Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:22:11 AM
714197 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  On the horizon « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: On the horizon  (Read 2635 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: November 11, 2003, 10:04:02 PM »

Hey folks, I know that I have been scarce lately - but it is only going to get worse.

Between now and Christmas I have Toys for Tots.  Being the coordinator for a chunk of Long Island is no joke, so I can see nights when I will probably sleep in my office.

I will not be going to B-Fest, because I will be in California, at Camp Pendleton, for a substance abuse and control course - I am the unit's new SACO.  Maybe I'll show them "Assassin of Youth" or "Reefer Madness."

We received a warning order that our unit will return to Iraq sometime around June 2004.  The deployment is for one year.  Honestly, the site will probably be fallow for that time - no updates.  Before that happens I will appoint some moderators and try to store up 12 reviews.  Katie could post one per month while I am gone.  June is still a long time away yet, so we will see what happens.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
raj

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2003, 11:48:41 AM »

Don't worry about us, we'll at least have the board.
And keep yourself safe.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2003, 03:30:16 PM »

Take care of yourself man.

-the first rule of fat club-

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Flangepart

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2003, 04:38:26 PM »

Be careful, Andrew. Moderators or no moderators, we wanna get our reviews from the main man.
"Reefer madness"....i thought that was about a truckdriver with a refrigerated rig, who goes postal.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2003, 09:59:40 PM »

Don't worry Andrew, the board will keep us busy. Should your unit get deployed just make sure to stay as safe as possible.

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2003, 05:53:21 AM »

Luck to you.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2003, 06:32:45 PM »

Be careful out there.  Those doped-up tots can be be dangerous to the unwary.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2003, 07:44:05 PM »

Wait (and correct me if I've misunderstood), they're making you miss B-Fest to babysit junkies?  That absolutely sucks.  Maybe you should make them sit through Heironymous Merki...wait, no ,that's a good movie...make that Message from Space.
One way or another, you'll be missed.  Good luck, brother, and keep safe.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2003, 11:12:48 PM »

Brother Ragnarok wrote:

> Wait (and correct me if I've misunderstood), they're making you
> miss B-Fest to babysit junkies?  

No, I am missing B-Fest to become a Substance Abuse and Control Officer.  The intent is for me to ensure that Marines will not use illegal drugs or abuse legal ones (hooch, etc.).

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Evil Matt
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2003, 02:31:51 AM »

Screening "Reefer Madness" would be a bad idea, then.  There's nothing in the world that does a better job of arguing in favor of using drugs than horribly informed propaganda films about how awful they are.

But that scene where the old guy gets run over is hilarious...

Everything's funnier with monkeys.
Neville

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2003, 07:02:15 AM »

Andrew wrote: "We received a warning order that our unit will return to Iraq sometime around June 2004."

Take care, man.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2003, 01:45:38 PM »

Just a quick helpful bit to use as a SACO. When I was a wee, young LCpl, after an incident in Wilmington,NC , that involved booze and a fire-team rush on a college kid's Mazda(which incidentally made The Navy Times!). I and some of my co-devil-pups were remanded to our unit SANCO for some much needed evaluation and counseling. I don't remember everything that wise Gunny had to say, but one bit of advice remains with me. His advice to us.....drink SLOWLY! Yeah, his advice was not to drink less or drink responsibly, or not to drink at all...but to drink SLOWLY!! Yeah, made a world of difference....thanks Gunny.

If you ship out Andrew, remember...I'm up, He sees me...I'm down!!! Take care of yourself. Come home safe and soon.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  On the horizon « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.