Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:21:36 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  You know, Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake was pretty good. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: You know, Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake was pretty good.  (Read 3918 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 07, 2003, 09:14:42 PM »

Not being much a fan of the original film, I think I was able to enjoy the new one on its own merits.  It was fast paced, acted well enough, R. Lee Ermey was AWESOME, and I just plain enjoyed watching it.

Sure, it had some problems, but they didn't impede my enjoyment of the film.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2003, 10:54:21 PM »

I've noticed this again and again...people who don't like the original seem to like the remake and vice versa.  I'm still waiting on video just on general principle.  I think the original is perfect.

I'm undecided on the DAWN remake.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2003, 03:25:19 AM »

Even if the remake actually had any merit other than Ermey, it would still suffer from being utterly unnecessary.  As the Jupiter Mining Corporation pointed out, the original is perfect.
And if the trailer is anything to judge by, the Dawn remake (which is also pretty pointless) is going to suck like a cheap whore.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2003, 04:56:42 AM »

I guess I'm more accepting of the DAWN remake [if done right, which it's starting to look like it won't be] because I can see remaking  that movie and making it more horror-oriented with less "Social commentary" which would mean cutting that 20 minute section where they're farting around in the mall and the movie comes to a screeching halt.  

Then again, if I want that I guess I can just watch the Argento cut.
Chris K.
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2003, 10:52:39 AM »

Considering that Michael Bay worked on the film during production, I don't see anything worthwhile about the film when his name is stamped on it. However, I might catch it on video, but Bay's name on the credits isn't really a great seal of approval.

Also, Bay is planning to do a remake of THE AMITYVILLE HORROR. Knowing Bay, the remake will probably be 2 hours of dull romantic set up and only 15-20 minutes of haunted-house mayhem. What a shame.
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2003, 02:52:56 AM »

Bay was just a backer,a wallet, y'know a suit.

Daniel Pearls cinematogrophy though..f**k, this was so goddamn beautiful. I cant see hsi old work on the original TCM and compare it to his new work, like comparing the damage between a BB gunwith a 12 gauge shotgun.

This is oscar worthy and if he doesnt win its a travesty( so was Halle Berry winning for her monsters ball performance, and lets not forget Cher)

But he's earned this oscar.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2003, 05:23:49 PM »

Being a big fan of the original I was unsure about this remake. But I must admit I enjoyed it. Does it hold a candle to the original? HELL NO!! But in it's own right it is a pretty good movie. A good performance by R. Lee Ermey(though he was better in Willard) and like Dunners said Dabiel Pearl's cinematography is pretty damn amazing.

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2003, 01:31:07 PM »

yeah....it is um really good...lee emery got more screentime than the entire leatherface clan combined. it should have been called the lee emery massacre...at least the flick wouldn't have bastardized the TCM name.

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

raj

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2003, 01:55:13 PM »

mr. henry wrote:

>it should have been called the lee emery massacre...

I can just picture it, scores of dismembered watermelons.

The horror, the horror.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  You know, Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake was pretty good. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.