Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 10:22:44 AM
714153 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I finally found a picture of Alan Smithee! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I finally found a picture of Alan Smithee!  (Read 1169 times)
Howard
« on: November 09, 2003, 07:53:11 PM »

People told me that Mr. Smithee didn't even exist and he was just a name directors use when they're embarassed of their work. I've never heard anything so silly in my life. I've been a fan of Mr. smithee's work for some time now,and thanks to the internet,we can finally learn a little about the mysterious and secretive man they call Alan Smithee. http://www.echonyc.com/~mtv/smithee/
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2003, 08:06:50 PM »

He looks like he's dying from some horrible disease.
Brock
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2003, 08:34:34 PM »

"He looks like he's dying from some horrible disease."

Yeah, it's called karma.
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2003, 09:28:14 PM »

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! I Love it!

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Howard
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2003, 12:07:03 PM »

To me he looks like a sophisticated gentlmen. How rude it is for you people to insult an artist like Mr. Smithee this way! You should insult the lame directors that Mr. Smithee has to clean up after. For all of you who don't know what Mr. Smithee's job is,let me shead some light on the subject. In 1969 Mr Smithee was invited by a friend to sit in on the filming of "death of a gunfighter",the producer fired the director and he realized that Mr. Smithee had some great ideas. Since there wasn't enough time to find an expierenced director,Mr Smithee was offered the job. He reluctantly accepted and his carrear was lauched. He has never liked writing much,but he has a talent for making minor adjustments on scripts,thus turning a mess into a masterpiece. He doesn't like his face in the spotlite like the other media whore directors,that's why so little is known about him. He didn't even like having his name in the credits,but for legal reasons they had to use his name. He also served as "advisor" to directors and actors in many other films which he was not credited for. It is said that he was on the set of "Jaws" and "Close Encounters...." seen talking with Stephen Speilberg before and after every scene.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I finally found a picture of Alan Smithee! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.