of attempting to sound intelligent.

Its possible that he's insecure and afraid that if he was really nice and polite to people, they wouldn't like him anyway, so he's a dickhead and gives people a reason to not like him.  But then he realises, consciously or unconsciously, that its still his own fault that people don't like him, so he uses the race excuse to make it everyone's fault except his.  A lot of people like to be righteously angry, or at least think they are.  

Or its possible that he is so desperately starved for attention that he likes to encourage people to kick his ass because an ass-kicking is at least some form of attention.  Adding the race thing to that creates controversy, and being the center of a controversy is definitely attention.

And I really don't know what to do about it, if he was still in elementary school or something there might be hope, but he's already in high school, cookies and extra hugs to raise his self-esteem might not be as effective.  If you're feeling really strong, try to have an at least 5 minute conversation with the poor bastard about something neutral, ignoring any stupid comments on his part.  But if you're not, which I probably wouldn't be, either, just stay the hell away from him.

Yes, I have known many many people like him before.  One of the most memorable was a short, grimy kid in my 8th grade history class with a habit of standing on his desk and screaming wrestling slogans for no apparent reason.  The one I had to put up with the most was a guy named Scott (no relation to our bad movie Scott, at least I hope not) who sat next to me in art class last year.  He didn't threaten people or insult them, he just did every annoying thing he could think of to get somebody to acknowledge his presence.   Every anecdote somebody had had to be followed by a similar, better one of his, usually obviously a lie.  One of his favorite things to do was to pick the most expensive medium he could find, scribble a half-assed attempt at a drawing, then say "I suck at art" and throw it away.  Poor deluded Scott. . .

Steve.
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2001, 01:22:36 PM »

The best thing you can do Chris, is to make him read James Ellroy's "My Dark Places" - Ellroy WAS exactly like you describe Benny - he should recognise himself and try and do something about it. FOD explains it best - "he just did every annoying thing he could think of to get somebody to acknowledge his presence" - Ellroy spouted Nazi bulls**t to jews and blacks, merely for ANY attention, because any attention was better than none. That will be $25, please.
peter johnson
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2001, 07:29:24 PM »

My take on Benny is that he's mentally ill and in need of medication.  Misplaced inappropriate anger arising out of nowhere is a symptom of Panic Disorder.  It can be treated successfully with SSRI (Selective Seratonin Reuptake Inhibitors) such as Paxil.
Perhaps you could suggest this to a school counselor & see if you can't get this guy some help.
Cloudio
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2001, 08:06:52 AM »

And if none of that works...just kick his ass harder!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sort of off the topic on badmovies, but I was just wondering... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.