Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:01:58 AM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  If You Had A Real Lightsaber « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: If You Had A Real Lightsaber  (Read 13154 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: October 30, 2003, 03:00:25 AM »

I see them wield the lightsaber on Star Wars and wonder to myself.....

What would I do with a real one if I had it?

I would be careful as hell!  I wouldn't want to lose an arm or my head!  Imagine how many of us messed around with nunchaku and hit ourselves in the back of the head by accident.  OUCH!!  I know I did.  It hurt like a sonofab***h.
I wouldn't want to make that same mistake with a lightsaber!. No sir.

Yes.....I do imagine myself taking it out and chopping things to holy hell with it.  Especially hard or metal objects.  I can venture to say that I would cut nearly every substance I could find.  That includes sneaking into a junkyard and slicing an entire car in half.  OH YEAH!!  That would be fun!

Not just hard slashes either...I would put it to an object very slowly and watch the cutting process.
I can imagine being drunk with friends and seeing who could put it the closest to their skin before pulling away!  (No...I really wouldn't participate in that kind of thing...but I would hand over the saber and take bets on who would win!)  
Hehe!

I think I'd prefer a blue one.  What color would you go for?

If any of you remember my critter destruction post  then you'd know that I'd definitely be up to no good.
All insects and other creatures too slow to get away from me beware.
I'd touch the tip of it to them to show them real pain.
They thought the magnifying glass was bad!!
HOHO!

I think that if I had a real one...I would mount on the wall and show it off.
I'm sure I'd get tons of offers to sell it (assuming it's the only one in existence).
I could sell it for millions!  If it were constantly shown off...the powers that be would eventually hear about it and want it.  Maybe even try to take it from me.

Would you sell it?  If so, for how much?  What would be your minimum asking price?

What would you do if you had a REAL lightsaber?

Post Edited (05-15-05 02:00)
Neville

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2003, 10:34:22 AM »

... I would accidentally destroy my left hand (and a clothe) while trying to clean the "blade".

... it would become my favourite tool to cook meat. Fzzwww... fzwwww... you asked for an overcooked beef steak, didn't you?

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
daveblackeye15
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2003, 11:10:49 AM »

I want a green lightsaber, like Luke's from Return of the Jedi. I'd use it for self defense. If some guy was trying to mug me, I'd slice his balls off or slice off the top of his head. I wouldn't get in trouble because it was self defense.

-the first rule of fat club-
FearlessFreep
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2003, 11:12:34 AM »

I'd like a red and white stripped one like a candy-cane
Flangepart

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2003, 11:31:36 AM »

Call me a purist, but i'd like the blue white blade of Luke's first film sabre.
Oh, yeah. Reminds me of Aroganie's Star wars bit in Mad Magazine.
Lightsabres make good :
Bugzappers.
Bread slicers.
Lights for finding keys in a dark room.
 And, yes, i'd do the car sliceing trick too. Impress the ladies!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
FearlessFreep
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2003, 11:57:13 AM »

Impress the ladies!

There's a "Schwartz" joke in here I'm avoiding...
George
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2003, 03:09:26 PM »

I would want a pink one so it looks like a huge, light beam dork.  I would take it with me to bars, in any states except California and New York, and light the ladies cigarettes for them.  Then I'd be all "hey lovely lady, like to see something a little more bulky?" and then the games would begin.

I might even pick a bar fight just so I could hold it up to some loser's crotch and turn it on....hehe.

I don't think there would be any way I would sell it.  I would, however, try to take it apart and see how it worked so I could make more.  I would then sell the copies  but they would only work for about a week and then fail.....SUCKERS!!

The one thing that always bothered me about the light saber---when anyone handles one, it appears as though the shaft of light, or blade, has mass.  I mean, look at Anakin and Obi-Wan when they spin theirs like a baton.  Would it be possible for light to have mass??

