Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:31:01 AM
714231 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Alien Remix « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alien Remix  (Read 1767 times)
Susan
« on: October 28, 2003, 11:53:14 PM »

Anyone going to see Alien, The Director's Cut this week? It'll be showing here but I will be out of town and I have no idea how long the theaters will show it for, but I was really hoping it would stay in one near me long enough for me to get to see it one evening. A visitor on my site sent an email asking the showtimes in Texas, apparently she is in Lubbock and couldn't find a theater anywhere near her which would be playing it so she's willing to drive several hours to see it. That's dedication. ;-)  

Personally I enjoy the rare opportunities that here an older movie gets a re-release because often the "big screen" experience is one to be had.

Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2003, 02:23:16 AM »

I hope to.  I've never seen Alien in as theater, and that alone would make it worth while.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2003, 04:54:04 AM »

I hope to see it as well.  Hey, Cullen, since we're brothers, maybe we could both go...

Woops!  I forgot!  I HAVE NO BROTHER.

j/k

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2003, 09:48:59 AM »

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  You'll say anything to get attention, won't you?  Mom always did like you best; she gave you a wagon, a dog, a working Death Star...  And it wasn't even your birthday

And what did I get?  A rock.

(best damn day of my life, too.)

Cullen - who appologizes for this "family feud."

Post Edited (10-29-03 09:13)

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2003, 10:16:44 AM »

i'll be going if it's still here on the weekend, which i'm sure it will be. the theater here has really been playing the trailers for it. and with all the tv spots, it should be around for at least a week.

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2003, 02:46:07 PM »

I may go to see it . . . I haven't decided yet.

I find it interesting that not only were some scenes ADDED, but some other parts were actually TRIMMED to quicken the pace of the movie.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Susan
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2003, 07:52:27 PM »

Well what's the fun of re-releasing the same old movie in the theater, they feel they have to spice it up with new stuff and deleted stuff. Reminds me of when I went to see the "Exoricst" re-release. I remember a scene where they discussed how her problem with violence would be solved with ritalin..which I found quite ironic..lol

I checked the local theaters here showing it and it looks like each day next week a theater drops off the list of those showing it so I'm afriad it's one of those flash in the pan releases that won't be out but for a blink of an eye. I hope not, they could make alot of money if they kept it out for a few weekends..there are actually alot of people who never go the first 2 weekends of a movie's release because they don't like the big crowds.

I want to see it - although I almost feel that diner scene in Spaceballs where the Alien rips out and then starts doing a top hat and cane song has forever tarnished it for me...lol

Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2003, 03:49:15 AM »

Hell yeah I'm going to see it.  Since it's being released in a ridiculously small number of theaters I'm making a two and a half hour road trip on Friday to see it, but I'll be there.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Susan
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2003, 08:27:18 PM »

Well if i don't get around to it in the near future i'd love to hear opinions by anyone who see's it as far as how the director's cut differs

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Alien Remix « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.