Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:30:31 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst movie-going experiences « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Worst movie-going experiences  (Read 13101 times)
Susan
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2003, 07:42:05 PM »

That's why I hate those giant multiplex theaters, there is one here where the bathroom (the only one in the theater) is at the main entrance. Which means if you gotta go, you have to go down the flight of stadium stairs, out the door, down the LONG LONG hallway, break a left down the long corrodore, then proceed down the long pathway towards the exit doors and then to the bathroom.

By the time you return, even if running, you end up missing everything. I'm a woman and by nature my bladder is smaller, I drink very little of anything but the worst is when I'm really into a 3 hour long movie and I'm literally about to explode..but your at the very end of the movie that you just CANNOT leave and risk returning with the credits rolling. It makes me wonder if there isn't something to those Depends after all.

Once that happened when I went to see "Alive", I refused to go but my two friends got up and couldn't decide which way to walk and ended up smacking heads like two hollow coconuts, then they sat down as the entire back row began to laugh. They eventually went but I kept thinking the movie was almost over, it had that music and feel to it but they kept walking and walking and then there were waterfalls...pure agony!

That was also the same film that during the cannibal scene where they were cutting some meat from the buttocks of one of the dead someone yelled out...

"mmmm! Rumproast!"

JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2003, 01:09:07 AM »

All the theaters I've been to have the bathrooms right outside the theater itself. Even so, you miss some of the movie. I've always though that they should put the bathrooms inside the theaters themselves, up in the back and with the wall that faces into the theater being a two-way mirror, so that you can still the movie from inside the bathroom.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2003, 03:21:27 AM »

Unless it's a very specific screening catering to an audience who are much like myself, for example the midnight screenings of X-Men 2, Spiderman, and the Lord of the Rings films that my local comic shop sponsors, I generally tend to hate everyone who's in the theater with me.  The Cell Phone People, the Little Kids, the Guy Who Brings His Blind Sister and Gives A Conversation-Level Play By Play of the Entire Movie (which actually happened during the Mothman Prophecies, so it;'s not like I was missing a good movie, but it's the principle).  It extends from movie theaters.  I generally tend to want to spill the blood of these morons (blind people excepted, unless they're really irritating blind people) when I run across them in every day life whether they're talking over a movie or not.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Susan
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2003, 01:28:20 PM »

>>All the theaters I've been to have the bathrooms right outside the theater itself. Even so, you miss some of the movie. I've always though that they should put the bathrooms inside the theaters themselves, up in the back and with the wall that faces into the theater being a two-way mirror, so that you can still the movie from inside the bathroom.<<

John, I used to toy with that idea myself...although I wouldn't want to pee in the dark. I thought of headsets so you can listen to the movie still..but who wants to put those on after they've been in the toilet. I liked the idea of a small restroom just at the entrace of the door around a nook which inside would have the volume (frankly i don't need to see the movie) and it would have to be soundproof. Of course that would pretty much discourage me from EVER wanting to sit in the backrow again if someone had too many beany weanies.

I still think they should have family rooms so parents with restless or screaming kids can go in the soundproof room and watch the movie in there (which would be located at the back of the theater..and yes, in my lifetime overseas I have seen these..marvelous!)

Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2003, 08:00:01 PM »

Susan wrote:

> I still think they should have family rooms so parents with
> restless or screaming kids can go in the soundproof room and
> watch the movie in there (which would be located at the back of
> the theater..and yes, in my lifetime overseas I have seen
> these..marvelous!)

They used to have these in America long ago...

At least, they used to have them  in the theater I went to a a kid.  Before it became a multiplex.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
FearlessFreep
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2003, 12:27:07 AM »

> I still think they should have family rooms so parents with
> restless or screaming kids can go in the soundproof room and
> watch the movie in there (which would be located at the back of
> the theater..and yes, in my lifetime overseas I have seen
> these..marvelous!)

They used to have these in America long ago...

In  the Catholic church, my parents used to call them 'cry rooms'. Not sure if that was the normal name, or what they were called in theaters
Eirik
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2003, 12:51:10 AM »

Two come to mind... and one near miss.

The near miss: Sat down to see LOTR (I'm a big fan of the book and was really looking forward to seeing the movie).  Two people come in and sit down in the two seats to either side of the seat in front of me.  ON the seat in front of me they set an infant in a car seat (by infant I mean less than 3 months).  I was utterly livid as the theater filled up fast and there were no other seats.  I expected to have the movie totally ruined.  Kid didn't make a peep.  Not one sound.

