Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:34:48 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Not Seperated At Birth « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Not Seperated At Birth  (Read 6718 times)
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« on: November 05, 2003, 01:56:04 AM »

This will probably reveal to all just how stupid I am, but, hey, you all have to learn sometime...

I was watching Perry Mason today and a familiar face popped up.  "Hey," I said, "That's Lee Marvin!"

Except it wasn't.

It was James Coburn.

This is not the first time I've confuse Coburn for Marvin.  this won't be the last time.

What I can't understand is why I keep doing that!  They look nothing alike.  They don't even sound alike!  What in the wide, wide world of sports am I thinking of?

Anyone else have this problem?

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2003, 10:09:15 AM »

yep, I've seen them both in a number of films and can understand your difficulty. It took a monumental journey into the Western genre to recognize the difference between James Colburn and Lee Marvin. Lee Marvin can also be confused with Anthony Quinn like in the movie THE WILD ONE.

Scott

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2003, 10:18:07 AM »

These are the four actors that I have had trouble recognizing the difference Gregory Peck, Cary Grant, Dean Martin, and Robert Mitchum. Though again I'm much better at it due to the Western marathon during the last year.

Scott

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2003, 10:22:06 AM »

Though I've never mistaken these to I have recognized the likeness of both Jim Carey and Bruce Campbell. Maybe they should do a movie together.

raj

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2003, 11:18:58 AM »

They both play the same kind of character in the same kind of movies. (rugged hero in Western or War movie)
Ellie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2003, 03:09:44 PM »

I have never confused Coburn with Marvin. I think their both good looking..Coburn especially. Has anyone ever seen Waterhole No. 3 with James Coburn? It is an ok  western starring Coburn.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2003, 06:22:13 PM »

I used to confuse Jack Palance and Cameron Mitchell, but I don't have any problem telling them apart now.

I have also had problems with Henry Silva and Dan Hedaya a few times (maybe because they are both character actors who have played many similar roles).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
yaddo42
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2003, 07:23:06 PM »

I saw Coburn in an interview when "Hudson Hawk" came out where he joked about how popular he still was in Japan. He said when he would go there, he couldn't walk down the street without people recognizing him and saying his name, "Lee Marvin! Lee Marvin!"

For some reason I used to get Peter Cook and Peter Finch mixed up.

I also mistake director Peter Hyams for actor Peter Boyle sometimes.
Susan
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2003, 09:21:08 PM »

even tho they don't look alike to me i've always mixed up robert deniro and al pacino

for years i also thought clint howard was chacka from 'land of the lost', but that's another story.....

Post Edited (11-05-03 21:02)
JohnL

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2003, 01:19:39 AM »

>for years i also thought clint howard was chacka from 'land of the lost', but that's
>another story.....

That's an insult, to Chakka! :)

Before they became more well known, I used to confuse Neve Campbell and Holly Marie Combs. Also, David Schimmer and David Duchovny.
peter johnson
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2003, 01:46:35 AM »

Great topic!
I have a picture up at work of me with John Goodman.  Most people get who it is, but a significant minority think that it's Norm from Cheers!!  One lady even thought it was Rush Limbaugh(!?!?).
I often confuse Susan Sarandon with another actress whose name just slipped away -- damn!
There's an actress on the TV show The Practice who is so similar to another actress who was fired from West Wing and who now resides at CSI Miami.  What is this trouble with names I'm having right now?
In the silent days, much of this confusion was intentional, as a good character was expected to be imitated & ripped off.  Charlie Chase and Harry Langdon both started out as Stan Laurel imitators until they found their own "voice".
peter johnson
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2003, 03:36:44 AM »

You think that's bad for the longest time I would get Keith David and David Keith mixed up. This irritated me since not only do they not look alike, they're not even the same race!

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
Ellie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2003, 01:26:40 PM »

I used to get Dennis Quaid and Randy Quaid mixed up.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2003, 02:01:17 PM »

I used to confuse Ian McKellen and John Neville. I guess they're both droopy-faced old English gentlemen with slightly similar voices, but they aren't that much alike. Can't think why I couldn't keep them straight.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
FearlessFreep
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2003, 02:57:52 PM »

I have problems distinguishing The Baldwins
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Not Seperated At Birth « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.