Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:15:44 PM
713374 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  the Toolbox Murders « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: the Toolbox Murders  (Read 2654 times)
Chopper2
« on: November 06, 2003, 09:02:18 AM »

Catchy title huh. Anyone out there seen it? I haven't but I've read and heard so much about it, it sounds like your basic hack & slash film from the 70's, but with more of a graphic nature to it.
The Plot:: Cmaeron Mitchell (from Land of the Lost fame) plays a psycho that goes around killing people using things from his (YOU GUESSED IT!)
It stirred up a preety big s**t storm when it was released. There's a "drill scene" that's supposed to be real bad.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 10:14:01 AM »

If I remember correctly, at one point he uses a nailgun as a short ranged weapon (couple of feet).  The memory of this film that I have is not kind.  Sometimes moderately gory kill scenes, not a lot of development, and I will not get into the whole "Daddy" thing that is going on near the end.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Chopper2
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2003, 10:21:33 AM »

haha, I suppose the "gore" scenes that everyone b***hed about in the past were only gory compared to what else was out at that period in the 70's. The "daddy" thing sounds real gross. I guess I'll just have to wait and be tortured myself when I see it to know what you are referring to.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2003, 10:55:26 AM »

This is one of those movies that I have always wanted to see, but never got around to it.  Maybe someday . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Chopper2
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2003, 11:47:33 AM »

Just so you know, it's available on Netflix.com, also Blue Underground has it on sale at their website. Good luck!
Cash Flagg
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2003, 05:25:32 PM »

This movie is bad, real bad. The murders aren't gory, just unbearably tedious.

The "daddy" sequence referred to is a scene where Cameron Mitchell and his young tied-up victim have a lengthy conversation where she pretends to be his dead daughter. This scene goes on for, and I'm not exaggerating, OVER FIFTEEN MINUTES.

The actor playing the lead kid is just awful. His line readings are completely off, and the rest of the cast just looks so pained and mystified because they obviously had no idea how to play off of him.

Having said that, the DVD does have a nice interview with the girl who masturbates in a bathtub and then gets a nailgun shot to the head.
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2003, 09:42:57 PM »

Tobe Hooper is remakin this turkey, hopefully he can manage something better.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Dropo
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2003, 04:26:14 PM »

I finally rented it a few weeks ago, before Halloween. It was pretty funny. I love the song, "Pretty Lady" they play while the naked woman gets shot with a nail gun. It  does seem like the "Daddy" scene is 15 minutes! I had the little "Lollipop" song he sings at the start of that scene stuck in my head the next day. I love how the killer repeats the word "unnatural" about 10 times.I saw that the special edition dvd is out at Best Buy
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2003, 08:15:25 PM »

Everyone, I finally caught this on dvd last night, and all I can say is the years of curiosity of looking for a copy of this finally ended in grave disappointment. Who the hell wrote this terd! He did a bad job of staying awake in screenplay class because the 1st 30 minutes of this masterPIECE contain barely any dialogue and absolutely no character development. I understand the makers of this were going for more shock and exploitative cheap thrills, and it still works somewhat on that level, but after decades of slasher movies a movie about a guy who hacks women up can only be seen as misogynistic by the public or just flat out silly by the everyday cinephile. This movie was such a waste of my time!
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2003, 09:10:03 AM »

Is he desperate for rent money, haha, I can barely see any redeeming qualities in a remake of this. But like you said Dunners maybe he can bring some substance to it.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  the Toolbox Murders « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.