Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:52:05 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Our Screen names « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Our Screen names  (Read 18139 times)
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2003, 03:06:06 PM »

MR. HENRY the James Caan character from the wes anderson - owen wilson, luke wilson film Bottlerocket.

mr. henry was a "crew" ringleader who used a landscaping business as a front.

great flick.

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2003, 10:00:01 PM »

Used my first name to post unregistered, someone registered it, I added my last initial and registered that.
BlackAngel
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2003, 12:48:50 AM »

And all this time, I thought Mr. Gingrihge(sp) was in this site LOL.
-----------------
Bulls**t, I still can't hear you, sound off like you got a pair.
Eirik
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2003, 01:03:49 AM »

Eirik is the original Norse spelling of what has become "Eric."  Some people see it and say "Eye-rik," prompting me to give them a lesson in old Norse.  Most people just don't even see the first "i" and pronounce it correctly, which is fine by me.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2003, 08:48:49 AM »

If anyone is really into music, then you should be able to figure out my name.  Both Ska and Oi are genres of music.  Ska is somewhat a mix of rock (most of the time punk) and reggae.  Oi is also a variation on punk.

If you want to know what I'm talking about, download some of the following bands:

The Specials
Hepcat
The Toasters
The Hippos
Let's Go Bowling

As for Oi, go download some tunes by Dropkick Murpheys!

-=NiGHTS=--I have to say that Nights is one of the most amazing games ever made.  Great choice.

Mr. Henry-Fantastic name!  The Lawn Rangers rule!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2003, 01:09:39 PM »

"Vermin Boy" was a superhero name I made up for myself when I was eleven. The only mask I could find was of Mickey Mouse, and I figured I'd come up with something more original than "Mouse Man" or "Rat Boy"

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2003, 01:25:33 PM »

Mofo Rising is a pun on Mr. Mojo Risin', not because I love The Doors, but because I think mofo is such a funny word.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2003, 03:50:10 PM »

In coming up with a theme for the website my friends and I run, we decided on the Brotherhood of Bad Movies and went with a sort of evil monks who are the custodians of b-movies theme.  We all came up with Brother *insert something hopefully clever here* names for ourselves.  Ragnarok is the Norwegian mythology version of the apocalypse.  There you have it.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
frannie
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2003, 08:51:29 PM »

funny you should mention those bands.  i got to see hepcat play here in SF about a week ago.  and DKM is spinning in the CD player as i read your post.

as for my name its just the nickname i picked up while playing hockey in college.  my last name is francis.
Neon Noodle
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2003, 10:21:21 PM »

Damn, wish I had read this post earlier.....sorry for making you wait, ASH....I am not a radioactive egg noodle, but that opens the door for a few script ideas on the message board, I'm sure....

My screenname has its roots in my psyche. Basically, I am a big kid. I plan to stay young at heart for the rest of my life. In keeping with this, I have been a Looney Tunes fan since I could comprehend speech.

I especially liked any shorts with Daffy Duck (I always thought Bugs was pretty overrated myself). My favorite is "The Great Piggy Bank Robbery". In this episode, Daffy faces off with the Looney Tunes' version of the old Dick Tracy villians. For example, there was Juke Box Jaw, Hammerhead, Batman, Snake Eyes, and so forth.

The one villan that stood out the most for me was a character named Neon Noodle. He was basically a huge frankenstein monster made out of neon tubing. Daffy defeated him by turning him into a "Eat at Joe's" Sign.

>When I think of Onionhead I think of that PS2 game "Parappa the Rapper" where >the first level has you training with an Asian martial arts master with the head of an >onion!

>Remember that one?

ASH, since I am so sad I actually know all the words to this song, as does my wife......I'll only punish you with the first verse....

Kick, punch, it's all in the mind
if you wanna test me, I'm sure you'll find
the thing's I'll teach ya, is sure to beat ya
But nevertheless, you'll get a lesson from teacher
Now KICK
PUNCH
CHOP
AND BLOCK

Post Edited (04-23-04 23:02)

In the night, the skull came to his dreams and said, 'You are a fool to rejoice in the entanglements of life.'
Chuang Tzu couldn`t believe this and asked, 'If I could return you to your life, you would want that, wouldn`t you?'
Stunned by Chuang Tzu`s foolishness, the skull replied, 'How do you know that it is bad to be dead?'

-From The Matrix: The Path of Neo
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2003, 12:12:44 AM »

My name is one of the more original names here. Scott is my middle name and I use it because I haven't earned my first name yet.

Ellie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2003, 12:58:43 AM »

My name is Eleanor. Ellie for short. Just don't call me late for dinner..haha.
dean
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2003, 08:32:32 AM »

in my post orgasmic state after finding this site not too long ago, in my haste to post on the site i failed to come up with a suitable screenname so i just used my name, and haven't been bothered renaming myself since.

still thinking of renaming it, but haven't put much thought into it yet.  my creative genius has all but been sapped by uni exams.

btw, i love that duck twacy episode.  neon noodle was by far the best villian.

as for brother ragnarok, i really need to get the final fantasy games out of my head, whenever i see the word ragnarok, i always think of the really cool aircraft that you fly around the place in final fantasy 8.  :-P
Neville

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2003, 10:13:24 AM »

When I started posting regularly in bulletin boards, about 2-3 years ago, I found myself needing a nick, so I picked the name of the main character from the novel I was reading back then, Richard Matheson's "I am legend". Not that it has any subliminal meaning or that I feel that everybody else is a freak but me (you have to have read the novel to understand this last remark).

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Ulthar
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2003, 11:19:43 AM »

Ulthar is from HP Lovecraft - Ulthar is the town where it is punishable by death to kill a cat.

--John
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Our Screen names « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.