Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:05:42 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Made for TV Movies ? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Made for TV Movies ?  (Read 9604 times)
Yaddo42
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2004, 09:43:08 AM »

Does anyone else remember "She's Dressed to Kill" starring Connie Selleca from 1979? Someone is murdering the world's "top models" who are gathered at the mountaintop home of a fashion designer for a private fashion show. Basically a tame TV version of a slasher movie, but the killer had strange methods of murder. One of the girls is killed when her hairspray is replaced by nerve gas! Used to turn up on TBS late at night a lot along with other TV movies and half-forgotten 80s flicks.

I must be one of the few people who actually hates "Gargoyles". It's not even that the movie is that bad, it's just that it used to turn up on TV so much, it became overkill for me. I used to fread fliping through the channels looking for a late night movie or checking the TV listing and seeing "Gargoyles" was on yet AGAIN.
charles r bouy
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2004, 03:12:55 PM »

anyone out there know how to find DOWN IN THE VALLY I aired some tyime ago on PBS can find it anywhere.  any help wiuld be appreciated  e-mail me   cbouy@cox.net
racdrums
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2004, 12:33:22 AM »

I liked the made for tv movies too and a few of my favorites were:
                        Bad Ronald
                        Mad Room
                        Don't  Be Afraid of the Dark
                        Night Gallery (the pilot)
                        The Night Stalker
                        Duel
                        and one starring Cliff Robertson as an ex military man that goes hunting with his buddies and has a poor day of hunting.  They then come across other hunters that have had the same results on the other side of a stream.  Bored , a shot rings out and they start a small war between themselves, which ends abruptly.  Anyway, sometime in the future,  Cliff and his boys want to finish it and plan a military type hunting trip,  this time hunting for you know who.  Its winter and snow is on the ground.  Cliffs bunch are dressed in green fatigues and are ambushed by their prey who were dressed in white, hiding under the snow.  I think the ending has Cliff Robertson lying in a hospital while all his buddies lay in the morgue.  Does anyone know the name of that movie?  Cuz I can't remember.
racdrums
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2004, 12:41:57 AM »

The Night That Paniced America was a good one.  The well made tv movie of Orsen Wells radio broadcast of War of the Worlds.
MovieBuffRob
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2004, 01:28:22 AM »

The Cliff Robertson movie your thinking of is called "shoot" from 1976, however it was not a made for tv movie but a theater release.
Mitch McAfee
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2004, 03:46:05 PM »

Re: Damnation Alley

Some people often confuse Damnation Alley for a 1970's FILMATION TV series called Ark 2 which also featured an almost similar long vehicle & was white in color also.
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2004, 05:21:47 PM »

I remembered the Ark II that way too, but in reality the vehicle aren't really much alike. The Landmaster is still around and running and is a real off road vehicle. It had that weird tri wheel setup.

The front of the Ark II became part of a life size model of space ship on another 70's Saturday morning show called Space Academy.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
racdrums
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2004, 09:37:08 PM »

Thanx, I could have sworn it was a tv movie but now that I think about it you're right.
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2004, 12:07:16 AM »

Here's a small page for Ark II.
George Brooks
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2004, 06:57:52 PM »

Can anyone help me remember the western that showed train robbers steeling a freight car from a moving train by means of cables and a spur track?  I can't say if it's a tv movie or a series.  Perhaps it was from Wild Wild West.
sandy collman
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2004, 10:30:53 AM »

Awakening Land
sandy collman
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2004, 10:37:05 AM »

Looking for Awaking Land With Alizabeth Montgomery
sandy collman
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2004, 11:31:44 AM »

Awakening Land Alizabeth Momtgomery
khartman
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2004, 07:17:10 PM »

I'm wondering if anyone remembers a movie from the late 70's or early 80's that had a group of vicious dogs attacking people at night.  The only scene  I can remember has some people trapped in a cabin with the dogs trying to break their way in and the dogs eye glowed red.
heidi
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2004, 07:17:45 AM »

Yes, I loved that movie. The title was "Trapped". I recently found it on ebay when I was doing a search for old tv movies.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Made for TV Movies ? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.