Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:43:47 AM
713388 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Our Screen names « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: Our Screen names  (Read 18138 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: November 10, 2003, 01:09:37 AM »

I believe someone asked this question awhile back but I forget and thought I'd write a new thread.

Why do you use the screen name that you have and where did you get the idea for it?

I'm only referring to those of us who don't use our regular names.  
I don't use my regular name (Jamey) as a screen name because my name is a unisex name and 99% of the time I'm addressed as a girl...which I'm definitely not!

I made mine up when I first got my p.c. because I used to have a cat named Ash....hence ASHTHECAT.

Some, such as Feerless Freep are obvious but there are a few that defy explanation like "The Burgomaster" & "Neon Noodle"  (when I first saw Burgomaster's name I kept thinking "Burgermaster" like some expert burger flipper at McDonalds...I pictured some young white wannabe guy behind the grill,  spatula in hand with his Micky D's visor on backwards & upside down dancing to hip-hop and saying "Aww yea yea...I'm da tru Burgermaster!"  Put a nasty mental image into your head didn't I?  Hehe!  No offense Burger...uh...I mean Burgo)  (and Neon Noodle....I picture a giant egg noodle that has been exposed to radiation and glows neon green!...I don't envision a person typing at the P.C....just a giant human sized radioactive egg noodle sitting in a huge bowl of brown beef broth lowering & using the squared corners of it's head to hunt & peck words onto the keyboard...and yes...it's the wavy kind of noodle!)

Or...for those of you that seem to use your real name...are you using an alias to hide your given name?  Just curious.

Why do you use the screen name that you do and where did you come up with it?

Post Edited (11-10-03 04:34)
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 01:52:28 AM »

The origins of my name could honestly lead to years of debate and speculation amongst me,my family, and my friends.There are basiclly two storys as to why I got the name Wycked Nick. The first is the one I generally beleive is true.Back in high School I had a crazy english teacher.This guy I think honsetly had a screw loose because he would scream, and yell all the time.One of his hobbys was to think of nicknames for people in his class.My nickname for some reason was Wicked Nick, and the name has just stuck.
The next story is generally the one most of my friends believe.Im a fairly good artist, and some of my art work could be called extremly disturbing, I also have a bad temper, and would often snap on people for no reason.Some of my friends claim to have thought up my name either after seeing my art work or after seeing me get pist.
What ever the truth I have gone by Wicked Nick for years, usually my friends shorten it to just Wicked.After playing various wrestleing games I changed the spelling to Wycked.My name has sense become the name of my wrestling charector in real life, which you may eventually start seeing on tv soon.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2003, 01:52:49 AM »

Dunners, the phrase ' Dunno' gone horribly wrong.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
-=NiGHTS=-
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2003, 02:02:10 AM »

Third. Best. Saturn. Game. Ever.
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2003, 05:14:40 AM »

Old friend of mine coined the moniker after I showed up with a crew cut at school.  "Man, you got a head like a onion!"
The rest is history . . . .

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2003, 05:32:13 AM »

When I think of Onionhead I think of that PS2 game "Parappa the Rapper" where the first level has you training with an Asian martial arts master with the head of an onion!

Remember that one?

BlackAngel
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2003, 05:51:18 AM »

My screen name describes me.  Well, almost.  Let me break it down:

Black:
Obviously for the way my skin is packed.

Angel:
For being a nice guy, not for being a saint.  Cause I'm most definitly am not.

I thought BlackAngel was a cool way to think of myself as, and a nice e-mail address.  And another thing my name is Eugene, so don't think that behind BlackAngel is a girl either.
----------------------------------------------------
Bulls**t, I still can't hear you, sound off like you got a pair
daveblackeye15

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2003, 11:18:06 AM »

Way back when the internet was getting started I was about 10 or 9 (Well the internet was young then) I wanted a cool screen name so I choose Blackeye. Then my brother said that Blackeye would probably have already been choosen. So I tacked on "15". For years that was my screenname until last year when I came here. I wanted to start a post and it said "NAME:" I thought it meant first name so I typed in a variation of my first name (My name is David but I typed in Dave, but no last name:" Then I figurerd out that name=Screenname. The topic I posted became popular so next time I did a topic I tacked "Dave" in front of "Blackeye15" so that people would know it was me from before and now my screenname is daveblackeye15 everywhere I go (on the net.)

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
FearlessFreep
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2003, 11:27:01 AM »

Some, such as Feerless Freep are obvious

I use that name because my dad called me that after a few stupid stunts I did when I was very small
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2003, 11:32:53 AM »

I am sorry to say it is too obvious:  My given name is Rebecca.

I am a huge 'Alien' fan.  For years I wore a shirt that said "I want to be Ripley when I grow up".

My brother picked up on that, and started calling me 'Newt'.  

It's the only thing he has ever done, that I liked.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2003, 11:54:33 AM »

I got "Burgomaster" from all of the old Hammer horror movies.  They always took place in a village and Dracula or Dr. Frankenstein usually had a run-in with the Burgomaster (similar to a mayor) of the village.

One good example is THE EVIL OF FRANKENSTEIN.  The monster breaks into the Burgomaster's house and kills him.

And of course, the holiday favorite SANTA CLAUS IS COMIN' TO TOWN has a character named "Burgermeister Meisterburger."  (No relation to me, however).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
FearlessFreep
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2003, 12:53:32 PM »

And of course, the holiday favorite SANTA CLAUS IS COMIN' TO TOWN has a character named "Burgermeister Meisterburger." (No relation to me, however).

Ironically, that was what *first* came to my mind
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2003, 01:05:42 PM »

I picked Cullen because aliens sucked all of my creativity right out my nose.  They tried to replace it with Cheez Whiz, but they must have used too much pressure, cause the next thing I knew, my eyeballs had popped right out of my head.  Took the better part of the night crawling around the floor trying to find them.  Would have got them sooner, except my crummy younger brother kept tossing peeled grapes all around me.

Small aside: Never put peeled grapes in your empty eye sockets.  They might fit better and all, but the pain's not worth it.

I would have thought the aliens might have helped me out here.  After all, they're the ones what done it to me, as the Bard once said.  But nooo, they're too busy laughing their grey butts off.  How they were able to walk afterwards with their behinds gone is beyond me.

They tried to apologized  later.  Even offered me the secrets to world peace.  I told them to just get the hell out, and take their nasty Cheez Whiz with them.  The nerve, the absolute nerve.

What was the question again?

Cullen - who really gets some strange thoughts into  his head.

Must be the Cheez Whiz.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2003, 01:45:44 PM »

Well, Mine's pretty obvious, yeah?  You've all seen my posts.  I'm just generally a cranky dude.  Especially when I don't get my daily dose of Kraft Mac and Cheese (tm).

I only recently adopted the monkier for use on forums, but it came from a conversation with a friend who said "Eric?  You're a really grumpy guy, you know that?"

BTW...
-=NiGHTS=- wrote:

> Third. Best. Saturn. Game. Ever.

I have to disagree.

BEST. Saturn. Game. Ever.

and on my all-time top five list for any platform. ;-)

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
raj

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2003, 02:26:16 PM »

Basically I just use my initials.  It's quicker than spelling out Robert.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Our Screen names « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.