Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:50:44 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  ALIEN (1979) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ALIEN (1979)  (Read 3240 times)
Cheecky-monkey
« on: November 12, 2003, 04:20:50 PM »

A bunch of really bad actors are terrorized on a space ship. Very cheezy, with terrible special effects (the monster looks like a guy with a trash bag over his head! Lol!) and horrible acting, but it's a fairly entertaininf motion picture, though it's horribly dated.
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2003, 08:30:22 PM »

Are you just fishing for a reaction or what?

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
Susan
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2003, 09:17:44 PM »

Your right..alien just isn't as cool as movies today like T3 which totally rock with their originality and ingenius computer effects!

yeah...uh....totally

Just another example of how older films aren't embraced by many of today's younger generation...because if it's old it must suck. Just because a film is older than you doesn't mean it's "dated"

JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2003, 09:54:50 PM »

>Cheecky-monkey (---.albyny.adelphia.net)

It's bacK!!!
daveblackeye15

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2003, 11:30:09 PM »

HHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'SSSSSSS BAAAAAAACCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!! GET ANDREW OR A MONERATOR!! I THOUGHT ANDREW GOT RID OF THIS GUY!! (by the way Alien is a KICK ASS movie!!!)

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Eirik
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2003, 01:39:26 AM »

I saw this post earlier and didn't think it was worth even replying to.  Now I see this guy has a history (I'm new).  My suggestion would be not to bother responding.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2003, 03:54:04 AM »

yet here is another two responses

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Neville

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2003, 05:27:54 AM »

Yep, "Alien" is dated, but only because there have been hundreds of movies after it that used its framework or just copied the whole thing verbatim. I still find it both good and enjoyable, but I'll be the first to admit it is difficult to see it with a fresh mindset anymore.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2003, 05:45:21 AM »

I understand this guy is just trying to get a rise out of us and by responding I am only going encourage him, but I like to argue, even if it is with a 13 year old who sits at his computer all day playing Diablo 2 and eating hot pockets while his favorite Hercules episode plays in the background.Dude get a life.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2003, 09:33:03 AM »

- is to confuse "Alien" with "Creepozoids".  See?  Alien - Creepozoids; Creepozoids - Alien.
I sympathise.  Easily done.

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2003, 04:45:10 PM »

Isn't it amazing that some people have nothing better to do (and actually believe that it is loads of fun) to post stupid comments on message boards?  I can imagine Cheecky-Monkey now:

"Hee, hee, hee . . . I posted a message saying that ALIEN is a really bad movie . . . hee, hee, hee . . . I'm a funny person . . . hee, hee, hee . . . I'm pretty cool . . . in fact, I'm almost a hacker . . . hee, hee, hee . . . "

Cheecky's Mom:  "Young man (or woman) . . . have you cleaned your bedroom yet?"

Cheecky:  "Not yet . . . I'm really busy.  Hee, hee, hee . . . "

These are the types of people who also call people on the phone and don't say anything, just to make them mad . . . or ring doorbells and run away.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Cheecky-monkey
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2003, 04:52:26 PM »

I am entitled to my own opinion i did not like this movie so what how is it affacting you're lives?
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2003, 04:57:48 PM »

I guess you're right.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion.  I'm just a little confused.  If ALIEN has bad special effects and horrible acting, I'd like to get your opinion of a sci-fi movie with excellent special effects and great acting (for comparative purposes).  That way, I will be able to better understand the basis for your opinion.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Riley
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2003, 09:53:20 PM »

I will name you a movie like that.

"Krull". Great movie with outstanding FX and great acting.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2003, 09:01:36 PM »

Your opinion "affacts" my life less than the migraine I get attempting to wrap my head around your lack of grammar skills.  :D

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  ALIEN (1979) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.