Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:11:14 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My b-movie. If I had five dollars and/or knew some girls « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My b-movie. If I had five dollars and/or knew some girls  (Read 3238 times)
Raffles
« on: July 31, 2001, 01:56:31 PM »

I was thinking of doing one called "The saloon".  You know when they have the party scene in a movie, like in Shaft or something and there's just music and sick people hanging out , like right before the dialogue.  Just that for like three hours.  No plot.  Just music girls outfits, etc.
peter johnson
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2001, 07:30:02 PM »

I think Peter Sellers was in something like this, called simply "The Party" -- I think it was by the same director as the Pink Panther franchise.  Anyway, he plays an out-of-place East Indian whose only function seems to be to stop some hippies from painting a baby elephant.
"Barfly" comes close to this -- though I really like Charles Bukowski & mostly enjoyed this film -- 'thought Micky Rourke did an outstanding job.
Speaking of Bukowski, has anyone ever seen the Ben Gazarra film of his "Tales of Ordinary Madness"?  Roger Ebert finds it one of the worst films ever made ("I hated hated hated hated this picture!!").
I think we've all attended a few parties/bar scenes in our lives that you wish the cameras were rolling on -- I recall once in Bombay, back in the late '70's, I was having a beer & at the other table were an albino French dwarf, a Svengali-like Moroccan "furniture" dealer, another hippie like me, & an enormous Kenyan sailor.  They were discussing Bridget Bardot -- heatedly.  I did not join in because at that time I had never seen a single Bardot film & only had the vaguest idea of what she looked like.  All at once, a local lunatic started flinging stones in through the door as hard as he could, smashing lots of glass & some chairs.  Nobody was hurt, he was dragged away, and the argument over Bardot's virtues resumed.
This would be one hell of a festival short film --
Raffles
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2001, 07:20:18 PM »

that Bridgt Bardot debate would be pure movie gold!!
FaerieOfDeath
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2001, 12:20:27 AM »

I would go see it.  And if you need girls and live in Michigan, I can help you out, I'm sure there are some around here somewhere. . . *begins rifling through closets, drawers, pockets*
Mofo Rising
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2001, 02:54:56 AM »

I'd like to see a STAR WARS cantina style version of your party movie.  Better yet, I'd like to see a remake of BARFLY done in cantina style.  Hapless alcoholic (or whatever aliens drink to get drunk) loser stumbles around the less savory parts of science fiction, getting in fights and causing trouble, mostly for himself.

As for insane drunken party scenes in movies, check out the last segment of FOUR ROOMS.  Not really a party scene, but it does capture that craziness.
Flangepart
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2001, 10:50:23 AM »

Good,good, this is verry incouraging, your delusions are getting grander and grander.......I like it! The Cantina bar, with visitors from all over SF. Start with the Bridget Bardot argument, then go from there.....Dianna Troi and her mom, and the Psi's from Bablyon 5 commenting about how men even think like pigs....Ben Sisco lamenting to a drunken Marcus Cole about how maryterdom sucks....The ghost of Dr. McCoy trying to order a mint julip.....and the ghost of Sarek telling him how illogical that is...then Sam from Quantum Leap leaps into the body of the guy from Sliders, and they both say "OH,BOY!"....hey, this has potential!
Raffles
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2001, 10:19:24 PM »

and then richard grieco starts dancing like a cat!!
Hairzilla
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2001, 03:02:20 PM »

The crews of both LOST IN SPACE and BATTLESTAR GALACTICA wander in and ask for directions to Earth, only to be repeatedly laughed at by a disgruntled Gil Gerard and Charlton Heston who've bonded over warm beer. Muffet quickly gets "fixed".... with the latest in Borg technology.... by a plastered Queen, [Here's a question: If the Borg Queen gets drunk, does the entire collective feel it?] and the Robinson's robot starts leading several Cylons in a chorus of "Happy Birthday". Meanwhile, as Boxy and Wesly Crusher whine about how everybody hates them, robot head 790 hits it off with The Brain That Wouldn't Die....and Kai feels oddly sad about it.
Raffles
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2001, 04:06:39 PM »

I love Britney Spears
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My b-movie. If I had five dollars and/or knew some girls « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.