Anyway, it would totally rock to have one.  Think I'll get on that right now.
dean
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2003, 11:41:23 PM »

if you ever put mass produced lightsabers out on the market, i can imagine that darwin's theory of evolution would definitely fit here: the unfit genes would eliminate themselves.  that said, i'd be the first to lop an arm or two off [yes, i wouldn't have learnt my lesson the first time, i'd still go back for more!]

i'd probably want a purple one like sammy jackson, that thing screamed 'bad mother' whilst he was whipping it around.

hehe, that would be so cool!
Ellie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2003, 01:27:08 AM »

Mine would be a "Mood" saber. Remember those mood rings? If I am angry it would be red if I am happy..pink. And so on...
Ash

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2003, 01:32:41 AM »

I took this explanation from Jediarchives.com

"This is how a lightsaber works:
The power travels from the power cells, through a positively charged energy lens at the center of the handle. That beam arcs back to a negatively charged high energy flux aperture. And a superconductor transfers the power back from the flux aperture to the power cell, this way the saber only uses power when its blade cuts through something. Only then it radiates heat too.
The power cells from a lightsaber can last up to 1000 years

Inside the handle, the power goes from the power cells through an energy gate, into the primary crystal (the biggest). The laserbeam created there is focused in the focusing crystal. Beyond that are the cycling field energizers and the energy modulation circuits, that create the final blade. The end of the handle is a magnetic stabilizing ring.

Some Jedi are known to put more crystals in their sabers. They can alter the distance between two crystals inside and thus change the length of the blade.
In rare cases Jedi make even more radical changes in their design. The Sith Lord Exar Kun was probably the first person to build himself a double bladed lightsaber. Later his example was followed by Darth Maul. In the ranks of the Jedi Order this kind of saber was only built for educational and training purposes.

Sith lightsabers:
Red crystals are actually not that suitable for the use in lightsabers. They are less stable than their blue and green counterparts used by the Jedi. However, red crystals glow in harmonic vibration when energized by the Dark Side of the Force. When energized in this way, the crystals can produce a stronger blade that has the rare potential to "break the blade" of Jedi lightsabers. They overload the energy matrix, immediately burning out the saber of the opponent.
This rarely happens, but is a frightening possibility in combat."

Cool huh?

Ash

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2003, 01:40:22 AM »

A smart warrior always has a backup weapon if his primary one fails or is destroyed.

I always wondered why the Jedi didn't have a backup lightdagger.
They could be like Steven Segal & Tommy Lee Jones in 'Under Siege".

I think that such a fight between a Sith Lord & a Jedi would actually be pretty cool to watch!

It would also be funny though to see a Jedi deflecting blaster bolts with a lightdagger!
Or would it be called a lightknife or lightstiletto?

What do you think?

Post Edited (10-31-03 00:42)
Fearless Freep

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2003, 12:39:25 PM »

The Sith Lord Exar Kun was probably the first person to build himself a double bladed lightsaber

What little I've read of the subject, this is an amazingly cool looking but very bad fighting design

For the most part that, I'm always sorta amused when people go through the trouble of working out and explaining how futuristic, alien technology works

Post Edited (10-31-03 11:40)

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
akiratubo

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2003, 09:21:35 PM »

I would probably have cut myself in half by now.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
JohnL

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2003, 03:26:14 AM »

>Lights for finding keys in a dark room.

Funny, you mention this. When I played the demo for Jedi Knight, I mostly used the lightsabre for light in areas that didn't need to completely lit up. Saved on the lamp batteries. :)

>I always wondered why the Jedi didn't have a backup lightdagger.

If I remember correctly, one of the Star Wars novels said that the blade was adjustable so that it could be used as a knife.

I'm curious, have you seen the high-quality lightsabre reproductions that one company is selling? The hilt is an exact reproduction of the ones in the movies (I think they have a couple styles available), plus it has a removable blade that lights up in your choice of colors. The electronics in the lightsabre are also linked to an external sound controller, so that as you swing it around, it makes authentic lightsabre noises.
Justin
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2005, 02:18:45 PM »

Eek don't go from that site, its expensive and not even authentic.  Use masterreplicas.com for your lightsabers. :) They offer non-functional hilts, and functional replicas with power up, power down, motion censors, etc.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  If You Had A Real Lightsaber « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.