Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:15:46 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Cat in the Hat « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Cat in the Hat  (Read 8575 times)
Kory
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2003, 02:03:24 AM »

"...I don't remember a rave scene with a cameo by hoochy hotel heiress Paris Hilton in Dr. Seuss's "The Cat in the Hat," do you? How about a Playboy centerfold sight gag or a joke with the punchline "You dirty 'ho"?..."

My case in point.
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2003, 02:31:59 PM »

At least with THE GRINCH they play the original cartoon every Christmas, and will probably be doing so after the movie has been forgotten.   In the case of the Cat in the Hat, I'm afraid the story has been ruined for a whole generation--there's a cartoon of THE CAT but it's seldom played--I think I've seen it only once and it wasn't on television.
Romulun Harris
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2004, 10:01:06 PM »

When I looked at previews of the Cat in the Hat, I learned that girls were going to be doing Thing 1 and Thing 2. It sort of excited me at first, but when I saw the movie, I was outraged! I had no idea that a man was going to be voicing the things! I was really angry because back in those days, it was funny hearing a man's voice coming out of a female's mouth, but not anymore! If they make a sequel, I hope they bring the things back, but this time, with a female actress!! What I'm trying to say is that hearing a man's voice out a girl's mouth is DISGRACEFUL!!!!
Romulun Harris
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2004, 10:06:08 PM »

When I looked at previews of the Cat in the Hat, I learned that girls were going to be doing Thing 1 and Thing 2. It sort of excited me at first, but when I saw the movie, I was outraged! I had no idea that a man was going to be voicing the things! I was really angry because back in those days, it was funny hearing a man's voice coming out of a female's mouth, but not anymore! If they make a sequel to the Cat in the Hat, I hope they bring Things 1 and 2 back, but this time, with a voice actress!! What I'm trying to say is that hearing a man's voice from a girl's mouth is DISGRACEFUL!!!! I don't blame the voice actor, but I blame the one who came up with the idea to put a man's voice into a girl's mouth!
Romulun Harris
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2004, 10:07:15 PM »

When I looked at previews of the Cat in the Hat, I learned that girls were going to be doing Thing 1 and Thing 2. It sort of excited me at first, but when I saw the movie, I was outraged! I had no idea that a man was going to be voicing the things! I was really angry because back in those days, it was funny hearing a man's voice coming out of a female's mouth, but not anymore! If they make a sequel to the Cat in the Hat, I hope they bring Things 1 and 2 back, but this time, with a voice actress!! What I'm trying to say is that hearing a man's voice from a girl's mouth is DISGRACEFUL!!!! I don't blame the voice actor, but I blame the one who came up with the idea to put a man's voice into a girl's mouth!

Romulun Harris
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2004, 10:09:06 PM »

Romulun Harris
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2004, 10:10:24 PM »

Romulun Harris
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2004, 10:11:18 PM »

odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2004, 11:02:33 PM »

Yes, I think I understand now but let's see if I really do...what you're trying to say is that hearing a man's voice from a girls mouth is disgraceful. You also don't blame the voice actor but the one who came up with the idea to do it.  Am I right?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Dave Munger
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2004, 06:10:17 PM »

Myers: Great on SNL, especially as Dieter. I heard they were going to make a Sprockets movie, but Myers wouldn't go for it because they were going to make it like Austin Powers and he only would do it if they made it as good as the sketches. What I've seen of Austin Powers was painful. Too slow and not a high enough joke density for the level of absurdity (should have been more like "Airplane!"). Reminded me of later Jerry Lewis when he decided to slow everything down and look at the camera a lot.

Jim Carrey: Good on In Living Color, especially as the Cherub of Justice. I want to see him do that character in a movie.

Adam Sandler: OK on SNL, especially as Canteen Boy. I want to see him do a movie like the ones that Peter Sellers and Jonathan Winters used to do in the 60s where they'd play about 15 different characters. I'd also like to see Carrey do this, especially if it was a mix of their old TV characters and some new ones.

Better yet, all three of them subdue their egos for long enough to team up on some giant mega-wacky extravaganza in the tradition of "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World!"
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2004, 11:35:28 AM »

I ma surprised no one has yet mentioned . . .

If you want good Seuss, then try  1953's "The 5000 Fingers of Dr. T" w/ a screenplay by Dr. Seuss and Hans Conried as Dr. Terwilliker (Dr. T.) While a failure at the boxoffice, what the filmmakers remembered, and what today's filmmakers forgot, was that Dr. Seuss was a minimalist--minimal verbiage, minimal illustrations. Thus today's feature films, "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" and "The Cat in the Hat," look overwritten and overproduced in comparison.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Cat in the Hat « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.