Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:15:24 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst movie-going experiences « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Worst movie-going experiences  (Read 13097 times)
loyal1
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2004, 01:17:56 AM »

There have only been two times I went to the theatre alone, and the first was to see Mr. Saturday Night with Billy Crystal some time ago, and the second was just a few years ago, and for the life of me I CANNOT remember the name of the movie.  It was either 8MM or H20, or something along these lines.  Some dark and creepy movie that I probably should not have seen alone.  It was the last showing, and a movie theatre I used to work at so I got in for free.  Well, being a small town theatre on a week day there was only 3 others in there besides myself.  There was a couple sitting toward the front.  Then alone in the back on the right-hand side was a man.  A man that looked, well, not a happy type of person, but dark himself.  I sat towards the back on the left-hand side a few rows further than him.

What creeped me out is the feeling that something other than the movie was being watched!  I looked back 3 times during the movie over at this man and each time he was staring at me.  When I caught him, he did the worst...he didn't look away!  I actually feared that he would be waiting for me out in the parking lot.  I could hardly pay attention to the movie for my imagination, and this man got the better of me.

Well, after the movie, I waited for the couple to pass and cut in front of them.  The man stayed and followed us out.  Then I went over to my old manager, and spoke loudly enough to let him know that I was known here.  I waited for some time, and then had the manager walk me out.

You can be sure I checked the back seat before getting in the car...lol.  But seriously, that was quite disturbing, and sometimes I wonder "what if".  Then I wonder what angel was looking after me that night!  Or maybe he was just trying to scare me but never intended on doing anything.  Who knows?  And in many ways, I am glad I don't!
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2004, 01:48:51 AM »

loyal1 wrote:

> Well, after the movie, I waited for the couple to pass and cut
> in front of them.  The man stayed and followed us out.  Then I
> went over to my old manager, and spoke loudly enough to let him
> know that I was known here.  I waited for some time, and then
> had the manager walk me out.

I keep thinking that you're a guy but I now remember that you're a girl.

I read your last post thinking you were a guy the whole time.
A guy having the manager walk him out!
Hehe!

D Master D
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2004, 08:23:20 AM »

I have to say the worst movie experince i've ever had  was Scary Movie 3. i went to see this with some football buddies as their was nothing else to do. because of it i may never see another pg-13 movie ever. not only did the movie suck but we where surround by loud annoying pre-teens who distinctly made me want to go grindhouse on them
loyal1
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2004, 12:39:56 PM »

That's funny because I thought that you were a girl all that time.  I suppose I just see cats with feminine qualities and never thought about it...lol.
Susan
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2004, 06:21:45 PM »

Gee loyal..lol That might have been a totally different experience if the movie was a romantic comedy I guess ;-)  That happens to me alot, for some reason a guy always has to sit a row behind and several seats to the side so he has a nice staring panorama.

Here's another pet peeve. I used to go to more daytime shows, where the theater wasn't packed (sometimes there might be 5 people in the theater). Ok there are what...500 seats? And then you have scenario
#1. Single man comes in, sits almost right behind, next to or in front of. Why for the love of god in a huge theater room..why??? Usually this man has purchased a large popcorn, 2 boxes of candy and a giant order of nachos loaded with jalopenos (you know who you are!)
#2. Two women who basically want to chit chat like it was a family reunion decide to sit right behind you. They talk all the way until the opening credits..as if I couldn't possibly want to watch the trailers.

Again - 500 seats, whyyy? I always gather these are people who can't be lonely, they want to surround themselves with people, feel like they're mixing in. Either that or they're psychotic. Inevitably they lack social graces in some way that sets them back 4 million years, so I have to do the "pretend i'm going to pee" routine mid-movie and move.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst movie-going experiences « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.