Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:18:24 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Adventures with Kill Bill « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Adventures with Kill Bill  (Read 2764 times)
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« on: November 04, 2003, 05:41:39 AM »

Ok I went to see Kill Bill on friday, it was a great movie, but there was one problem, my parents wanted to see it too.Now my parents are very conservitave, religous people, which made me wonder why the hell would they want to see the most violent, bloody action movie ever made.Apparently my mother after briefly looking through a review and seeing that it was given three and a half stars thought not only would it be a good movie, but it would be a good horror movie.Yep thats right my mother thought Kill Bill was a horror movie, hence wanting to see it on Halloween.
So me, my mom,my dad and my bro got in the van and went off to go see the movie.During the ride there I tried to explain to them what they were about to see.They just laughed and said it can't be that bad.Well we arrived 20 min late, so I wasn't able to see the beginning, and as we were walking into the theater the first thing we heard was the Bride and Copperhead Swearing at each other in the kitchen.Now I have no problem with swearing.I swear like a sailor but the rest of my family tends to get pretty offended by it.After hearing all the swearing my parents left and seeing as how I had come with them I would end up having to go also.Well f**k that I thought, this was the greatest action movie ever made and I wanted to f**king see it.So the first thing I had to do was  try and not to get my parents to go back to the ticket counter and get a refund.Fortunatly they were unable to give a refund and my family would have to be forced to see this movie.
So back in the movie theater we were and it was now the scene were the cops were surveying the massacre.The first thing my mother said is "this is a sick movie.They shot a pregnant women". Well after that my parents and my brother pretty much sat in disgust as they watched the incredibly vulgar and bloody fight scenes.I on the other hand had moved away from my family and was sitting in the top row of the theater.I was loving this movie, it was just f**king great.At about the time of the fight scene between the bride and the Crazy 88, I saw my parents get up and leave.I didn't go with them though, but after about 10 min they came back looking for me.I tried to stay low and move from seat to seat so they wouldn't see me.Finally after about 15 min of surching my dad yelled out "NICK WE HAVE TO GO".So I got up and said "LIKE HELL".After that the usuers got involved, and kicked us out.Needless to say I never got to see the end of the movie, but from what I saw I can say it was one of the greatest action movies I've ever seen.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2003, 08:15:45 AM »

What a bummer Nick........................

I wonder how this film compares to the action in MATRIX: RELOADED? Which film has the best action sequences?

dean
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2003, 08:54:37 AM »

>I wonder how this film compares to the action in MATRIX: RELOADED? Which film has the best action sequences?

both have some good action, but you just cannot really compare.  

whilst i love the matrix and all it's really cool action scenes [of which there are many] the overuse of cgi in parts really annoyed me slightly.  not that i'm saying they could have made it any other way, it would be pretty crappy in that case, it's just frustrating at times.  kill bill smacks of authenticity and i was very satisfied seeing a film that didn't rely on cgi and really cool special effects to be fun [other than body parts being cut off of course!]

oh and nick, i really feel for you, start to finish, kill bill is an awesome film, hope you can sneak in a viewing sometime soon!
daveblackeye15
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2003, 02:44:49 PM »

Your story made me and my brother laugh out loud (I really feel for you man.) Did I metion MY mom liked Kill Bill? I hope you get to see the whole thing really soon, the movie rocks.

-the first rule of fat club-
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2003, 02:58:34 PM »

Dude, your parents sound like the Flanders on The Simpsons.

At least your dad didn't yell, "Ooogely doogely doo Nick!  Let's go!"

I would make it a point to move out of the house A.S.A.P.!

Post Edited (11-04-03 13:59)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2003, 04:25:07 PM »

I saw Kill Bill with my wife, who is not a huge fan of action or extremely violent movies. There were quite a few spots where I was just squirming in my seat, thinking I was going to catch it for taking her to see it. Being a Tarantino film, she was prepared for offbeat and violent, but I thought for sure it was going too far. Pregnant bride being beaten and shot, guys pimping comatose patients, geysers of blood, spilling entrails. Boy, am I going to get it.

Turns out she liked it. She thought it was very stylish, found the characters interesting, and more importantly, she saw the humour. She understood that the violence was played up to a level of almost parody. She also seemed to appreciate the various influences apparent in the film.

Jeez, you think you have somebody pegged, and they just keep surprising you.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2003, 05:05:19 PM »

My parents were always cool about movies when I was younger, so I never had this problem.

I remember one of my friends telling me that he went to see DRESSED TO KILL with his parents.  His father made them all leave during the sex scene in the taxi.

I sat through movies like THE EXORCIST and EVERYTHING YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT SEX (BUT WERE AFRAID TO ASK) with my parents when I was a kid.  I think they get more embarassed watching movies with me now (I am 39 years old) than they did when I was 8 or 10 years old.  Strange.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
motsuban
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2003, 09:57:27 PM »

charly's angels meets pulp fition could whip neo's ASS
Jim H
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2003, 01:32:55 AM »

"this is a sick movie.They shot a pregnant women"

The idea that someone could think that boggles me a bit.  So because a pregnant person is shot, a movie is automatically sick?  In other words, Schindler's List is one of the most sickening movies ever?

Oh yeah, and Kill Bill had better fight scenes then Reloaded almost across the board.  Reloaded's fights were good, but they lacked a certain feeling to them that I can't quite explain and some of them went on too long (which is something you'll rarely hear me say).
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Adventures with Kill Bill « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.