Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:33:57 PM
713367 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Couple Films ? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Couple Films ?  (Read 1532 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: November 19, 2003, 02:11:51 PM »

My local Blockbuster picked up two older DVD's one was BURNT OFFERINGS and the other was FEAR NO EVIL. Anyone seen these films? What did you think of them? IMDB had very mixed reviews of these two films.

Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2003, 02:40:29 PM »

I remember Fear No Evil being quite good.  Long years have past by since I last seen it, so take that with a grain of salt.

Burnt Offerings I only saw the tail end of, so I can't say one way or the other.  The novel's pretty good, though.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2003, 05:37:00 PM »

Haven't seen BURNT OFFERINGS though I don't think many people liked it.

FEAR NO EVIL was one where the ads scared me when I was a kid but saw it as an adult and wasn't impressed.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2003, 05:52:53 PM »

I saw BURNT OFFERINGS a couple of times many years ago.  I seem to remember that it was fairly dull.  I also saw FEAR NO EVIL.  It was an ambitious horror movie (I believe that the director was very young . . . early 20s or maybe even late teens).  Unfortunately, even though it was an ambitious effort, it wasn't very good.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2003, 12:57:25 AM »

Well, I rented FEAR NO EVIL tonight. Not great and not bad. The film has a rather comical air to it.

regan
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2003, 10:02:51 AM »

Seen both - if u love cheesy horror films, Fear no evil is the better - about a put upon kid who happens to be the incarnation of Lucifer.  But doesn't blockbuster (even here in Oz) edit it's own movies?  I think u are better off going to a dingy vid store - they always have the best horror movies.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Couple Films ? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.