Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:44:08 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What did I do Today? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What did I do Today?  (Read 989 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: November 12, 2003, 11:28:54 PM »

Well, Tues. and Wed. are my days off. Today all I did was watch movies between running a couple trips downtown on this wet day on the East coast. Today I seen 5 films. Most of them are noted for their great cinematography, except one. Four of these films played on either TCM or AMC today.

The Night of the Hunter (1955) - Rather disturbing film starring Robert Mitchum and Shelly Winters. Mitchum plays a psycho-preacher killer who chases two children along a river to get a bundle of money hidden in a doll. Some very effective scenes here. Directed by Charles Laughton believe it or not.

Arabesque (1966) - Great looking film starring Gregory Peck and Sophi Loren. Neat situations in this film. Most noteably the shower scene. The film is a truely a showcase for Sophia Loren's beauty as she plays a spy. Peck plays a professor.

The Lady from Shanghai (1948) -  Wow, this film stars Orson Welles and Rita Hayworth. The whole film is quite visual from Mexico, the streets of San Francisco, and Chinatown. The famous mirror shoot out scene is something for aspiring filmmakers to see.

The Angel and the Badman (1947) - A Western starring John Wayne. This is one of his best in my opinion. I really enjoyed this film.

The Rats are Coming ! The Werewolves are Here ! (1971) - Crazy film with a family of werewolves who use injections to keep themselves under control when the full moon comes out. Well, something happens and they all transform and kill each other off. Not a masterpiece but I did like the ending.

Well I seen all these films for the first time except I did see the end of "Night of the Hunter" last year, but now I've seen the whole thing. My mind is a bit like silly puddy right now. A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Well who knows maybe I made progress today in some type of way.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2003, 04:52:41 PM »

NIGHT OF THE HUNTER - I bought the DVD a year or two ago and I didn't like the movie as much as I thought I would.  I'll have to give it another chance.

ANGEL AND THE BADMAN - This is a pretty good John Wayne western.  Note the plot and character similarities to Harrison Ford's WITNESS.

THE RATS ARE COMING! . . . Another Andy Milligan cheese classic.  I haven't seen this movie in about 15 years.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2003, 10:36:11 PM »

NIGHT OF THE HUNTER is a unique film. It's good in a few ways. I liked it. It just catches my attention. Different kind of film in my opinion.

I've never seen WITNESS, but would like to catch it on TV. Might buy a copy of ANGEL AND THE BADMAN.

THE RATS ARE COMING ! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE ! was a two disk set that I bought with THE BLOOD THIRSTY BUTCHERS for $8.99.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What did I do Today? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.