Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:15:39 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Toys from your childhood. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Toys from your childhood.  (Read 16032 times)
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2004, 12:30:05 AM »

I think I still have most of my Micronauts. I know I had the big robot that you could put a figure into his chest. I forgot and left some of those batteries with the damn cardboard bodies in it and they leaked all over! It's still in the attic, I never did get around the prying out the batteries and seeing if I could repair the damage.

Changing the topic for a moment, there's one thing I won't miss: carboard sided batteries! I haven't seen one in several years, I hope they stopped making them!
Darkautumn
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2004, 10:58:43 AM »

John L-
Funny, but the EXACT same thing happened to me. The robot's name was Biotron, and I left the batteries in him for well over a year, and one day I opened him up, and found all the innards corroded. It took a long time to get himm finally cleaned up. I don't remember if the mechanics ever worked properly again.
odinn7

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2004, 01:58:56 PM »

Anyone remember the old Hasbro Planet of the Apes dolls and play sets? Those were my thing. I had almost everything available for them. I still have most of it but when I was a kid, I played with my toys without ever thinking they may be worth something...they're a little distressed at this point. Same thing with the 6 Million Dollar Man and his sets. Maskatron didn't age very well at all. As a matter of fact, he didn't last more than a couple weeks. Oh, the good old days...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
JohnL

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2004, 04:16:59 PM »

>Funny, but the EXACT same thing happened to me. The robot's name was
>Biotron, and I left the batteries in him for well over a year, and one day I opened

Now I remember. I had most of the figures, plus many of the vehicles, including one that was a big off-white thing with multiple parts and a wired remote control. I also had a couple of the building sets with the square and triangular panels and the set of air-powered travel tubes, which didn't come with enough pieces to make anything worthwhile. The ads showed this fantastic setup that looked like the model for Logun's Run and all you really got was enough for a tabletop.

>him up, and found all the innards corroded. It took a long time to get himm finally
>cleaned up. I don't remember if the mechanics ever worked properly again.

I wonder if anyone ever sued Everready for making batteries that leaked like that?
joe bogen
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2004, 11:54:27 PM »

looking for ryder toy rifle bb
JohnL

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2004, 06:44:34 PM »

>looking for ryder toy rifle bb

Try eBay.
Sugar_Nads
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2004, 10:17:59 PM »

One toy that I have fond memories of as a kid was a transformable Robotech Valkyrie Fighter. ; )
JohnL

« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2004, 02:08:36 PM »

>One toy that I have fond memories of as a kid was a transformable Robotech
>Valkyrie Fighter. ; )

I never had one of these, but I always wondered something; Could you transform it from plane to robot and back without using any alternate parts or physically removing some of the parts and putting them in different places? The reason I ask is that I have one of the transformable model kits and to transform it, you have to remove the plane's nose/cockpit section and replace it with a different one that had attachment points for the legs.
Ed
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2004, 11:48:29 AM »

You'll shoot your eye out.
-Ed
Keith
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2004, 07:44:11 PM »

Do you have a JUMBO dino thunder stegazord for sale.  Desperately looking.
mark
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2005, 08:34:48 PM »

I have a friend who had that toy with the dinosaurs and the hot plate and the vice that mashed them back into little starburst-like chips! I think his mom took it away after he either a) burnt his fingers, or b) mashed his fingers in the vice. A classic ! Does anyone know who made this thing? I'd love to at leat see an old image of what it looked like, it's been about 30 years. Thanks!
JohnL

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2005, 07:18:39 PM »

>I have a friend who had that toy with the dinosaurs and the hot plate and the vice
>that mashed them back into little starburst-like chips! I think his mom took it away
>after he either a) burnt his fingers, or b) mashed his fingers in the vice. A classic !
>Does anyone know who made this thing? I'd love to at leat see an old image of
>what it looked like, it's been about 30 years. Thanks!

That would be Mattel's Strange Change Time Machine. I bought one of those at a flea market once. Fun, until the threads on the vice got stripped and I no longer had a way to crush them into neat little blocks anymore. I think it got thrown out after that. :(
maskatron
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2005, 09:14:27 PM »

i have read about your toys i feel the same way.i have boxes of toys and comic books full of vintage titles.
Alan Smithee
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2005, 11:40:39 PM »

I loved the toys from the mid/late 70's to the mid 80's.

But my favorite was and is THE MICRONAUTS.

I'm an avid collector. I also collect their Japanese ancestors, Microman (Takara).

I have several hundred figures and I wouldn't sell them for all the tea in Japan.
Scott H.
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2005, 12:05:15 AM »

That's a lot of tea to pass up.

My childhood toys are sparse and I don't hold a very fond memory to them. However, my baseball card collection that I started when I was 5 and have continued to build since I wouldn't trade for all the tea in India. It's amazing to see who has passed through the ranks of minor league to become rookies, who then become all-stars.

I have rookie cards and some minor league cards of today's biggest stars: namely Derek Jeeter. Also Mark McGwire, Barry Bonds, Randy Johnson, etc.... Special interest in Frank Thomas, though his value has depreciated over time.

Speaking of "The Big Hurt", Frank Thomas is appearing before the congressional hearing on steroid use in baseball alongside Jason Giambi, Mark Mcgwire, Jose Canseco, and other beefed up beef heads. Good luck trying to defend themselves. I mean, seriously. Who doesn't know?

-Scott H.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Toys from your childhood. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.