Number two:  Geronimo.  It was a terrible movie which didn't help.  It was also the middle of winter and the heat in the theater was either off or malfunctioning.  As I sat shivering watching the movie, I developed a genuine cold.  I felt fine when I went in, I was achy, tired, with a sore throat and a runny nose when I left.  Possibly the worst three hours (it seemed like it) of my life.

Number one: The Phantom Menace.  You broke my heart George Lucas.  I hope you die.
Eirik
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2003, 01:01:31 AM »

There is a theater near me that only has one screen.  They pump the audio into the bathroom.  You can't watch it, but being able to hear all the lines that are spoken helps immensely.  Unfortunately, you can't do this in a twenty-fiveplex.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2003, 01:09:13 AM »

The worst movie going experience I've had recently was at THE HULK.  I was in Cortez, CO for an archaeological dig (yes, I'm bragging) and there was one movie theater.  Unfortunately, it was pretty crappy.  The sound and picture were bad, and the deep bass rumblings from FINDING NEMO next door permeated for the entire movie.

I did get a kick out of the people sitting in front of us.  The family had one two year old who for the entire movie proclaimed "Gimme a kiss, Mom.  Gimme a kiss!  Gimme a kiss!"  C'mon, lady, kiss the kid already!

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Eirik
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2003, 01:12:53 AM »

Take comfort from the knowledge that for every time you were annoyed by Finding Nemo's intrusive bass coming through the wall, a whole theater full of kids were terrorized six or seven times by the roar of the Hulk and the fire of weapons coming right back through that wall at them.
:)
Crazy the Clown
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2004, 08:35:53 PM »

When a Juggalo, such as myself, goes into a movie theater, I come expecting 3 little things:

1-Cold soda. (Finding a theater that sells Faygo is hard as f**k, or impossible.)
2-Hot popcorn. (And yeah, I like the artificial butter topping! So what?)
3-A good show. (Horror movies and post-Batman and Robin comic-book movie adaptions kick all ass. But a good comedy with plenty of drug and sex humor's all right wit' da kid.)

Now, here's what p**ses me off in theaters.

1-Those f**kers who throw s**t at the movies. (Someone should throw something at them, like a ninja shuriken.)
2-Some dickhead who lets his cell phone ring and ring and ring during the picture. (Shut the f**king piece of s**t off, before I break it over your nugget!)
3-Having to sit in front of someone who kicks the seat. (I keep expecting to hear the words, "Are we there, yet?)
4-Having to sit behind a lady with a big-ass beehive hairdo or a godawful big hat. (If you tell me that ain't happened to you, you're lying to me.)
5-Some jackass who has to talk during the film. (If I wanted to sit through that s**t, I'd watch Mystery Science Theatre 3000.)
6-Pickpockets. (Trying to steal my money when I ain't even got none, b***h!)
7-Those b***hes who decide to French each other right in front of me. (I can get that s**t in a bar for nothing, while no movie's playing!)
8-Vegetarians who cuss me out for having a hot dog. (f**k THAT!!! I ain't gonna eat one of those tofu-dogs like you want me to, b***h! I ain't about your nazi laws, so go f**k yourselves, and let me eat my f**king hot dog!)
9-Atkins' Diet food. (Just how f**king far is this s**t gonna go?)
10-Hearing Eminem in the background. (f**k that fruity-ass faggot ho! He has no business being in any movies, except, "8-Mile 2: The ICP Shoot Eminem Up.")

If you read this with 98, with my 2 cents, now you leave with a buck.

Peace, y'all. Much clown love,

Crazy the Clown.
Susan
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2004, 09:38:19 PM »

is that the tarrantino version? lol

Dave Munger
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2004, 10:40:50 PM »

If I drink anything, I always have to go right in the middle. They should have urinals on the sides of the theater, and just turn the movie up real loud so you can't hear. Just kidding.

I used to always sit behind someone who'd find humor in whatever the movie was. Like in Schindler's List when they were in the Warsaw gheto and the people hid under the trap door with the rug rigged to slide over it, the guy who slipped and fell on the bloody cobblestones, and the kid who hid in the latrine (Haha, he's standing in poop!). Hopefully he was drunk.

Can you believe this thread hasn't turned racial yet?
Ozzymandias
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2004, 12:51:11 AM »

That is what we call it at the Church of Christ.
Ozzymandias
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2004, 12:57:31 AM »

I hate when people bring kids under two to an action or horror film, because the loud explosions or any SFX cause the kid to bawl.

THough one of my worse experiences was a fat geek boy setting behind me and my nephew at "Batman and Robin."  I heard him say, several times, to his friend "The real Batman wouldn't do that."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst movie-going experiences « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.