Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:06:08 AM
713330 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Kingdom of the Spiders « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kingdom of the Spiders  (Read 4318 times)
RockdawgIV
« on: August 07, 2001, 11:06:28 AM »

Just got done watching a purchased copy of Kingdom of the Spiders.  All in all this movies wasn't that bad!  The only thing creepy as hell in this movie was watching William Shatner trying to put he moves on a woman!!!!!
Chadzilla
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2001, 11:09:29 AM »

I just watched it recently myself.  Did a review for it over at scifilm.org, it should be posted next week.  I was a kid when it came out in '77 and the thing still gives me the willies.
peter johnson
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2001, 09:47:19 PM »

In Virginia, they ran it as a double with -- tah dah!:  "Night of the Lepus".
I still transpose scenes from one to the other --
What would a giant Rabbit Spider be like?
Flangepart
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2001, 11:03:23 AM »

Or a cross breed with William Whitman....or Stuart Shatner? God, the duleing hairpieces alone would make it worth the price of admittion.....and the idea of Giant Rabbits laying Spider Eggs that look like Rabbit pellets....lets not mention the webspinning....
Vermin Boy
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2001, 03:34:16 PM »

I imagine it would look something like the monster from Angry Red Planet-- But at least Kirk and Bones would be there to defeat it.
Steve.
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2001, 05:35:07 PM »

I feel another sleepless night ahead. Peter and Mr. Flange - will you please stop tormenting my poor brain with these fiendish images? Duelling toupees (or not toupees, that is the question), gigantic Spabbit-Riders laying chucky-eggs the size of webweaving webweavers. ARMAGEDDON DOTH APPROACHETH!
Flangepart
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2001, 06:51:30 PM »

Say, Peter...do you think Steve is onto our little plan to drive him stark, raveing bonkers? I'd hate for him to figure it out before the portal to the underuniverse is ready.
Steve.
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2001, 02:35:49 PM »

I knew it! DamnYankees! So much for the "special relationship" between our two fair lands, eh? Treachery! Perfidy! And other words I don't know the meaning of but make me sound like an intellectual.
Flangepart
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2001, 05:36:58 PM »

Says you! And speakin' of intellectuals....                                                                               > You know your an intellectual when:: You can listen to the William tell overture, and not think of the Lone Ranger......You can hear Boots Randolphs "Yakkity sax" and not think of Benny Hill.....You can hear Wagners "Ride of the Valkires" and not think of Elmer Fudd ,Bugs Bunny or Robert Duvall........J. Phillips Sousa's "Liberty Bell March" and not think of Monty Python....Thats enough for me...your turn, gang!
peter johnson
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2001, 07:32:10 PM »

I think Spabbit Riders SHOULD ride in to the tune of "Ride of the Valkyres" -- 'tis only fitting.
Also, bit thankyou to Mr. Vermin for noting that, indeed, they WOULD look something like the thing in "Angry Red Planet", but, indeed Bones & Spock would be there to defeat it --
Jim Shatner Kirk would try to have sex with it, thus keeping the Rabbit motif in force --
Flangepart
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2001, 10:28:48 AM »

And if he were too tired, he could always let his hairpiece do the job. He hehe....on Freakazoid, Shatner was at a convention, and his hairpiece cooed like a tribble!
Steve.
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2001, 01:39:34 PM »

Were there any eggs laid in it Mr. Flange? It would make a very...different omelette.
Flangepart
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2001, 11:44:23 AM »

If we were to take the Bat-Rat-Spider image to its ultimate conclusion, we'd have a vermin that roosted in attics while spinning webs and looking for cheese. Not nessarily in that order. At night, it would fly around, getting into trashcans and eating leftover dog food, spinning webs in peoples hair, and becoming a new urban legend. ...whil a CAT-Rat-DOG would spend all its time chaseing itself......
Steve.
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2001, 03:18:11 PM »

The plot thickens Watson. The Cat-Rat-Dog of the Baskervilles lives on Dartmoor and picks off unwary, conveniently "escaped" loons. Our wonderful government is responsible, because their "care in the community" policy just isn't working. They create the myth of the hellish creature to keep easily scared social- workers away from the moor. Problem solved - no more of those "difficult" psychiatric patients to worry about. Now if Sherlock can be dragged away from his coke, pipe and violin for long enough...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Kingdom of the Spiders « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.