Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:31:36 AM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Mommie Dearest « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mommie Dearest  (Read 3368 times)
FaerieOfDeath
« on: August 03, 2001, 01:42:17 AM »

Best.  Movie.  Ever.

I first saw this one a few years ago at about 3 pm on a Sunday, probably on FOX, they show f**ked-up stuff like that.  My god, what a strange movie. My personal favorite part would have to be when Joan Crawford is screaming to clean up the bathroom, throwing scrubbing bubbles or whatever it was around at 2 am.  Priceless.

peter johnson
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2001, 05:06:38 PM »

Some movies have almost single-handedly ruined the careers of actors/actresses.  Faye Dunaway, a serious and quite gifted actress, was cursed for years by this film.  Her asking rate for the films she could get plunged & even though she's had better pictures recently she is still feeling the effects of this albatross.
Steve.
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2001, 05:51:17 PM »

Agreed, Peter - it almost destroyed her. She simply couldn't shake it off, it clung like s**t to a blanket.
Flangepart
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2001, 11:49:46 AM »

It proves a point about the average film executive, more then the average filmgoer. If you hit it big as a Bad Person, the image is all they see, not the real actor/actress behind the character on screen. That, would take too mutch mental energy! If the "Suits" had any real imaginations, they would not be treating us like mushrooms,,,,keep ya' in the dark, and feed ya' S#%T!  In Hwood, only image matters. Thats why the place is hollow. There's no insides there.
Steve.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2001, 01:17:40 PM »

Directors can have similar woes. Michael Powell was finished as a director because of the hysterical reaction (at least over here) to his "Peeping Tom". He was branded all the monsters under the sun, and virtually black-balled (that sounds a tad unpleasant, actually).
Flangepart
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2001, 11:08:29 AM »

Ooh.."Blackballed"...could be a prank pulled on sleeping collage freshmen(hand me the paint for' he wakes up!)...or, the consiquance of slideing down the bannister, and finding that splinter....ouch.
Steve.
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2001, 02:30:02 PM »

Does this involve personal experience, by any chance Mr. Flange?
Flangepart
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2001, 06:46:54 PM »

leave us just say, a wedgie was involved. and speaking of such, what movies would you conciter giveing the title, "Honorary mind-wedgie?" Any thing by Troma would be a good candidate......
Steve.
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2001, 02:35:08 PM »

Er...I hate to bother you, but what is a "wedgie"? Please be gentle for verily I am but an ignorant Brit.
peter johnson
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2001, 10:19:20 PM »

You were expecting an answer from Flange, but since I'm here now, I'll fire off an answer:
A wedgie is -- usually -- a surprise sudden lifting of the back of the elastic band of someone's undergarments, so that a significant amont of cloth material is jammed suddenly into the posterior opening of one's anatomy.  An atomic wedgie would be one where the elastic waistband is stretched over the victims head from behind -- this is very difficult, but not impossible, to achieve.
I defer to Mr. Flange's experience in such matters . . .
Flangepart
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2001, 10:40:48 AM »

As well you should! An atomic wedgie is a fearsome thing, and an antimatter wedgie could only be worse! Personaly, i think it was invented by someones girlfriend to remind him, "Look, but don't touch, but don even look while i'm with you!". Ouch!
Steve.
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2001, 03:10:37 PM »

It's true - you sure do learn something every single day. That is a very clinical explanation, Peter. I sense a traumatic experience somewhere along the line...The atomic version just doesn't bear thinking about., and the anti-matter...words fail me.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Mommie Dearest « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.